Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So only Coman and Messi turnover the ball less than Gil after they have completed a successful dribble. The "retention without progression" stats isn't surprising considering the dross he was playing with. I imagine that would increase playing with players like Kane and Son.

Bryan fans may like to know that Spain play Argentina at 12:00 UK time. Once again, he'll start on the bench and probably be brought on in the second half after Spain have huffed and puffed for an hour.

Here's the line up, god knows why they have announced it so early...

16274021363211.jpg

Bryan fans may like to know that Spain play Argentina at 12:00 UK time. Once again, he'll start on the bench and probably be brought on in the second half after Spain have huffed and puffed for an hour.

16274021363211.jpg
I haven't followed the resuts. Are Spain looking like they are advancing in the tournament or not?

0-0 at half time. That would see Spain top the group and play Ivory Coast unless Australia beat Egypt, in which case they play Brazil. Very much like the two previous games, loads of possession but pisspoor in and around the area. Oyarzabal missing easy chances, Olmo MIA. Expect to see young Bryan sooner rather than later. Things have stepped up a gear both times he's come on

0-0 at half time. That would see Spain top the group and play Ivory Coast unless Australia beat Egypt, in which case they play Brazil. Very much like the two previous games, loads of possession but pisspoor in and around the area. Oyarzabal missing easy chances, Olmo MIA. Expect to see young Bryan sooner rather than later. Things have stepped up a gear both times he's come on
Spain 1-0 up. Bryan not on. He's not going to be at Hotspur Way any time soon.

How is a dribble "successful" if possession is turned over. How many of Comans shots after a dribble end in a goal compared to Gil's. This is a lot of work to tell us pretty much nothing.
I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure "possession turnovers" include crosses that do not find their man. If a player makes a dribble into space and puts in a cross that doesn't find a man, that would be counted as a "possession turnover" even though it's really just a cross into the box.

It's also why if you look at premier league stats for individuals who "lose possession" the most it's fullbacks a lot of the time because they are usually heavy crossers.

16274021363211.jpg
MacAllister- lovely Argentinian name!

Are Seville skint ? Why did they sell “ one of Spain’s brightest young talents” ?
The answer is for various reasons.

Sevilla aren't skint but operate on a tight budget. There's some rule in La Liga this summer that clubs have to "balance the books" in terms of transfer deals - i.e. they can't spend more than they bring in*. Lopetegui wants to bring in certain players and therefore has to sell. The sale of Gil was more or less forced on him, BG didn't want to sign a new contract, with a much higher buy-out clause, so he didn't really have any alternative

Lopetegui likes playing with inverted wingers and overlapping full backs, so I'm guessing Gil was either told or he worked out that his game time was going to be limited (certainly on the left). We did very well to come up with a deal that suits all four parties and get in before the others that were sniffing about.

*I'm not sure about the details of this but Marca keep referring to it. I'll try to find out how it works, whether wages are factored in and so on

The answer is for various reasons.

Sevilla aren't skint but operate on a tight budget. There's some rule in La Liga this summer that clubs have to "balance the books" in terms of transfer deals - i.e. they can't spend more than they bring in*. Lopetegui wants to bring in certain players and therefore has to sell. The sale of Gil was more or less forced on him, BG didn't want to sign a new contract, with a much higher buy-out clause, so he didn't really have any alternative

Lopetegui likes playing with inverted wingers and overlapping full backs, so I'm guessing Gil was either told or he worked out that his game time was going to be limited (certainly on the left). We did very well to come up with a deal that suits all four parties and get in before the others that were sniffing about.

*I'm not sure about the details of this but Marca keep referring to it. I'll try to find out how it works, whether wages are factored in and so on
So it’s basically FFP ?

It's a shame we're not better at free-kicks then because he could be winning a few of them.

From what i see, i like him a lot but he's going to need time to adjust to the physicality of the Premier League.
Can he take free kicks as well as winning them? We really have missed a decent free kick taker since Eriksen lost his touch.

Back
Top Bottom