Lucas Moura

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yea, he is unstoppable when playing against Austian / Bulgarian league / Championsip opposition. Literally he has scored 7 and assisted 5 - out of those 2+1 against Ludogorets ; 1+1 against Marine ; 1 assist against Wycombe ; another 1+1 coming from EL qualifiers against garbage teams as well; 2 goals against Austrian midtable teams (LASK+Wolfsberger). Against decent opposition he has goal against Newcastle and assist against West Brom.

Just look at his goal. He will pull off one like this in EPL for every 100+ attempts (I think it wast last season against Wolves when he did as well, but ever since has been running into defenders who will clear the ball with ease) and remaining 99 times he just loses the ball.

But good that he at least scores against lesser opposition, so maybe in summer some team that is aiming Europa League can come knocking on our door and maybe pay some reasonable amount with what we can try to find a replacement :) !
What would have happened in these games if Lucas had not done the business?

What would have happened in these games if Lucas had not done the business?

Yea, I suppose it would have been a catastrophe if we would have won 4:0 instead of 5:0 against Marine; if we would have won 6:2 instead of 7:2 against Maccabi; if we would have won 3:0 instead of 4:0 against Ludogorets ...

These would have been shocking results without him indeed :wanyama:

How does moura get so much hate 😆
Hes not world class but a great player to have that has given great goals and memories over the years

I don't think there is hate :)

Just reckognizing that considering all aspects he could be one of the main people who we could and should upgrade on, if we want to progress as a team in general.

Of course all of us will remember the night in Amsterdam, his goal vs City and so on. And I am personally thnakful for his contribution. And it is not even a question - he tries hard all the time.

Just that he is not really starter material ;
Is at the age where you couldl still sell him, but soon has 0 value ;
Takes up foreign player spot (considering restrictions, I'd prefer having rather HG players as squad options);
Can be really frustrating with his decisions at times.

Doing more than son at the moment. This guy gets slagged off while son gets protection from fans when you dare criticise when he plays like a complete cunt for two months. This guy contributes to this side every year although inconsistent is definitely a valuable squad member that provides throughout the season.

Doing more than son at the moment. This guy gets slagged off while son gets protection from fans when you dare criticise when he plays like a complete cunt for two months. This guy contributes to this side every season although inconsistent is definitely a valuable squad member that provides throughout the season.
neither of them should be starting every game as they are too limited! son also doesnt have a clue what to do with the ball outside the final third. both lack a football brain, play them together and thats what you get today! you see the difference when bale came on to having an actual attacker who knows how to use the ball

How does moura get so much hate 😆
Hes not world class but a great player to have that has given great goals and memories over the years

Because he is one of the most wasteful players we have, and doesn’t even have two footballing brain cells in his entire head.

He tries and he gives his all whenever he gets a chance, so I can’t fault him for that, but just being able to jump high and run fast isn’t good enough.

What he did against Ajax is great and all, but that doesn’t make up for week after week of generally poor play.

Nice goal from him today, he is always on everyone's sell list him he puts so much effort into his displays

He is looking good behind the striker as a runner
Always works his ass off. Plays with a smile & doesn't moan about being dropped. Usually good against weaker opposition. Yes he isn't a starting 11 player against top teams but we need good back up & squad players. Think we paid 25m for him so he has done quite well in general.
He can look great 1 game & poor the next but overall I'd say he is a squad player worth having.
I wouldn't cry if we sold him but happy if he stays.

Always works his ass off. Plays with a smile & doesn't moan about being dropped. Usually good against weaker opposition. Yes he isn't a starting 11 player against top teams but we need good back up & squad players. Think we paid 25m for him so he has done quite well in general.
He can look great 1 game & poor the next but overall I'd say he is a squad player worth having.
Another thing about him is he is seemingly always healthy which is a huge asset.

He's surprised me playing as a 10. It seems like it would be an awful fit given his vision on the pitch is really limited, but his dribbling and running in the center of the pitch works well there. He's limited still, but I've been happy with his performances which I can't really say I expected.

Another thing about him is he is seemingly always healthy which is a huge asset.

He's surprised me playing as a 10. It seems like it would be an awful fit given his vision on the pitch is really limited, but his dribbling and running in the center of the pitch works well there. He's limited still, but I've been happy with his performances which I can't really say I expected.
Yep. Ready to step in when needed. Look at the Ajax game for example.
Yeah he causes defences a lot of problems in that position which you wouldn't expect. He makes lots of good runs & gets in good positions & knows how to finish. He will be an asset ss long as he/we know his limitations & stick to them.

His introduction as a "10" is directly connected with Sonny and Bale together as wingers. We need the central player behind Kane to work really hard - press, track back, offer simple passing options wherever the team needs.

Ideally, this player would be Lo Celso. But, until he´s back, I believe we´ll see more of Lucas there - with Alli usually coming in as a sub.

He's been worth every penny just because of a game.

I like Moura and he earned every cent we paid for him that night in Amsterdam. He’s not a starter for me in the tough games. Play him in the cup games and against bottom half opponents in the EPL but not against Man City in the League Cup final. He has lots of energy (like Lamela) and rarely gets injured which in our team is a huge boost but he’s a squad player; a super sub!. You need a handful of players like Moura in your squad and I’m glad we have one of them

Back
Top Bottom