Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kane has been our best player year in year out for the last 5 -6 years.
Ndombele has not been our best player for even 5 games.
Are you sure you are a Spurs supporter?
You sure Kane has been our best player over the past 3 seasons?
The guy wasn't even our player of the season the past two years and we made it to the CL final without him.
You try to spin a narrative when it's convenient for your agenda.

I feel that Tanguy is still more suited in the 10 role. We had more stability in midfield when we had him playing further forward. Hate to say it but I thought we had maybe slightly better stability in midfield when we had sissoko alongside Pierre.

I think Tanguy’s just now adjusting to the pace and demands of the league and then moved into his current position which requires yet another step up in work rate and fitness level. So, I think that naturally affected the stability in midfield and has actually caused Pierre to work a bit too much and have become more error prone.

I’m not saying Tanguy isn’t capable of playing his current role but he was just getting comfortable in a 10 role and able to play 90 mins but in his current role, it demands so much more and I personally believe he is in adjustment period and is affecting our midfield.

I almost would rather Dier move up alongside Pierre, then move Tanguy further forward.

As with most things, the ‘volume of the squad’ will be those who aren’t playing, I would imagine.

Neither right nor wrong, but human nature. Sometimes, hard lessons have to be learned and the person learning isn’t so keen on learning them at the time.

Again, neither right nor wrong, but if you’re using the squad don’t like it as an argument, that’s player power and Chelsea-thinking. Are you happy with that association?

Performances aren’t great, but they haven’t been since long before Poch was sacked. There’s no denying that individual errors haven’t caused most of our collapses: personally, I think the coach should be working with the players to fill that gap and ‘train it out of them’...but, as they say, practice makes permanent, and if players have been making those errors all of their professional lives, then that’s a lot of coaching that’s needed?
Not using it as any argument at just saying what I was told. And one of the folk least keen on the new ethos has been played to death for the record.

I though he was ok not spectacular like he can be. There was track back in the first half where ran back into our box and cleared it or something. Couldn’t imagine the two on the bench would have done that. At least with him he can collect a vertical pass out from the back into CM and keep the ball. Plus he also makes good vertical passes to players in forward positions. These cut out half the opposition. I have noticed he seems to have stopped attempting forward passes. Whether that is due no forward runs or just keeping it safe so as not to make a mistake. Don’t know. He defo helps keep procession.

The player hasnt changed, what has changed is his positioning. The deeper he plays the lesser of a player he becomes. Playing in a double pivot is simply not his best position.

The best we can get with the current squad is hoping GLC gets fit and possibly playing a 4-3-3 with both GLC and Ndombele ahead of PEH.

You are very easily pleased if you honestly think that.
No doubt he has talent but has no desire and that is the telling thing.
We will be lucky to get £30 million back for him because at the moment he is a failure at Premier league level.
Barca, PSG, Man City, Juventus I think have all been linked with him for at least double that. I wonder if they know more about footballing valuations than you or me?

I have no issue whatsoever with his performance yesterday.
So Jose played him in a proper role and his teammates were not Champo this time?

Or can our best players perform well after all?

Take your time now, I’m going to guess your answer:

He’s world class so plays well despite everyone around him and tactics but when he’s poor it’s because of everyone around him and tactics”

AFAIK he has not had any involvement in a goal let alone an assist since Wycombe.
I am struggling to remember even a chance he has set up in the eight games since WW.

He’s world class so plays well despite everyone around him and tactics but when he’s poor it’s because of everyone around him and tactics”
You try hard to be funny but expose a low iq or lack of understanding of English.

If the bolded was true it would not contradict or negate the latter part.

Think of it like this-
He's so good that he can often overcome shit tactics and teammates to put in good performances.

So as usual the joke is on you.

He's so good that he can often overcome shit tactics and teammates to put in good performances.

Son, Ndombele and Kane pushing forward, Ndombele fights off three players and passes it to Son who mis controls a good through ball, has to check back and go around the houses and eventually finds Kane who baubles along and blasts the ball wide instead of passing it to Lamela for a tap in.

“Lamelas fault for not shouting loud enough”

Back
Top Bottom