Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur - 'The Mind Series' - 19.45 Wednesday 4 August

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kante carries that Chelsea side like he did Leicester.
More than Kane carries Spurs or Van Dijk carries Liverpool imo.

Can't agree with that. Like I said, Kante is vital to them but they have enough world-class players in every position to be fine without him. Saying they would struggle to make the top 6 without him is mental, in my opinion.

What drugs are you on?

While Kante is an important player for them they had world-class players not even on their bench tonight.
Kante makes them sooooo much better. Without him they lose that air of total dominance imo.

It's unfair the rest of the league have to play against him tbh. Unreal player.

Made Dele look like a little kid out there.

Guys, do you think that Nuno will rotate the GK? Imagine- Hugo for Premier League, Gollini for Conference League and one for each of both cups.

I´m saying this because Gollini deserve more than Carabao Cup. He was the number one from Atalanta

Wouldn't say that 1st half where we had 39% possession and 1 shot all half.

Got better but honestly hard to read into this game for 2 reasons

- We only got better when CHELSEA changed their whole team
- That XI we played isn't the one we want to be playing when we starting playing in the PL
Mourinho is just about himself. Hes living on reputation now. Soundbites are wearing thin. Most boring football we played under him.

Sissoko didn’t play a single minute, long may it continue.

Guys, do you think that Nuno will rotate the GK? Imagine- Hugo for Premier League, Gollini for Conference League and one for each of both cups.

I´m saying this because Gollini deserve more than Carabao Cup. He was the number one from Atalanta

I think so yeah. That’s what Poch used to do. I think Lloris played about 2 FA Cup matches in 5 years before Mou turned up.

Kante makes them sooooo much better. Without him they lose that air of total dominance imo.

It's unfair the rest of the league have to play against him tbh. Unreal player.

Made Dele look like a little kid out there.

I'm not saying he doesn't. He's the best in his position. But I'm sure Chelsea would go along just fine with a midfield of Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount.

For those that didn't watch. My take for what its worth.

New keeper looked decent, made a few solid saves, nothing spectacular but solid start.

Skipp grew into the game, maybe coincided with the likes of Kante coming off, but there is a real player in there.

Moura was sharp

Bergwijn was a mixed bag, some nice moments but also still runs into blind alleys and loses the ball too easily.

Son's touch was a bit off

Dele a few nice things but still not enough to convince me.

The back 4 was largely shit and is a big problem going into the season.

Season 9 Smh GIF by The Office

For those that didn't watch. My take for what its worth.

New keeper looked decent, made a few solid saves, nothing spectacular but solid start.

Skipp grew into the game, maybe coincided with the likes of Kante coming off, but there is a real player in there.

Moura was sharp

Bergwijn was a mixed bag, some nice moments but also still runs into blind alleys and loses the ball too easily.

Son's touch was a bit off

Dele a few nice things but still not enough to convince me.

The back 4 was largely shit and is a big problem going into the season.
How was still haven't address this issue is beyond me. Like... how the hell have we not splashed money on our back line? Christ.

Back
Top Bottom