Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People will have different answers or not really know but I'm pretty certain that everyone bar you would say that one poxy League Cup in 20 years is a fucking piss-poor return for a club of our stature.
No argument here - said it over and over the on-field performance is nowhere near good enough - we need a DoF and a better team beneath him, that's the change that needs to happen not just swapping around shareholders and CEO's who are fine running the business just shit at running the football side.

Yes I know - it's all about the football - that's why we need that DoF change.

We also need another five year project - like Poch was - not a short term bobby big-balls. I would go for Scott Parker but that would require patience, and I'm pretty sure that's lacking right now.

Maybe even stick with Ryan if he can show something in the next four weeks ... at least he's "one of our own" and that's always been when Spurs have done our best.

Not as bad as when they call us glory supporters. Of all the things to call spurs fans

You need to get real Scott.

We are lucky just to be ahead of Preston North End, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield ,Villa and Newcastle. In a period where we won the FA cup once -between 1882 and 1932 - they managed to win 24 league titles between themselves. Us = 50 years 1 FA CUP!!

We don’t know we are born!!!

Plus we didn’t even qualify for the Europa league once in that time!!! Let alone try and win the thing!!!! 50 years!!!!FFS.

We are clearly punching well above our weight in 2021.

:pocheyes::pocheyes::pocheyes:

He’s repeatedly shit the bed, even he must have some self doubt
I'd hope so. Your average human would. Honourable ones would have walked away especially if they want what's best fir the club. But that's not levy. he has 1 hell of an ego. That's why he is a control freak who sticks his nose in to everything. Thinks he knows better than everyone. & he never takes responsibility for his mistakes.
More likely he is just blaming his failures on others whilst coming up with his next awful idea that costs us badly.

You need to get real Scott.

We are lucky just to be ahead of Preston North End, Sheffield Wednesday, Huddersfield ,Villa and Newcastle. In a period where we won the FA cup once -between 1882 and 1932 - they managed to win 24 league titles between themselves. Us = 50 years 1 FA CUP!!

We don’t know we are born!!!

Plus we didn’t even qualify for the Europa league once in that time!!! Let alone try and win the thing!!!! 50 years!!!!FFS.

We are clearly punching well above our weight in 2021.

:pocheyes::pocheyes::pocheyes:
Ha. So true.
We used to be a non league team man. You don't know what it was like back in 'nam' man. You weren't there.
We are punching just being in the football league. You don't know how great we got it. So self Entitled man. Get real, survival = success. We didn't have our logo on our shirt back then. We do now. Giant steps forward dude. Be greatful for the logo man.

Now we are on the talk of ownership, does anyone remember a very complicated diagram a few years back that showed the corporate structure of Tottenham? I will have a look for it...

Edit: Can't find it, I remember it showing land/assets being owned by various companies. Looking at Companies house I can see about 10 companies associated with Lilywhite house. I am not saying that is a bad thing, it can be sensible, I am just interested.

Last edited:
Now we are on the talk of ownership, does anyone remember a very complicated diagram a few years back that showed the corporate structure of Tottenham? I will have a look for it...

Edit: Can't find it, I remember it showing land/assets being owned by various companies. Looking at Companies house I can see about 10 companies associated with Lilywhite house. I am not saying that is a bad thing, it can be sensible, I am just interested.

The stadium and football club - so transfers etc - have been separated within the “group” main company to be their own entities.

And they own a lot of land around the stadium but not sure how that is all owned.

Was doing some work for a guy who was quite clued up about it all. Think it’s just to make efficient accounting at the end of the day.

But does mean concerts, boxing etc would go through the stadium company rather than the football company. Probably quite handy to do it this way for potential investors as shows the real value of the stadium once it’s up and running.

The stadium and football club - so transfers etc - have been separated within the “group” main company to be their own entities.

And they own a lot of land around the stadium but not sure how that is all owned.

Was doing some work for a guy who was quite clued up about it all. Think it’s just to make efficient accounting at the end of the day.

But does mean concerts, boxing etc would go through the stadium company rather than the football company. Probably quite handy to do it this way for potential investors as shows the real value of the stadium once it’s up and running.
That's interesting.

Is the stadium company owned by Spurs, or is it a completely separate company owned by ENIC?

I guess what I'm really asking is where do the profits from other events go to.

I think thats the difference. People like him would be happy if enic stayed & we won 1 league cup in the next 20 years. Very low expectations. So no wonder they are happy with enic. The bar is so low that really enic can do an awful job & they will support it.
I think it's mainly the younger generation who are most in awe of Daniel Levy....Not exclusively, but as a general trend. There are of course a few exceptions.
They seem to have this small club punching above our weight mindset, overlooking that pre-ENIC we were widely considered one of the BIG 5.
They're never forthcoming with examples of where their line in the sand would be regarding ENIC. As though their isn't one.

I think we just have to accept they'll never change. Levy is a kind of substitute father figure in their lives.
Take him away, and they would struggle to adapt.

Some would probably even seek counselling.

Last edited:
Come on them Now Now Now entitled one, how often do you demand that we should win a trophy?
Well for a club of our size, wealth and stature, I'd say 1 in over 20 years is a pretty pathetic return.
We've entered into 76 compettions under ENIC. And won......1

With 4 to play for most seasons, I think at least 1 every 3or 4 years wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation .

So you tell me. If 1 in 20 years is OK with you, what would you decide is unnacceptable.
1 trophy in 40 years? 50 years?

How low is your benchmark, matey?

The fact that we haven't been as successful in the past as we all expect a club of our size should have been should not be a hindrance to expect more from the club today and its owners. Why are we paying exorbitant prices for tickets if we should just expect to win 1 trophy in 20 yrs. Surely the prices should align with the club performance and lowered expectation on the field so then using that logic we should pay only slightly more than West ham for our tickets.
We pay more so we should expect more.

That's interesting.

Is the stadium company owned by Spurs, or is it a completely separate company owned by ENIC?

I guess what I'm really asking is where do the profits from other events go to.

There is a group structure. The Tottenham Hotspur group so owned by the football club I would say. The profits would go to the group.

There is Tottenham Hotspur Football and Athletic which deals with the football side. They could make a loss and the stadium a profit. Or vice versa. So be interesting to see how much money the stadium makes as a standalone venture.

All ultimately controlled by ENIC of course.

Back
Top Bottom