Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He did a great dribble through whole city team picking the ball up inside our half. However sometimes holds on to the ball too long. I’d like him to start making more forward passes even if they don’t come off. The more he does it the more the forwards will realise it and start making the runs. A great pass is only as good as the run of a player.

Fully agree it is a team game but in what area of the team is his best.
All we hear is not a number 6 or 8 or 10.
Please tell me what his best position is?
Like I said £60 million £200k per week I expect more
I asked you what you expect him to do and instead of providing an answer, you deflected.

Is this guy all that? Sometimes looks world class but often looks shit as well or many games just pass him by, think you'd have to call him a flop overall at this point if you consider his ridiculous price tag.

Or is it just Jose and the handbrake he puts on the team?

He’s running out of puff, same as Hojbjerg. But we have no choice but to keep playing them because the alternative is not Premier League standard.

Ndombele was not the problem today, he worked hard and passed the ball neatly. The problem was we have a very robust opponent a 2-0 lead.

He was good today.

Only player who seemed to want to play it forward - at one point he was visibly frustrated with how shit our attack is coached when it comes to movement.

Imagine being Ndombele and seeing the likes of Sissoko and Dele coming on.

Would be amazed if he, Kane and Son aren't considering their options.
Our results were a lot better when we were putting "the likes" of Sissoko and Dele, weird innit.

He has quality but for some reason you guys refuse to criticize him even when he's shit. And he's shit quite often unfortunately. He had great form early on in the season but like Höjbjerg, he's not doing enough at the moment.

Weak mentality.

He was good today.

Only player who seemed to want to play it forward - at one point he was visibly frustrated with how shit our attack is coached when it comes to movement.
It's hilarious how your standard for Ndombele being good is "he wants to play" regardless of the outcome, whereas Sissoko or Winks doing the same are slated and not fit for purpose.

You're just too biased when it comes to Ndombele

He was good today.

He was anonymous.

For a player who has the 'world class' title associated with him we have to be holding him to a higher standard.

A complete passenger in the first half and only came into it in the second when West Ham completely sat back and he didn't have to fight for the ball in the middle.

It's hilarious how your standard for Ndombele being good is "he wants to play" regardless of the outcome, whereas Sissoko or Winks doing the same are slated and not fit for purpose.

Are you blind or dumb?
Tanguy was making good passes, spread play well, dribbled guys and defended fine.
He supposed to dribble the whole team and control where his teammates run?
Moronic to criticise him of all people today.

He was anonymous.

For a player who has the 'world class' title associated with him we have to be holding him to a higher standard.

A complete passenger in the first half and only came into it in the second when West Ham completely sat back and he didn't have to fight for the ball in the middle.

Were you expecting him to get the ball, run through a wall of West Ham players and score a goal?

Totti has been tracking ndombele since FIFA 14 Karl I think he knows what he's talking about.

There were many times today when Tanguay had the ball and no one was open to receive it from him , you can see he is always looking to pass forward but what is he meant to do when no other cunts makes a run or makes themselves available for him to pass to?

Because Ndombele has an army of people who defend him against even the most mild, justified criticism and it just gets my goat

The criticism was that he was rubbish today though.

When anyone who watched the game would know that to be false.

Eric Dier was rubbish. Davinson Sanchez was rubbish.

Ndombele was, by his standards, a notch below his level that we've come accustomed to. But when you've got the ball and your world class attackers stand still, what are you meant to do?

Every single player deserves criticism today
I think he’s been quite poor for his standards lately and funny enough ever since he was moved back to CM, except maybe the first couple of games. That’s not to say I don’t want him at CM. But I’m going to assume since not a single thing ticks in this team, he can’t have much impact even if he’d grab the ball, dribble past 2-3 players then pass it to someone like Moura who runs into the opposition players.

Back
Top Bottom