Palace v Spurs 11th Sept 12:30 - Selhurst Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It entirely dependant on the role the player is being asked to play in the team. For example, I would rather play Dier at CB than Messi.

If we take Nuno's 3st 1 games as an example, we are playing a midfield 3 of PEH - SKIPP - DELE

Dele is playing box to box and covering the left of midfield. Full licence to press forward when we have the ball.

PEH and Skipp have less free licence to push forward. Skipp is focused around the center of the pitch, playing as 'rat catcher' - chasing down players and nipping at their heels. Whereas PEH drops deeper to block shots and help out the center backs.

If Ndombele plays he isn't going to be chasing balls, he wants PEH and another defensive midfielder to do this for him - and with no GLC/Skipp, Winks is our only clear option in this area.
Winksy? Winksy is that you?

It entirely dependant on the role the player is being asked to play in the team. For example, I would rather play Dier at CB than Messi.

If we take Nuno's 3st 1 games as an example, we are playing a midfield 3 of PEH - SKIPP - DELE

Dele is playing box to box and covering the left of midfield. Full licence to press forward when we have the ball.

PEH and Skipp have less free licence to push forward. Skipp is focused around the center of the pitch, playing as 'rat catcher' - chasing down players and nipping at their heels. Whereas PEH drops deeper to block shots and help out the center backs.

If Ndombele plays he isn't going to be chasing balls, he wants PEH and another defensive midfielder to do this for him - and with no GLC/Skipp, Winks is our only clear option in this area.
Winks is appalling at tracking runners, one of the worst parts of his game. Could see an argument for moving PEH to the base and ANother to the right of the 3 but if we play Wanks there will be raped and have no control of the game.

Tanganga at right back I should think.
I don't think they will give the new guy Zaha as his first assignment when he has never even met most of the first team let alone trained with them.

'Dier in the hole'

explode danny devito GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

/ back 3 - Tanganga , Dier, Rodon

Palace seem to be banking on Benteke turning into what he looked like becoming at Villa.

With them having a bit of pace out wide I guess our narrow defence means we will mainly have to deal with crosses. The Palace midfield looks like it is mostly a defensive block rather than creating much.

So so far if all those who are doubts aren't available. Then we have available for this game

Lloris
Gollini
Emerson
Doherty
Tanganga
Rodon
Dier
Reguilon
Davies
Hojbjerg
Winks
Ndombele
Dele
Gil
Lucas
Kane

16 senior players . I know quite a few could be out but still the depth is unacceptable. This is why I harped on about signing more attackers in the window. Had we replaced Bale and/or Vinicius then perhaps this situation would've not looked so bad.

I know quite a few could be out but still the depth is unacceptable. This is why I harped on about signing more attackers in the window. Had we replaced Bale and/or Vinicius then perhaps this situation would've not looked so bad.
Agreed and completely inexcusable by the bald cunt and his new lap dog - massive ENIC fuckup

Was only a matter of time injuries appeared. Some of these players have barely had a rest over the summer and now back at it again with intense football and going from one training type to another between international and clubs.

Cb is going to be tricky and I think we might have to go with Dier and Tanganga, with Doherty RB. Emerson it's probably too soon for.

Hjolberg, Dele and Winks probably be the starting CMs and Lucas, Gil, Kane.

I'm interested to see how Tanganga does at CB as its his more natural position, can Winks show the same type of urgency he showed against Paco and can Gil do the same.

I think between Kane, Dele, Gil and Lucas we have goals and enough of a threat in each attacking position to get the job done.

I can't believe we're not even 4 games into the season about to play a must-win match and we're piecing together a starting 11 from scraps and filling out our bench with youth players. This is pathetic

Back
Top Bottom