****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am still out of love with internationals, and will always be. All this bolloocks of southy being knighted or at least OBE or some such thing WHY? all he does is manage a football team for fucks sake, Knighted for that? beggars beliefe.
and southy saying about wartime time spirit its a fucking football game not ww3, talk about going over the top, he was no where near being born even when the war ended, so what would he know about wartime spirit? In fact it would be a pretty fair to say that most people now on this planet were not born even at the end of the war, most not all. No one has ever mentioned about if we loose, and to be very honest I will laugh my head off, if we did because they way people are behaving its being taken as almost a God given right we will win, maybe we will I hope we do but sure as hell wont be the end of the world if we loose, but no doubt it will be for some hardcore england fans.

Yep I find it hard to disagree with that summation..

I agree with you. The fact that we never get any points in the Eurovision Song Contest is only partly due to the fact that our songs are rubbish.
It was amazing that people were moaning about us getting 0 points this year...... I mean did they even listen to how shite the song and performance was.

Far less ego's in the team than in the past, which obviously helps. Southgate has no ego and that has clearly rubbed off on his players.

Plus our captain is the ultimate professional and they all look up to him. He has such an influence on players like Grealish, the one's that had shown immaturity in the past.
Agree with that. I used to be up for the internationals but from the early 2000s I completely lost interest in the national team. The so called golden generation was a squad full of egos more interested in playing up to the media and worried about not getting injured. They were a bunch of failures who constantly failed to deliver as they believed the stupid media hype about them and as for the wags.......

I am still not too bothered about the England team but obviously would love to see us win it tomorrow night, they are a talented squad who believe in their abilities but minus the arrogance. It would be fantastic to see Harry lifting the trophy, an absolute flawless professional who is a brilliant role model for so many youngsters.

Mancini has done a great job putting this Italian team together that plays very watchable attacking football. However England overall have better players and a deeper squad. On the day it's all about bottle and who can perform well enough to win. If our players turn up we can win this comfortably, I'm talking 3 or 4-1

The big question is though, can our boys handle the occasion
Both Italy and England will play to win. I don't foresee comfortable situations for anyone.😉

Both Italy and England will play to win. I don't foresee comfortable situations for anyone.😉
It's going to be very tight isn't it.

I think if Rice, Phillips and Mount can get the better of your midfield with their energy, and if we can get Sterling on the ball in the final 3rd running at the Italian defence England can do it.

Italy have great history of turning it on and getting over the line in these big games. The Spain/Austria games show that you can be got at though.

Last edited:
No

No, because polar bears live in the Arctic and penguins live in the Antarctic.

you're right really, but you have an out whichever way they answer
That reminds me of my pissed up uncle telling my pissed up old man that scientists had found a polar bear in Antarctica and it was killing and eating all the Penguins, apparently the bear had floated from the north to South Pole on an iceberg.

Upon hearing this my dad responded in a deadly serious way ' well I'm not surprised it was eating the Penguins, must have been starving after travelling all that way'

Back
Top Bottom