Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and there are many others that have come and flopped. There is a reason most promoted teams end up being relegated back after a few seasons.

You say he is better than Lucas and Lamela when all you have seen of him is against championship level opposition. A 21yr old lucas looked good in ligue 1 and a 20yr old Lamela looked good in Serie A, both leagues being much better than the chsampionship, but we all know how those two have turned out.

My point remains that there is no evidence, beyond your personal delusions, to support your claim that he is currently better than Lucas and Lamela. He might develop to be and he might fade away. That is not the kind of player we should be signing with our current squad problems.

Very few teams that come up are full of players that are as good as he is,

Really we don't ever know how someone will adapt to the PL so if that is your standard we will never replace anyone, What we do know is that Lamela and Moura are not good enough. They offer zero creativity, are poor passers and offer almost nothing in attack. It is a clear area that we need to improve.

Olise may or may not do that, but there is a much better chance that he does that than the two plugs we have that we know can't do it. He is also a guy that fills the HG quota which helps us a lot as well.

Being scared to take on young talented players is how your team gets stuck with garbage like Moura playing a key part of your season. It is a way you get passed by teams like Liverpool, West Ham and Villa who are playing young guys like TAA, Jones, Bowen, Benrahma, Watkins.

Teams that aren't scared to add talent and skill to their teams are having the most success, Teams taking your scared approach and despising skill fall off.

Very few teams that come up are full of players that are as good as he is,

Really we don't ever know how someone will adapt to the PL so if that is your standard we will never replace anyone, What we do know is that Lamela and Moura are not good enough. They offer zero creativity, are poor passers and offer almost nothing in attack. It is a clear area that we need to improve.

Olise may or may not do that, but there is a much better chance that he does that than the two plugs we have that we know can't do it. He is also a guy that fills the HG quota which helps us a lot as well.

Being scared to take on young talented players is how your team gets stuck with garbage like Moura playing a key part of your season. It is a way you get passed by teams like Liverpool, West Ham and Villa who are playing young guys like TAA, Jones, Bowen, Benrahma, Watkins.

Teams that aren't scared to add talent and skill to their teams are having the most success, Teams taking your scared approach and despising skill fall off.
You are just totally wrong cos I dont remember us buying Ndombele,PEH, and Reguilon from the championship, so the notion that we will never replace anyone is plainly false.

Its not about adapting to the PL, but whether the player has the level of quality needed to succeed in the PL. This can be gauged by the level of opposition the players has played against, the higher the level of opposition, the more accurate the assessment typically is. Doesnt mean a guaranteed success, but an increased level of certainty. The championship is too far below the PL to be making the kind of jump you are making in assessment. The chance that he would flop is actually much higher than that he would out perform Moura or Lamela in the next few seasons.

I agree that clubs that arent scared to add talent are having the most success but I dont see Liverpool, City, United or Chelsea shopping in the championship for their starters. Tamy Abrahams scored 25 goals for Villa in the championship, and yet cant stay ahead of a 34yr old Giroud in the PL.

As for your silly idea of it being a recipe to get past teams like Liverpool, buzz me when West Ham of Villa wins the PL with championship players. If we shop like Villa and West Ham, the only thing we will achieve is being regular midtable teams with the occassional EL apearance, just like Villa and West Ham.

EuEMYVvWQAE0Fp_

We need players like this in our squad.
Never injured
Always available
try their hardest etc.

At the same time
- almost never socres / assists on high level
- taking foreign player spot
- only getting older and losing value

I generally agree that we need some squad players as well. But right now we have too many of them.
And Moura, even while being always available is pretty much useless with his contribution.

I think he would have to be among first ones out the door together with hopeless Sanchez and always injured Lamela.

Nope

I think seeing him against LASK and Wolfsberfer it’s nice to see what he can do when facing a team at the same level as him.

Shows that he could be a useful player if put in the right league.
all lucas's best moments have come from him getting the ball and just running with it and going for goal alone. to be fair when he does do that he can be unstoppable. hes a bit like son in a way where they arent footballers who can get involved too much in the actual football.

Nope

I think seeing him against LASK and Wolfsberfer it’s nice to see what he can do when facing a team at the same level as him.

Shows that he could be a useful player if put in the right league.
Weird.
Yet again, we have found a player that is not a victim of tactics.

You can talk about LASK all you want, I posted Kane’s best stats though too, and it’s 99% against the same teams. But then it’s tactics for Kane.

Ever wondered why all our forwards (bar Bergwijn who you think is elite lol) seem to play more freely, better, faster and score more when Kane’s not playing?

It might........might, just not be about the level of the opposition

Keep your head in the sand though, it’s fine.

Moura -Son-Bale with Dele in the mix worked nicely yesterday. I thought Lucas did well and it was nice to see him put his dribbling skills to good use. Ok, he did just give it straight to them on a couple of occasions but I expected nothing less. The good thing is he's so high-energy and fearless he's a headache for defenders. If only his end product was always so good.

all lucas's best moments have come from him getting the ball and just running with it and going for goal alone. to be fair when he does do that he can be unstoppable. hes a bit like son in a way where they arent footballers who can get involved too much in the actual football.

Yea, he is unstoppable when playing against Austian / Bulgarian league / Championsip opposition. Literally he has scored 7 and assisted 5 - out of those 2+1 against Ludogorets ; 1+1 against Marine ; 1 assist against Wycombe ; another 1+1 coming from EL qualifiers against garbage teams as well; 2 goals against Austrian midtable teams (LASK+Wolfsberger). Against decent opposition he has goal against Newcastle and assist against West Brom.

Just look at his goal. He will pull off one like this in EPL for every 100+ attempts (I think it wast last season against Wolves when he did as well, but ever since has been running into defenders who will clear the ball with ease) and remaining 99 times he just loses the ball.

But good that he at least scores against lesser opposition, so maybe in summer some team that is aiming Europa League can come knocking on our door and maybe pay some reasonable amount with what we can try to find a replacement :) !

Yea, he is unstoppable when playing against Austian / Bulgarian league / Championsip opposition. Literally he has scored 7 and assisted 5 - out of those 2+1 against Ludogorets ; 1+1 against Marine ; 1 assist against Wycombe ; another 1+1 coming from EL qualifiers against garbage teams as well; 2 goals against Austrian midtable teams (LASK+Wolfsberger). Against decent opposition he has goal against Newcastle and assist against West Brom.

Just look at his goal. He will pull off one like this in EPL for every 100+ attempts (I think it wast last season against Wolves when he did as well, but ever since has been running into defenders who will clear the ball with ease) and remaining 99 times he just loses the ball.

But good that he at least scores against lesser opposition, so maybe in summer some team that is aiming Europa League can come knocking on our door and maybe pay some reasonable amount with what we can try to find a replacement :) !
yea at least he actually has an effect on the game against the weaker sides, more than what some of the other fringe/squad players do. he also done it 3 times in a champions league semi final to drag us through! hes a good squad option to have imo hes just a very limited footballer whos literally only good when hes going alone and direct.

you need them squad players who thrive against weaker sides if youre fighting on four fronts

Unfortunately Bergwijn has shown he can do it against PL talent, as well as international talent, which must be so frustrating for you that a Spurs player shows talent.
I'd love for Bergjwin to be the same player in reality as he is in your head.

Just find it funny how you act like he is leaps and bounds ahead of the likes of Lamela and Moura when there is no evidence at all for this.

I'd love for Bergjwin to be the same player in reality as he is in your head.

Just find it funny how you act like he is leaps and bounds ahead of the likes of Lamela and Moura when there is no evidence at all for this.

He is leaps and bounds better than both those guys. I wouldn't say that is much of an endorsement and says more about how terrible Moura and Lamela are, but Bergwijn is clearly a lot better than either of those two plugs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom