Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's undeniably true. But unfortunately he buckles under pressure and when the team is on the down I have never seen him rally and calm the team down. I just don't think he's that type of player.

I'd rather have a 'plodder' like Sissoko running about and doing his best for 90 minutes in central midfield and put Ndombele on at 60' for Lamela to do some damage up front in these tough games.

At 6 or 8 you need composed players with a strong mentality who won't lose their heads and compete physically, Mousa Dembele was a fighter and never ran from a battle and Ndombele is simply not made like that. Get a good dm/cm to play with PEH or Sissoko and play Ndombele ahead of them in these games.
I don't believe lack of fight was the issue. At all.
It was a lack of competent attacking patterns and defensive organisation/errors.

That's undeniably true. But unfortunately he buckles under pressure and when the team is on the down I have never seen him rally and calm the team down. I just don't think he's that type of player.

I'd rather have a 'plodder' like Sissoko running about and doing his best for 90 minutes in central midfield and put Ndombele on at 60' for Lamela to do some damage up front in these tough games.

At 6 or 8 you need composed players with a strong mentality who won't lose their heads and compete physically, Mousa Dembele was a fighter and never ran from a battle and Ndombele is simply not made like that. Get a good dm/cm to play with PEH or Sissoko and play Ndombele ahead of them in these games.

Yes but Ndombele in a possession team can run a game, that’s his role but we don’t play that football he is not a DM. He would look great at Man City.

Also we had this weird phase under AVB where Dembele was this pseudo DM. He was nowhere near as effective. Great players still need to be utilised correctly. If there's no movement then any good work done deep in midfield won't result in anything.

On the missing for the first half hour.
Pointy twirly guy. Points his finger to tell people not to pass to him then when they do he does the pointless Parker pirouettes and passes the ball backwards or sideways.
Then makes a terrific pass and gets interested. World class for 7 minutes spraying passes forward instead of sideways and backwards.
Then gets disinterested again.
We need Eriksen back and GLC fit because he has no competition and is playing good only when he feels like it.

I don't believe lack of fight was the issue. At all.
It was a lack of competent attacking patterns and defensive organisation/errors.
Overall absolutely. I am not blaming Ndombele for the loss. I am just saying that if Soucek goes hard in on Ndombele and forces him out of the game, he doesn't have the personality or steel to impose himself back.

His skill set is simply not suited to it.

Look at every other side around us right now; Partey, Xhaka, Rice, Soucek, McTominay, Rodri, Matic, Ndidi, Fabinho - even if some of them are shit footballers, they have immense physicality. If you play Ndombele at 8 or 6 you have to partner him with someone who can physically dominate, PEH and Ndombele is like Winks and Lo Celso, or Fred and Andreas Pereira - weak and lacks intimidation.

Yes but Ndombele in a possession team can run a game, that’s his role but we don’t play that football he is not a DM. He would look great at Man City.
We had nearly 70% possession today and he was poor.
He couldn't run a fucking bath.
Man City class fucking hell

Also we had this weird phase under AVB where Dembele was this pseudo DM. He was nowhere near as effective. Great players still need to be utilised correctly. If there's no movement then any good work done deep in midfield won't result in anything.
I agree.

I don't think Ndombele is at fault for this loss in any way really - but he wasn't good enough today but he also wasn't given the platform to perform due to lacking the skill set (imo) required to play in a midfield two for us against good, hard working, organized teams.

Overall absolutely. I am not blaming Ndombele for the loss. I am just saying that if Soucek goes hard in on Ndombele and forces him out of the game, he doesn't have the personality or steel to impose himself back.

His skill set is simply not suited to it.

Look at every other side around us right now; Partey, Xhaka, Rice, Soucek, McTominay, Rodri, Matic, Ndidi, Fabinho - even if some of them are shit footballers, they have immense physicality. If you play Ndombele at 8 or 6 you have to partner him with someone who can physically dominate, PEH and Ndombele is like Winks and Lo Celso, or Fred and Andreas Pereira - weak and lacks intimidation.
I will say that I would like Tanguy to protect himself with some darker arts, using the elbows here and there, showing studs etc.
His strength is actually good, he can make strong players bounce off of him. He'll get better at it as he adapts more.

Kane's done so a million times before though - Ndombele just doesn't seem to have the personality to drag a team to a win on his own.

He's from the Özil mould. Wet clay. Cake eater mentality.
Lack of desire lack of effort but some of our fans think he is world class.
No wonder we are in the shit the man plays in the engine room of the team without a fucking engine.

I agree.

I don't think Ndombele is at fault for this loss in any way really - but he wasn't good enough today but he also wasn't given the platform to perform due to lacking the skill set (imo) required to play in a midfield two for us against good, hard working, organized teams.
Our superstars need Ben Davies to play well to make them play well

Can't hear you I'm celebrating the result.
Damn near dropped a few dabs and millie rocked with J Lingz myself. Get the cunt sacked woop.
Yeah, that’s the difference between me and you.
I was fuming with our defence and fuming with our shit attack bar Bale.

You were celebrating today, with West Ham, and seem very proud about it

Dembele was awful in AVBs second season and Poch's first.

So much so that people (on this forum alone) were willing to sell him to Napoli.

Back
Top Bottom