Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was good today.

Only player who seemed to want to play it forward - at one point he was visibly frustrated with how shit our attack is coached when it comes to movement.
What a fucking idiot you are.
Yet again he did fuck all I don't think you watched the game.
Having said that Lloris Sanchez and Dier were shocking yet again.

The criticism was that he was rubbish today though.

When anyone who watched the game would know that to be false.

Eric Dier was rubbish. Davinson Sanchez was rubbish.

Ndombele was, by his standards, a notch below his level.
He was useless for about 60 minutes of the game and did poorly

There is no way he was "good today" as you said. He wasn't the worst, he wasn't the best. He was quite comfortably below average and should be criticized just like Höjbjerg for getting dominated by Spam's midfield today.

There were many times today when Tanguay had the ball and no one was open to receive it from him , you can see he is always looking to pass forward but what is he meant to do when no other cunts makes a run or makes themselves available for him to pass to?
As Totti said there were a few instances he was demanding runs to be made. Not even lung busting against the odds runs, just simply moving into space and not being static.
Instead of berating him we should make him manager.

I think he’s been quite poor for his standards lately and funny enough ever since he was moved back to CM, except maybe the first game. But I’m going to assume since not a thing ticks in this team, he can’t have much impact even if he’d grab the ball, dribble past 2-3 players then pass it to someone like Moura who runs into the opposition players.
See I agree - I just don't think he can play in a midfield two in the PL right now, we get dominated by physical midfields like Soucek-Rice and so on. That's not entirely on him, but I don't pretend he did amazingly.

He was useless for about 60 minutes of the game and did poorly

There is no way he was "good today" as you said. He wasn't the worst, he wasn't the best. He was quite comfortably below average and should be criticized just like Höjbjerg for getting dominated by Spam's midfield today.

I assume you mean the final 60 minutes - as he was quite comfortably our best player in the first half not named Lamela.

Ndombele was, by his standards, a notch below his level that we've come accustomed to. But when you've got the ball and your world class attackers stand still, what are you meant to do?
World class players drag a team to success when the chips are down.

Which incidentally Bale, not Ndombele, was close to doing in that second half.

Calling Ndombele's performance rubbish does not mean Kane, Son, Hojberg, Dier and Sanchez were not also rubbish.

See I agree - I just don't think he can play in a midfield two in the PL right now, we get dominated by physical midfields like Soucek-Rice and so on. That's not entirely on him, but I don't pretend he did amazingly.
Aye, was going to say that. He’s very easily brushed aside when outnumbered and Hojbjerg isn’t a strong lad either. I think Ndombele could do better with a partner in the mould of Wanyama, who can dominate physically aswell.

Are you blind or dumb?
Tanguy was making good passes, spread play well, dribbled guys and defended fine.
He supposed to dribble the whole team and control where his teammates run?
Moronic to criticise him of all people today.
You absolute muppets were comparing him to Zinedine fucking Zidane 3 weeks ago, now you accept bang average for 6 or 7 games in a row 😂

World class players drag a team to success when the chips are down.

Which incidentally Bale, not Ndombele, was close to doing in that second half.

Calling Ndombele's performance rubbish does not mean Kane, Son, Hojberg, Dier and Sanchez were not also rubbish.

By your definition - we don't have any world class footballers.

I would disagree.

As I believe Kane is world class and he's very rarely dragged our team to success when the chips are down. In fact, he's one of the main reasons we didn't win today.

You absolute muppets were comparing him to Zinedine fucking Zidane 3 weeks ago, now you accept bang average for 6 or 7 games in a row 😂

He ain’t Zidane but he is one of the best players in central midfield in the league with the ball at his feet. But your never going to see much with Jose boot the ball tactics, he is wasted here just like a lot of our players.

By your definition - we don't have any world class footballers.

I would disagree.

As I believe Kane is world class and he's very rarely dragged our team to success when the chips are down. In fact, he's one of the main reasons we didn't win today.
Kane's done so a million times before though - Ndombele just doesn't seem to have the personality to drag a team to a win on his own.

He's from the Özil mould. Wet clay. Cake eater mentality.

Ndombele was, by his standards, a notch below his level that we've come accustomed to. But when you've got the ball and your world class attackers stand still, what are you meant to do?

He’s running out of puff, same as Hojbjerg. But we have no choice but to keep playing them because the alternative is not Premier League standard.

Ndombele was not the problem today, he worked hard and passed the ball neatly. The problem was we have a very robust opponent a 2-0 lead.
Running out of puff?
He is a professional athlete that is paid to play football.
Lyon must think they have won the lottery £60 million they will be luaghing all the way to the bank

He ain’t Zidane but he is one of the best players in central midfield in the league with the ball at his feet. But your never going to see much with Jose boot the ball tactics, he is wasted here just like a lot of our players.
Best central midfield player in the entire league?
Your football knowledge is nonsense

Kane's done so a million times before though - Ndombele just doesn't seem to have the personality to drag a team to a win on his own.

He's from the Özil mould. Wet clay. Cake eater mentality.

I wouldn't agree that Kane has done it a million times - he's scored goals against big teams, but I wouldn't say he's dragged us to success when chips are down.

And I don't think Ndombele is there to win games on his own either. He never done that at Lyon, so why would we be expecting him to do that here?

He's not a goalscorer nor is he someone who has history of beating numerous players in a dribble to score or assist. He's someone who, when used correctly in a team that can actually play football, can help control a game.

We are coached hideously. When you put players who want to play football in a team that lacks movement and direction, you're going to struggle.

Ndombele isn't anywhere near the level of Modric - but even Modric would struggle in this set up.

I feel like I’m still seeing excellence from him: heads-up progressive passing, confidence on the ball, good coverage going back. Whatever deficiencies there are, IMO, have to do with our lack of structure—players not using space well, getting clogged up and narrow (and so limiting ball movement options), runs that aren’t timed well or chosen.

That doesn’t feel to me like it’s on him. It speaks to what‘s happening in training (and, more precisely, what isn’t).

There have been plenty of games where Tanguy was our best player though...
That's undeniably true. But unfortunately he buckles under pressure and when the team is on the down I have never seen him rally and calm the team down. I just don't think he's that type of player.

I'd rather have a 'plodder' like Sissoko running about and doing his best for 90 minutes in central midfield and put Ndombele on at 60' for Lamela to do some damage up front in these tough games.

At 6 or 8 you need composed players with a strong mentality who won't lose their heads and compete physically, Mousa Dembele was a fighter and never ran from a battle and Ndombele is simply not made like that. Get a good dm/cm to play with PEH or Sissoko and play Ndombele ahead of them in these games.

Back
Top Bottom