MK Dons v Spurs - Wednesday 28 July 2021, 19.45

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A few thoughts :

Whiteman looked very solid. Some good saves.
Tanganga very good at the back. Carter-Vickers good at ariels but erratic in other things . Hopefully he's being played to put him in the shop window. So many clubs are interested in him apparently.
Reguilon decent. Doherty pretty awful tbh , not sure we're gonna get anything good out of him.
Skipp a bit off the pace 1st half much better 2nd. John decent. Dele hit and miss. Some good spells some poor spells.
Bergwijn excellent 1st half poor 2nd half. Son/Lucas consistently good.

The subs didn't really make a difference. Game kinda goes once you make all those subs.
Only worry for me was the 2nd half we seemed to sit off a bit and were only creating chances through their mistakes or some good pressing/counter attacks. Bit too similar to what we saw a lot last season hopefully we get that attacking football.

Nile John is the one that springs immediately to mind. He needs a loan to a good championship side.
MK Dons are a League One club and he was struggling. I can't see a good Championship side being interested.
MK Dons would be a good place for him to play if he goes out on loan, they want to keep the ball on the floor.

What conclusions to be made from this game?
Our "bad" players are not that bad after all and our kids are pretty promising.
Whiteman is a good shot stopper and Skippy looks ready. Ish.

He's 18 yo and this is 3rd game against men. He's done OK.
He didn’t offer much tonight.. just a passenger …. I know he’s fresh out the youth but was hoping for a bit more

I rate skipp but he was only ok tonight in my book … the 8 for the dons sold him cheaply a few too many times for my liking

dele for the first half hour was excellent then faded

bergwijn technically really decent just needs to offer more threat … standard

reggie was loose as fuck.

bout it really

Last edited:
Only problem is the other 4 (Reg and Lloris make 7 starters)

2 more preseason games to go, with a few more first team players back ......... and indeed for some of the youngsters to make a call on whether they should get a place on the bench or even in the starting X1 in the first couple of games.

On the youth front, Nile John has looked pretty decent (although maybe quieter tonight) and Patsoki has really impressed - has come on a lot after playing for the Estonian National Team. Both pretty young, so its going to be decision time for Nuno !

He didn’t offer much tonight.. just a passenger …. I know he’s fresh out the youth but was hoping for a bit more
IMO he made a couple of good contributions to play and was certainly not mugged off by more experienced players. He's 18. He's learning.
He's not going into our 1st team but let's see what Nuno has planned for him.

2 more preseason games to go, with a few more first team players back ......... and indeed for some of the youngsters to make a call on whether they should get a place on the bench or even in the starting X1 in the first couple of games.

On the youth front, Nile John has looked pretty decent (although maybe quieter tonight) and Patsoki has really impressed - has come on a lot after playing for the Estonian National Team. Both pretty young, so its going to be decision time for Nuno !
Fight!!!
Not seeing it with Paskotski at the moment.
He's swift for a guy his size but defensively I think he has not been good in these friendlies.

Back
Top Bottom