Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Ndombele it just goes to show how much of difference just moving closer to the defence can effect your game. Clearly he was playing well when he was further up the pitch, but since he has sat deeper he hasn't played aswell. Maybe the No10 position suits him more as he's a luxury player.

It's like Dele to a certain extent. he was was great playing behind Kane, then he went through that phase where he played really deep and his form suffered.

He is extremely skilful and can do things no one else can in our midfield. But hes been average for quite a few games now. Hes no dembele thats for sure.
Never was it was a poor comparison all along. I honestly think when you ask forward thinking footballers into systems that go utterly against their natures their form gets dragged down. He has resisted this pull way longer than Kane and Son but it is NO coincidence that ALL the attacking players are struggling in this set up. Now even the players the system was supposed to suit are collapsing PEH Dier. Form is directly affected by the coaching ethos and the system. Its done lads Jose goes or this continues its that simple. Oh and I meant to add I also think N'dombele along with quite a few others have totally lost faith in the coach. I was told a volume of the squad want the manager changed

It's like Dele to a certain extent. he was was great playing behind Kane, then he went through that phase where he played really deep and his form suffered.

No, it didn't.

He just had a different role to fill.

Not scoring goals or assisting doesn't equal to suffering form.

Dele in 17/18 was brilliant. His last consistently great season for us, in my view.

Didn't score or assist as much as 16/17 because he wasn't playing behind Kane but he was still a great player the year. Put in a monstrous shift defensively. yet still scored and assisted when needed.

Never was it was a poor comparison all along. I honestly think when you ask forward thinking footballers into systems that go utterly against their natures their form gets dragged down. He has resisted this pull way longer than Kane and Son but it is NO coincidence that ALL the attacking players are struggling in this set up. Now even the players the system was supposed to suit are collapsing PEH Dier. Form is directly affected by the coaching ethos and the system. Its done lads Jose goes or this continues its that simple. Oh and I meant to add I also think N'dombele along with quite a few others have totally lost faith in the coach. I was told a volume of the squad want the manager changed
He was also poor under Poch.
He needs other players to do his work for him and that is why he will not cut it in the premier league.

I was told a volume of the squad want the manager changed
As with most things, the ‘volume of the squad’ will be those who aren’t playing, I would imagine.

Neither right nor wrong, but human nature. Sometimes, hard lessons have to be learned and the person learning isn’t so keen on learning them at the time.

Again, neither right nor wrong, but if you’re using the squad don’t like it as an argument, that’s player power and Chelsea-thinking. Are you happy with that association?

Performances aren’t great, but they haven’t been since long before Poch was sacked. There’s no denying that individual errors haven’t caused most of our collapses: personally, I think the coach should be working with the players to fill that gap and ‘train it out of them’...but, as they say, practice makes permanent, and if players have been making those errors all of their professional lives, then that’s a lot of coaching that’s needed?

Hes no dembele let's be honest

Different players.

People forget that Dembele was having an awful time before Poch. Under AVB he would have one good game followed by 2 averages ones and a really crap one. Fans even talked about selling him. He would kill any counter attack by holding onto the ball for ages then either do a square pass or poor forward pass.

It was only getting fit and being part of a tactical system that used his skills did he dramatically improve.

Even with that Ndombele is still a better passer and more creative than Dembele, he is obviously weaker in defence and retaining possession. But we are not even using 50% of what Ndombele could offer in a progressive attacking system.

Different players.

People forget that Dembele was having an awful time before Poch. Under AVB he would have one good game followed by 2 averages ones and a really crap one. Fans even talked about selling him. He would kill any counter attack by holding onto the ball for ages then either do a square pass or poor forward pass.

It was only getting fit and being part of a tactical system that used his skills did he dramatically improve.

Even with that Ndombele is still a better passer and more creative than Dembele, he is obviously weaker in defence and retaining possession. But we are not even using 50% of what Ndombele could offer in a progressive attacking system.
Excuse after excuse when is your man going to step up and show us what the hype is about and why we spent the massive outlay in transfer fee and wages?

Excuse after excuse when is your man going to step up and show us what the hype is about and why we spent the massive outlay in transfer fee and wages?

When is your man Jose going to coach decent attacking and defensive football? £15m a year and the whole team doesn’t know what the tactics are. He is finished at this club.

Makes you feel sick and other clubs will get better out of them like Bale and Modric.
Please don't put him in the same class as the two players you mentioned who both had very good careers at Spurs which led to their move to Madrid.
Ndombele during his Spurs career has showed nothing to suggest he is anywhere near that level.

Makes you feel sick and other clubs will get better out of them like Bale and Modric.

And Carrick, Berbatov etc...

Shame really - but it is what it is.

We aren't a huge club that wins things and don't throw around big wages and transfer fees to really keep our best players.

So we can't be surprised. We're all used to it.

Back
Top Bottom