Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur - 'The Mind Series' - 19.45 Wednesday 4 August

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chilwell is. There's only Robertson and Shaw in the country you could argue are better than him. And even if they are it's by no great distance. Rudiger is, on his form sine Tuchel joined. Azpilacueta has been. Pulisic and Mount have the potential to be. Ziyech at his best certainly isn't a million miles away. They have a world-class squad.
Chilwell is NOT world class. Rudiger is NOT world class. Azpilacueta has never been world class. Pulisic will never be world class.

You're confusing good to very good with world class, imo.

World class should not be bandied about so wantonly.

world class clearly doesnt mean world class in your book then! if they have world class players in every position how many players in the world are world class? that term is meant to have value

Well I'll re-phrase it and say they have a world-class squad, Second to only Manchester City perhaps. And if they sign Lukaku then they'll obviously be that little bit stronger still.

world class clearly doesnt mean world class in your book then! if they have world class players in every position how many players in the world are world class? that term is meant to have value
If they can find a goal scorer they will be very close to winning the league.
Barkley...Bakayoko...Loftus Cheek...Batshyuai...Abraham...sell them and just about pays for Lukaku.

Chilwell is NOT world class. Rudiger is NOT world class. Azpilacueta has never been world class. Pulisic will never be world class.

You're confusing good to very good with world class, imo.

World class should not be bandied about so wantonly.

Everybody see's world-class differently. There are some who think nobody is world-class outside of Ronaldo and Messi. There are others, even Spurs fans here, who argue that Kane isn't world-class...

Not that the score should matter, it's hard not to disguise that no one wants to lose against these fucks, it will be the same when we play the scum (and why these derbies should never be played as pre-season games). So, yeah fucking delighted we didn't lose.

Secondly, that fucking cunt Clive Walker on co-comms gut him!

Should have had a pen, Son should have scored and Davies too!

Chavs were the better side by some distance in the first half, without really having that many great opportunities.

To focus on that first half for a moment, I didn't like our 4-3-3, what I thought was wrong and played into Chavs hads perfectly was Nuno played his number 8's (Dele & Skipp) very, very wide. I get the idea here, it requires one of Bergwijn, Son or Lucas to drop in pick the ball up, turn and run or play through the lines to one of the now overlapping 8's. The problem is we couldn't do this, example is where this failed was their first goal, Lucas was one of the front 3 to drop in but he lost the ball, Chavs are lethal in transition and with our 8's so wide we have NO MIDFIELD.

Also in the first half, I felt Son, Bergwjin and Lucas lost most of their 1v1's, a 4-3-3 requires the front 3 to go 1v1.

I've not read any comments but I bet some on here were suckered into Clive Walkers trolling on Dele! He had no idea that he was playing as an 8. He had no idea that no player on the pitch turned over the ball more (both in 1st half and 2nd), yet Kante put in two tackles and he made him out as God!

I was really, really pleased with Gollini, positionally looked good, made a couple of good saves, looked good with his feet, made a lovely one touch pass out to Winks in 2nd half.

Dougherty = Dogshit. Aurier did more in his 10mins than Doherty did in his 80min, just like Tripps the only successful pass he makes is backwards to our CB's, nothing forwards, can't take on his man. Shite.

Reggie, great energy as we so often get from him but he was poor.

Dier - Very good game. Good and constant communication with those around him. Positionally great especially as Reggie was so poor (and PEH miles and miles off the pace in 1st half - PEH didn't close down his man for their 1st goal)

Tanganga - Thought he looked out of his depth-first half, he's a battler who never gives up just not ready yet IMO. Much improved 2nd half once have made their changes.

PEH - Just miles off the pace, which exasperated our non-existant midfield with our wide 8's. Not having a opo as he only got back a couple of days ago.

Dele - As mentioned above won more tackles and made more interceptions than anyone on the pitch. I think he's looking fit, he's able to play this deeper role and join attacks. Nothing much on show creatively but that's more down to Chavs being better and our tactics not really helping.

Skipp - Poor first half, unlike Dele lost his battles. Improved 2nd half

Winks - Actually played well. He controlled the tempo and enabled us to get on the ball. I would have preferred him to have started, I doubt he would have been able to do this with Chavs pressing (would like to have seen if he could. We would have learned more if that happened and might have helped PEH settle back in).

FWIW - We played much much better than Woolwich did when they played them at the weekend. Unfortunately, Chavs are miles ahead of us right now, no point losing your shit because the performance wasn't great against a team that I think will push City all the way this year. Just pleased we didn't lose and we didn't sit on the edge of our box for 90mins, right now I'll take it.
"Seventies Chelsea winger and League Cup Final penalty-misser slaphead Clive Walker was once charged with having exposed himself to a pair of pre-pubescent schoolgirls. This he refuted, saying that it was Graham Rix and not him, honest."
10 things you never knew about Chelsea FC

Not that the score should matter, it's hard not to disguise that no one wants to lose against these fucks, it will be the same when we play the scum (and why these derbies should never be played as pre-season games). So, yeah fucking delighted we didn't lose.

Secondly, that fucking cunt Clive Walker on co-comms gut him!

Should have had a pen, Son should have scored and Davies too!

Chavs were the better side by some distance in the first half, without really having that many great opportunities.

To focus on that first half for a moment, I didn't like our 4-3-3, what I thought was wrong and played into Chavs hads perfectly was Nuno played his number 8's (Dele & Skipp) very, very wide. I get the idea here, it requires one of Bergwijn, Son or Lucas to drop in pick the ball up, turn and run or play through the lines to one of the now overlapping 8's. The problem is we couldn't do this, example is where this failed was their first goal, Lucas was one of the front 3 to drop in but he lost the ball, Chavs are lethal in transition and with our 8's so wide we have NO MIDFIELD.

Also in the first half, I felt Son, Bergwjin and Lucas lost most of their 1v1's, a 4-3-3 requires the front 3 to go 1v1.

I've not read any comments but I bet some on here were suckered into Clive Walkers trolling on Dele! He had no idea that he was playing as an 8. He had no idea that no player on the pitch turned over the ball more (both in 1st half and 2nd), yet Kante put in two tackles and he made him out as God!

I was really, really pleased with Gollini, positionally looked good, made a couple of good saves, looked good with his feet, made a lovely one touch pass out to Winks in 2nd half.

Dougherty = Dogshit. Aurier did more in his 10mins than Doherty did in his 80min, just like Tripps the only successful pass he makes is backwards to our CB's, nothing forwards, can't take on his man. Shite.

Reggie, great energy as we so often get from him but he was poor.

Dier - Very good game. Good and constant communication with those around him. Positionally great especially as Reggie was so poor (and PEH miles and miles off the pace in 1st half - PEH didn't close down his man for their 1st goal)

Tanganga - Thought he looked out of his depth-first half, he's a battler who never gives up just not ready yet IMO. Much improved 2nd half once have made their changes.

PEH - Just miles off the pace, which exasperated our non-existant midfield with our wide 8's. Not having a opo as he only got back a couple of days ago.

Dele - As mentioned above won more tackles and made more interceptions than anyone on the pitch. I think he's looking fit, he's able to play this deeper role and join attacks. Nothing much on show creatively but that's more down to Chavs being better and our tactics not really helping.

Skipp - Poor first half, unlike Dele lost his battles. Improved 2nd half

Winks - Actually played well. He controlled the tempo and enabled us to get on the ball. I would have preferred him to have started, I doubt he would have been able to do this with Chavs pressing (would like to have seen if he could. We would have learned more if that happened and might have helped PEH settle back in).

FWIW - We played much much better than Woolwich did when they played them at the weekend. Unfortunately, Chavs are miles ahead of us right now, no point losing your shit because the performance wasn't great against a team that I think will push City all the way this year. Just pleased we didn't lose and we didn't sit on the edge of our box for 90mins, right now I'll take it.

TLDR

Barkley...Bakayoko...Loftus Cheek...Batshyuai...Abraham...sell them and just about pays for Lukaku.
£200 million for Kane?

Chilwell is. There's only Robertson and Shaw in the country you could argue are better than him. And even if they are it's by no great distance. Rudiger is, on his form since Tuchel joined. Azpilacueta has been. Pulisic and Mount have the potential to be. Ziyech at his best certainly isn't a million miles away. They have a world-class squad.

They have great depth and have been managed excellently since TT took over; but most of your evaluation above and previous post is way OTT.....

Eg Chillwell being the 3rd best in this country makes him WC????? .....What exactly is your definition of WC? :pochshock2:

cant see them getting near city even without grealish and kane to be honest.

take kante out and they struggle big time imo

Everybody see's world-class differently. There are some who think nobody is world-class outside of Ronaldo and Messi. There are others, even Spurs fans here, who argue that Kane isn't world-class...
surely you cant be called world class if you wouldnt even be considered for a world squad??

They have great depth and have been managed excellently since TT took over; but most of your evaluation above and previous post is way OTT.....

Eg Chillwell being the 3rd best in this country makes him WC????? .....What exactly is your definition of WC? :pochshock2:

Personally I think Chilwell is in the top 5 left-backs around, so to me, that makes him world-class. If people want to say he's a level below that I'm perfectly fine with that. You won't find many if any United fans who say that Luke Shaw isn't world-class, or Liverpool fan's that say Andrew Robertson isn't world-class. And he's on that sort of level.

surely you cant be called world class if you wouldnt even be considered for a world squad??

Well I obviously use the term much more loosely than some. Like I said, it's open to interpretation. There are some people who probably wouldn't name more than 10 world-class players in world football.

"Seventies Chelsea winger and League Cup Final penalty-misser slaphead Clive Walker was once charged with having exposed himself to a pair of pre-pubescent schoolgirls. This he refuted, saying that it was Graham Rix and not him, honest."
10 things you never knew about Chelsea FC
Honestly mate, even Chav fans thought he was over the top!!

I fully expect heavily bias coms whilst these games are shown on their platform but fucking hell that was purgatory listening to him, the absolute best bit was, of course, his back peddling when we equalized.

I've always hated him ever since I was a kid as I used to go to more Chav games than Spurs back then as my best mates entire family were season ticket holders (actually liked Bonetti though).

Back
Top Bottom