Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He played well for Sevilla when they won the Europa League. He even destroyed Man United in the SF.
How has he suddenly become so shit? Not a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely confused.
I promise you, our players are all being made to look worse right now because the team isn't balanced and they haven't been coached well in two years. Imagine being Reguilon and all you've had thus far at Spurs is Mourinho and now Ryan Mason in charge (with Dier, Sanchez, or an ageing Alderweireld next to you at CB).

There are useless fuckers than need culling, but there are also individuals who will have a borderline miraculous turnaround if we get the managerial appointment right.

He's only had one full season as a professional first team starter. He's not shit but he's nowhere near as proven or refined as people seem to think.

Sessegnon scored like 30 goals in a season 18 months before we bought him, now the guy panics when approached by league two full backs.

But the issue when young players turn this bad this quickly is that it might very well become their new level. Confidence takes a looong time to rebuild and he is still developing. If he is developing with fear, without confidence, he'll never be what we want him to be.
Depressing but very possibly true. Let's hope you're wrong.

One bit of pushback would be: Sessegnon only succeeded in the Championship. Reguilon was La Liga LB of the season, and was integral in winning the Europa League.

Our recruitment in general has been absolutely shocking in recent years, the only three top class signings we have made in the last 6/7 years are Hugo, Toby and Sonny.All the rest have been bang average.I think you need at least one genuine difference maker, probably two, coming through the doors each season to freshen things up and keep the group competitive.On that metric we should have welcomed 12/14 truly top class players-we managed three.
I haven’t abandoned all hope with Reggie, maybe a new manager (Potter please!!) might unlock some unfulfilled potential.But we seriously need to up our recruitment game (Leicester make us look like mugs in this department) sharpish.

Head is utterly gone and has been for weeks, a sensible manager would take him out of the firing line and let him sort himself out, he is a talent but clearly his confidence is shot away.

We shouldn't in a position that because Ben Davies is injured we have to play this guy as we have no other options.

When he first joined he was motoring down the wing, taking people on, getting quality crosses in, now he slows the play down and treats the ball like a hot potatoe.

Haven't given up on him, he needs an arm around him and too get his confidence back.

I promise you, our players are all being made to look worse right now because the team isn't balanced and they haven't been coached well in two years. Imagine being Reguilon and all you've had thus far at Spurs is Mourinho and now Ryan Mason in charge (with Dier, Sanchez, or an ageing Alderweireld next to you at CB).

There are useless fuckers than need culling, but there are also individuals who will have a borderline miraculous turnaround if we get the managerial appointment right.
I'm not sure Reguilon can blame the CBs too much, because he is making dreadful errors in a variety of situations.
But you're right the manager has one hell of a job to do. So many under confident players right now.

Head is utterly gone and has been for weeks, a sensible manager would take him out of the firing line and let him sort himself out, he is a talent but clearly his confidence is shot away.

We shouldn't in a position that because Ben Davies is injured we have to play this guy as we have no other options.

When he first joined he was motoring down the wing, taking people on, getting quality crosses in, now he slows the play down and treats the ball like a hot potatoe.

Haven't given up on him, he needs an arm around him and too get his confidence back.
It's the little things too. Fingers crossed when next season rolls around his girlfriend and family can come to London all the time and all these things combined may perk him up. The guy spent christmas this year alone, remember.

And yes here's another obligatory pic of said girlfriend.

Our recruitment in general has been absolutely shocking in recent years, the only three top class signings we have made in the last 6/7 years are Hugo, Toby and Sonny.All the rest have been bang average.I think you need at least one genuine difference maker, probably two, coming through the doors each season to freshen things up and keep the group competitive.On that metric we should have welcomed 12/14 truly top class players-we managed three.
I haven’t abandoned all hope with Reggie, maybe a new manager (Potter please!!) might unlock some unfulfilled potential.But we seriously need to up our recruitment game (Leicester make us look like mugs in this department) sharpish.
Mate, we signed Hugo and Dembele days apart nearly nine years ago.

I'm not sure Reguilon can blame the CBs too much, because he is making dreadful errors in a variety of situations.
But you're right the manager has one hell of a job to do. So many under confident players right now.
Yeah, it's as much the guy in front of him and their overlapping cover etc that can make a difference in performance. I honestly feel for him from yesterday because those are fine margins for a morale-breaking disasterclass: 99/100 the own goal doesn't happen and likewise him smashing the ball into a Villa player for an attempted clearance (twice!) doesn't fall perfectly into Watkins' path who is then running against Dier (oof) to score).

Regardless some good coaching will also hopefully hammer out the fuck-ups.

Reguilon may perform better under a good manager who plays a very structured system, I guess we’ll find out next year.

He does have some bad habits at the moment, he commits himself forward too often, chooses to run into traffic even from our own half etc.

The next manager has to restrict his role and make him play in a more disciplined way.

Might have been a but harsh on him last night, certainly OTT. But he really needs to buck his ideas up like the rest of our players. At the moment he's running up and down without any real thought as to what he's actually doing far too often.

Would love to eat out her arsehole.
Would love to eat out her arsehole.
TqII9rD.gif

Yeah, it's as much the guy in front of him and their overlapping cover etc that can make a difference in performance. I honestly feel for him from yesterday because those are fine margins for a morale-breaking disasterclass: 99/100 the own goal doesn't happen and likewise him smashing the ball into a Villa player for an attempted clearance (twice!) doesn't fall perfectly into Watkins' path who is then running against Dier (oof) to score).

Regardless some good coaching will also hopefully hammer out the fuck-ups.
It's true that he was unlucky both mistake led to goals, but on both occasions he should have done far better.
Fingers crossed his confidence recovers for next season. You could tell he was a bit shell shocked.

No Euros for Reggie. Shame for him of course but probably for the best. He gets a full summer to relax and recharge and work with the new boss.

And he is young so there will be more tournaments.

Back
Top Bottom