Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He hardly avoided the ball when the only player who had more touches was GLC.
Must have been touching it when I wasn’t watching, then - even worse performance. I normally look out for Winks’ work as I really want it to work out for him. However, I don’t recall him doing anything of note in the second half (though I’m sure he did before you post some stats) and aside from the big punt forward that Stevie B couldn’t catch and a little sideways dribble near their corner flag at the end…

Well, he certainly wasn’t controlling the game or even appearing to try to. Even if he’d had just done that fake tiki-taka to-me-to-you with Dele or GLC, we would have slowed the pace, stopped giving up the ball for no reason and wouldn’t have lost. (We wouldn’t have scored, either but…)

Anyway, pretty poor performance, whatever way you look at it.

There was a moment he got away from their player and moved quite quick and then ..gives it away so easily. Just when I felt cmon winks...always disappoints. He needs to gym more and eat more. Falls over so easily with the slightest push. At this rate i feel worried for him that he wont be able to have any sort of decent career after we get rid of him.

Must have been touching it when I wasn’t watching, then - even worse performance. I normally look out for Winks’ work as I really want it to work out for him. However, I don’t recall him doing anything of note in the second half (though I’m sure he did before you post some stats) and aside from the big punt forward that Stevie B couldn’t catch and a little sideways dribble near their corner flag at the end…

Well, he certainly wasn’t controlling the game or even appearing to try to. Even if he’d had just done that fake tiki-taka to-me-to-you with Dele or GLC, we would have slowed the pace, stopped giving up the ball for no reason and wouldn’t have lost. (We wouldn’t have scored, either but…)

It doesn't matter how many touches he has, it's been shown repeatedly the majority of them are inconsequential, sideways passes, backwards or to the nearest team-mate. He wants to avoid keeping the ball or doing anything constructive with it.

He's a fucking footballing coward, he takes no responsibility for anything offensive or defensive. He's gutless and players like him need to be weeded out immediately or you end up with shit-shows like tonight.

He can have 500 touches a game if they all go back or sideways 10 yards it means fuck all.

He didn't have a good game, but then who did? Only the centre halves lost possession less and his passing % was still the highest in the side if not on the pitch.

If we lose, he gets thrown under the bus either way tbh...current whipping boy by a long shot.

Skipp has ended his career here I think as it doesn't look like he's being given a chance with any better players around him by Nuno.

Maybe he's waiting for Poch to come back like some of the forum want. Offers weren't high enough for Daniel when enquiries were made by a couple of clubs if reports are right....£40m he wanted.

Don’t know what his wages are - what would be an acceptable price? Would we take £10m? £5m to get him off the books (assuming we can bring in / through another HG)…hopefully Levy will realise that Winks needs to go for a post-COVID price. He doesn’t really seem to fit in any more.

He didn't have a good game, but then who did? Only the centre halves lost possession less and his passing % was still the highest in the side if not on the pitch.

If we lose, he gets thrown under the bus either way tbh...current whipping boy by a long shot.

Skipp has ended his career here I think as it doesn't look like he's being given a chance with any better players around him by Nuno.

Maybe he's waiting for Poch to come back like some of the forum want. Offers weren't high enough for Daniel when enquiries were made by a couple of clubs if reports are right....£40m he wanted.
I get what you’re saying, but he doesn’t really seem to do a lot any more - even the diddy metronome passes are gone. Probably massively devoid of confidence - best that he moves elsewhere (or some genius coach comes in or an amazing MF partner who strengthens his strengths and reduces his flaws).

Losing possession less than others in the team on an awful night is hardly the best stat to be proud of…that’s like me crashing my car less than others - doesn’t mean I’m a good driver, just less bad than others.

Yeh, but like Dele he had quite a few goes end-era Poch and with Jose and not to mention replacing N’Dombele for Mason. The first team’s much the same now as then, just Lucas for Bale and Skipp for - erm - Winks.

Oops.
Injuries will happen, for all we know he might be happy being a squad player at the club he loves and has been at for over a decade.

If the right offer for the club/him doesn't come in, he's going nowhere unfortunately. Not that I have much faith in a decent replacement being found by our shitty scouting system.

I was with the family who’s lad played with dele at the dons and we were chatting about dele and their time in the youth leagues. I asked him his opinion of Harry winks …. He said of all the players he’s played with and against winks is the one he’s shocked got a professional contract. Reckons he as was bang average in the youth leagues as he is now

Back
Top Bottom