Tottenham v. Burnley - February 28 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But that’s also what Redknapp was doing too! There simply isn’t any actual analysis these day’s, nothing about the teams +/-, who they set up, how either will play or deal with each other. Everything is reduced to top trumps, who gets into who’s team, meaningless stat vs meaningless stat.

Don’t know why I complaining I’ve never paid a penny in subscription for this very reason.
I just watched the exchange. Look, I think Redknapp's a bit of a bimbo (he didn't argue his points well, but I think how he sees our squad strength is more realistic), but the other fella belongs on the Jeremy Kyle Show. But as for the quality of analysis provided by these broadcasters? Yes, it is puerile guff, and I don't usually listen to it.

Its amazing I hate Mourinho I love Bale I'm not going to pretend he's been like this all season and wicked Jose Bassett wouldn't play him. Lol! Anyway I'm always ridiculously happy when we win and start hearing that stupid champions league anthem in my head, its a mirage but its always was the hope that kills you. Klinsmann, Gazza, Sheringham Waddle, Bale won't leave. I'm Spurs like Don Quixotic we tilt at windmills that's what we do. C.O.Y.S!
Don quixotic 😂

who’s he someone who’s overly idealistic

I know it was a typo. Just made me laugh

MW by Son and Bale for Charity

Thanks for posting that - good to know. It’s an absolutely brilliant charity.

Listen guys the only reason I think we should sell son is because I have a footballing IQ of 1000.

Think of the future. Levy can get a lot of money for an extension built onto the THFC yacht for Son.

But honestly. Son has peaked. He needs 10 attempts to score, goes missing and eventually return to the cry baby son era where he couldn't go a game without crying.

I understand I sound like an absolute bellend, I just think this is one of those situations where we can afford to sell a player like son whilst also demand ridiculous money for him
...and buy who with the money... Grealish? We'd have to pay SO much over the odds to get anyone near the same quality as Son, why bother?
I assume you're trying to be funny... otherwise, you lost me at "Listen Guys".... I assume your next line is "don't forget to subscribe and like my FaceTwatInsta page!"

Go back to being happy 'cos you put 'Auba' and 'Laca' in your Fantasy Football team...

...and buy who with the money... Grealish? We'd have to pay SO much over the odds to get anyone near the same quality as Son, why bother?
I assume you're trying to be funny... otherwise, you lost me at "Listen Guys".... I assume your next line is "don't forget to subscribe and like my FaceTwatInsta page!"

Go back to being happy 'cos you put 'Auba' and 'Laca' in your Fantasy Football team...

There's plenty of hidden diamonds out there. Why do we have to buy a ready made player? Son is extremely inconsistent. Son without Kane is the invisible man.

It is slightly tongue in cheek however as a tactical sale, with his contract coming up, I do think selling him for mega bucks in the current climate is the right move, and I don't think it would damage our play. He isn't the one pulling the strings in the Tottenham side. I'd say eriksen was a far bigger loss than it wud be to sell son.

Laugh at me now but come back to me in 12 months time.

Son reminds me of mahrez.and Leicester have improved since selling him. Son is absolute peak. 28 and not getting younger.

Good result against a potentially difficult team. Enjoyed watching it. No individual errors and bale looked great.
Fair play Jose for good tactics line up and personnel.
Burnley weren't at the races though it seemed...far less belligerent than one would expect.
Let's buy Pope to replace Hugo when he inevitably leaves/retires.

Also need to remember it's just one result. It's gotta be consistent

There's plenty of hidden diamonds out there. Why do we have to buy a ready made player? Son is extremely inconsistent. Son without Kane is the invisible man.

It is slightly tongue in cheek however as a tactical sale, with his contract coming up, I do think selling him for mega bucks in the current climate is the right move, and I don't think it would damage our play. He isn't the one pulling the strings in the Tottenham side. I'd say eriksen was a far bigger loss than it wud be to sell son.

Laugh at me now but come back to me in 12 months time.

Son reminds me of mahrez.and Leicester have improved since selling him. Son is absolute peak. 28 and not getting younger.
I'll pop it in the diary!

See you on Feb 28th 2022!!

Joking aside. I think the message it would send out to sell Son this year would be irreparable, and unforgivable... especially seeing as there are at least 6 or 7 squad players we could offload without blinking before even thinking about selling Sonny! (and would no doubt recoup plenty of money for) Have a word with yourself!

I honestly haven’t seem many of Pope’s games. But is he really that much of an upgrade on Lloris? Seems marginal to me and a typical Levy signing ie looking for value rather than brilliance.

Lloris one year left on his contract.

So if he says he doesn't want to sign an extension (wants to try something different such as playing at PSG or in MLS), why put the blame on Levy ?

do you actually believe that?...that your comment "only looks arrogant when its you thats at the butt end of it"? despite all the disagrees and people calling you out on your posts today you think the only reason I deemed you to be arrogant because of a post asking if somebody was that dumb was because its directed at me? wow.

As I said to you previously this appears to be normal conversation to you going by your history of posts. Asking if people are "dumb" amongst other things. It's cool if that's your character but have the decency to own it rather then beat around the bush because you can articulate yourself well.

Your opinion that Bale was"weak" and his performances were "insipid" is just that...an opinion. Other people might not share your OPINION ...other people may look at it as Bale playing with inferior players and not having the proper opportunity to click with Son or Kane. All opinions and nothing factual but due to your arrogance you probably cannot see that.
again
my criticism was your posts and opinions

your criticism is my personality.

Don't confuse my experience of human failings with arrogance. Different things altogether.

Back
Top Bottom