Hugo Lloris

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They are all individually listed with dates etc so unless they are making them up I reckon you are wrong

“It’s unreal. I’m just a social worker. I do this Transfermarkt work for fun and the football industry is worth millions. The contrast is insane.”

“Clubs shouldn’t make transfer decisions based on the figures on our website,” he told Follow the Money. “Our method is not scientific.” Says the owner.

“It’s unreal. I’m just a social worker. I do this Transfermarkt work for fun and the football industry is worth millions. The contrast is insane.”

“Clubs shouldn’t make transfer decisions based on the figures on our website,” he told Follow the Money. “Our method is not scientific.” Says the owner.
Not disputing the quotes but as I said they are all listed and dated so unless they added in extra for fun your figures don’t appear right

Not sure to be fair. I seem to remember him saving a couple from Hoddle when he was younger. But I certainly think the England manager fucked up in World Cup 1990. Surely Robson should have known who was his best bet at saving penalties. Shilton had played quite well in the tournament in open play relying on his experience to read the game well but his reactions were not what they were and he got nowhere near any of the German penalties despite going the right way for all of them. I remember thinking at the time that we should have brought on Chris Woods for penalties who was 10 years younger than 40 year old Shilton. It would have been a brave decision by Robson but I seem to remember a Dutch manager doing the very same thing a few years ago and it paid off.
I remember all that.
Shilton only went the right way because he waited to see where they would put it first.
You can't do that with penalties and expect to save many. You have to make your mind up and go for it.

Transfermarkt shouldn't be taken as gospel, but it's a pretty great resource that is unique in terms of what it's providing.

To be able to have a rough-and-ready guesstimate of player values at individual, club, and league levels is great information to make reference to.

Hugo signed a 6 year contract in 2016 that expires at the end of this season. It must be odds on that we can extend for another year so I will be surprised if THFC offer him a new one.

Hugo signed a 6 year contract in 2016 that expires at the end of this season. It must be odds on that we can extend for another year so I will be surprised if THFC offer him a new one.
Reckon he will walk away at the end of the season.

He'll be 35 at the end of this season.

Extending his contract now by a couple.of years and then trying to sell him makes no sense.

I could see him extending his deal for another year or two depending on how his role evolves (and how he feels about a reduced role), but it won't be with a view to a sale.

Back
Top Bottom