Oliver Skipp

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This kid is the real deal. I'm gonna predict that he'll definitly make it as a PL footballer and it will hopefully be with us.

I think he'll surpass Dier as a DM before long, much more naturally suited to it. He's a bundle of action and energy that hunts down danger. I see a lot of similarities with Kante. He plays like a 20 something yet he's still 17. Got the perfect manager in Poch as well. I think he could be appearing on the subs' bench in PL games this season.
NW1Spur NW1Spur knew! skippy is the real deal! He should be going to the Euros over Rice!

was he genuinely though? apparently they have loads of spurs fans voting for him after every game hahaha

Is that actually true though?

Seems like something cooked up by the social media team to bring some eyeballs to their team as well as pump up some of the other guys.

I know I have seen many posts from Norwich fans on twitter talking about how great Skipp is after games and overall.

It certainly isn't the case where Norwich fans think he sucks and are shocked that he is named MOTM after games.

was he genuinely though? apparently they have loads of spurs fans voting for him after every game hahaha

He and Buendia are a class above pretty much 98% of the Championship.

It was between them two for MOTM (As it usually is every game) but considering Skipps two late blocks and overall brilliant performance, he probably edged it.

Is that actually true though?

Seems like something cooked up by the social media team to bring some eyeballs to their team as well as pump up some of the other guys.

I know I have seen many posts from Norwich fans on twitter talking about how great Skipp is after games and overall.

It certainly isn't the case where Norwich fans think he sucks and are shocked that he is named MOTM after games.
thats what their manager has claimed

There is no question that Spurs fans have 'rigged' the Norwich MOM's ... no way was he there best player last night. Don't get me wrong he played well and made some crucial blocks and tackles which is his main role shielding the defence, but going forward he had a poor night just 76% of passes completed, imagine him in a Spurs shirt losing possession once in every four touches, we'd all be going insane.

That's not his norm at all he averages about 84% (by comparison Hojbjerg is 88%) he just seemed a bit 'off' last night, or to be fair to Brentford they were blocking off passing lanes very well, either way he was no MoM. Buendia was the standout player by a long way, at 24 he's suddenly found some blinding form well worth a closer look.

tenor.gif

I don’t want to shit on one of our players, but why does Skipp doing well for a Championship side equate to being a midfield maestro in the PL?

When I watched him for us he struck me as a tidy footballer, but nervous and safety first, which is understandable. I know we hype our players and want them to do well, but is he as good as everyone’s saying?

You’ve got to pass your audition at Spurs not Norwich. Yeah, yeah I get the Kane argument.

I don’t want to shit on one of our players, but why does Skipp doing well for a Championship side equate to being a midfield maestro in the PL?

When I watched him for us he struck me as a tidy footballer, but nervous and safety first, which is understandable. I know we hype our players and want them to do well, but is he as good as everyone’s saying?

You’ve got to pass your audition at Spurs not Norwich. Yeah, yeah I get the Kane argument.
time will tell its obviously a big step up in quality. but in the clips shown he does look to want to do the ugly side of the game while actually getting on the ball and take risk and do some damage rather than safe options. if you put winks in that side i cant see him doing anything like that for them..so surely hell at least be an upgrade on him

There is no question that Spurs fans have 'rigged' the Norwich MOM's ... no way was he there best player last night. Don't get me wrong he played well and made some crucial blocks and tackles which is his main role shielding the defence, but going forward he had a poor night just 76% of passes completed, imagine him in a Spurs shirt losing possession once in every four touches, we'd all be going insane.

That's not his norm at all he averages about 84% (by comparison Hojbjerg is 88%) he just seemed a bit 'off' last night, or to be fair to Brentford they were blocking off passing lanes very well, either way he was no MoM. Buendia was the standout player by a long way, at 24 he's suddenly found some blinding form well worth a closer look.

Did you watch all of this game?

Back
Top Bottom