Ilaix Moriba

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's entirely possible that what is being played out is Spurs (Chavs too from previous interest) are being brought into the mix as a way to get the fizzy drinks mob to increase their bid of €8m to €12/€15????

Go Away Leave GIF by Martin

Never seen him play, Z. Hope he's better for us than the last Barca youth.

Not totally sold from the vids, not quick enough looking for my desires, but Vs most of the options in his package range, and the date, why not, kinda deal. Everything is a circus nowadays, so his Dad and agent situation don't much bother me Vis Levy (he can load up an appearance and win contract to get his family sniffing obscene wealth, as they clearly wish).

Perceive he will be rotation with Dele, the way it's shaping, should he sign (looked a risky 6 the way he appears to play).

Would like a CB of his talent category a lot more, then RB. But beggars...

We have to remember that Barcelona and their fans absolutely HATE Moriba.

So take any info from Barca journalists with a pinch of salt.

Regardless, if they're trying to negotiate 8-10M a year with Levy, they will get laughed out of the room.
Do they hate them because most of Spanish mainstream media is racist? Or is there another reason?

So I went through that Athletic article, and the reason it gave for him staying one more year was this:
Whether this summer or next, he looks almost certain to leave La Liga. Germany’s RB Leipzig have reportedly had an €8 million offer turned down, and other interested clubs are also well aware Barcelona’s negotiating position over a transfer fee this summer is not strong. He and his agents also know that if they wait 12 months, they will have even more options for a free-agent move when the market will have recovered more from the financial ravages of the pandemic.
The issue seems to be that he's already on really high wages for a youth player, and he expects to be in the first team (and to have a new contract that reflects that). This would likely be an issue for Spurs as well, unless he's going to become a first team player right now.

I didn't see anything about a special deal with Leipzig that would get agents more money. He would have way more options to go anywhere if the market recovers and he's a free transfer though.

Back
Top Bottom