Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this little twat ever kicks another ball for Spurs somebody wants firing.

Dump him from the squad immediately, cancel his contract and let him and his agent find another club ASAP. The Championship is where he belongs. He'll never be a PL midfielder in a million years.

I reckon it would be much the same. Injuries, played out of position, bossed Real Madrid 4 years ago etc. Although I can't see anybody defending Dele or Winks anymore.
He most certainly did not boss Real Madrid.

That is one of the most laughably stupid myths i've ever heard about any footballer. He had a game where he did the absolute basic minimum you would expect from a midfielder at this level. It stands out because since then he hasn't even managed that much.

That is one of the most laughably stupid myths i've ever heard about any footballer. He had a game where he did the absolute basic minimum you would expect from a midfielder at this level. It stands out because since then he hasn't even managed that much.
There was a time when Winks fairly regularly showed a passing range, ability to tackle, and reading of the game that have totally disappeared.

He’s just like Dele, his positive attributes just vanished

Or maybe Skipp stole them in some sort of occult ritual, though he’s a spikier player than Winks ever was.

Which game is he supposed to have bossed? The home or the away one?

You know Dele and Winks are a big problem because the pundits are now talking about them. After the game tonight they were panned for their performances and lack of desire. These guys have had every excuse bestowed upon them by the media for years. But the glitter has finally washed off, now theres just a couple of turds left for all to see

Last edited:
Hopefully he'll be gone in January.

That he seemingly doesn't understand what he is doing wrong is so sad. Hugo was 100% right to call out players for not taking their opportunities in the smaller competitions last season. These players aren't above playing Conference League football, Hugo isn't either and if Hugo was called to play a game he would do it to the best of his ability.

Guys like Winks and Dele need to listen to their world cup and Nations League winning captain or look for new clubs.

There was a time when Winks fairly regularly showed a passing range, ability to tackle, and reading of the game that have totally disappeared.

He’s just like Dele, his positive attributes just vanished

Or maybe Skipp stole them in some sort of occult ritual, though he’s a spikier player than Winks ever was.

Big injuries have ruined Dele and Winks along with the departure of Eriksen and Dembele. With exceptional players around them it’s easier to mediocre players to play well. When the players around them are also mediocre, their true level is revealed.

Dele has lost the acceleration and power that he used to have after those huge hamstring injuries he had. He can’t run past people anymore, can’t get the ball out of his feet quickly and can’t hit the ball with power. In his first 3 years he used to regularly blast the ball on target from long range, he never does it now. He can’t. Without the spaces he could find due to Dembele and Eriksen attracting defenders he can’t do anything.

Winks was never the same after he fucked his ankle that time he went over the hoardings a few years ago. As with Dele, when Wanyama and Dembele left and more and more responsibility was assigned to a fragile Winks, he has shown that he is not good enough as an individual player. He doesn’t have any qualities.

That he seemingly doesn't understand what he is doing wrong is so sad.
Absolutely this. When was the last time he played well in a premier league game? I know he hasn't had much a of a run in recent months, but that's because when he did have a run in the side, and a long run at that, he was consistently terrible. If he was any sort of man he'd be saying that he wants to work harder, get better and force his way back into the 1st team. Instead he's using not playing in the 1st team as an excuse for not playing well in the lesser competitions - but if he was good enough he wouldn't have been dropped from the 1st team in the first place! How can he possibly not see that?

Everything he says smacks to me of the arrogance of a young lad who is nowhere near as good a player as he seems to think he is. I've always had a lot of time for him, defended him against the pathetic posters on here who don't realise how childish it is to call him stupid names etc, but with his comments he really doesn't help himself.

Last edited:

That he seemingly doesn't understand what he is doing wrong is so sad. Hugo was 100% right to call out players for not taking their opportunities in the smaller competitions last season. These players aren't above playing Conference League football, Hugo isn't either and if Hugo was called to play a game he would do it to the best of his ability.

Guys like Winks and Dele need to listen to their world cup and Nations League winning captain or look for new clubs.

I agree with the rest of this post, but "Sad" is not the word I'd use....

Fucking infuriating more like.... Not that he's the only one.....

Spoiled, delusional little darlings.... You EARN your run in the first team or you keep plugging away until you do..... If it wasn't for the advent of this shitty ECL competition that they can't be fucked with, these players wouldn't even have these opportunities to prove themselves this season; so if they can't embrace it GTFO.

Besides.... Playing every Thursday still amounts to 1 game per week.... Start playing twice a week and the "must not overplay the players" narrative surfaces.

Tired of this bollocks.

Pull ya fucking finger out.... The lot of 'em.

Last edited:
Absolutely this. When was the last time he played well in a premier league game? I know he hasn't had much a of a run in recent months, but that's because when he did have a run in the side, and a long run at that, he was consistently terrible. If he was any sort of man he'd be saying that he wants to work harder, get better and force his way back into the 1st team. Instead he's using not playing in the 1st team as an excuse for not playing well in the lesser competitions - but if he was good enough he wouldn't have been dropped from the 1st team in the first place! How can he possibly not see that?

Everything he says smacks to me of the arrogance of a young lad who is nowhere near as good a player as he seems to think he is. I've always had a lot of time for him, defended him against the pathetic posters on ere who don't realise how childish it is to call him stupid names etc, but with his comments he really doesn't help himself.
He was actually decent for the hour he was on the pitch against Palace.

Everything he says smacks to me of the arrogance of a young lad who is nowhere near as good a player as he seems to think he is. I've always had a lot of time for him, defended him against the pathetic posters on ere who don't realise how childish it is to call him stupid names etc, but with his comments he really doesn't help himself.
He needs to at least go out on a loan. Get that game time that he thinks that he deserves and prove himself.

But I am deeply worried by him not looking at playing in the Conference and cups as a way to prove himself but seemingly as a form of punishment. I said it in the game thread, but if you do not play like you care in the Conference, why should you play in the CL? That's not a winning mentality.

He needs to at least go out on a loan. Get that game time that he thinks that he deserves and prove himself.

But I am deeply worried by him not looking at playing in the Conference and cups as a way to prove himself but seemingly as a form of punishment. I said it in the game thread, but if you do not play like you care in the Conference, why should you play in the CL? That's not a winning mentality.
Read the article, that's not what he said.

Back
Top Bottom