Everton vs Spurs - Sunday, November 7 14:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve got nothing against Conte
I’ve said we need to change out 6 players at least starting in January

Others seem to think he can make some of these players into something. He can’t, because they aren’t good enough and never will be.

That’s why he will buy new ones because he too knows this
Absolutely right. Fergie couldn't do anything with some of these guys. We must have creativity in mf and a striker who gives a shit. I really can't understand why Alli, Bergwijn, hojberg, Winks. Kane etc etc are still here. Why are we paying wages to Sanchez and Doherty? And Dier? If these people left today, we probably wouldn't even notice next w/e. Conte is a great manager but he isn't a magician. He needs the raw material.

I always thought it was indicative of near/far post. I'm clearly a simpleton.
Whatever, it hardly requires an Enigma machine to decipher the code.

It's an area in which we could get a whole lot more creative

giphy.gif

I always thought it was indicative of near/far post. I'm clearly a simpleton.
That's true but I've started to think that [as far as Spurs are concerned] its an admission along the lines of "this might go anywhere but there's a good chance it might hit the first man - please retreat to the half way line"
:mourbye:

We had two decent chances all game, it wasn’t much. It was more than Everton had sure… but you need shots on target to score goals. We haven’t had a single one in so long. That’s really not good.

You don’t have to view shots on target as the holy grail to see getting zero in this amount of time means something is up.

We had 4 decent chances, Royal header. Reguilon volley. Davies long ranger. GLC off the post.
Any/all of those on target they were going in, keeper had no chance. Everton had not one single chance of that calibre.

As pointed out, you have a higher chance of scoring off the woodwork than you do tamely passing to the keeper.

I'd rather have multiple "off target" shots hitting the woodwork, than increasing a meaningless stat by kicking it at the keeper.

I mean, the players could come out for the next game and think fuck this stupid stat, let's just have some pathetic chances and stop every one saying it. We ain't gonna score but hey. apparently 3 or 4 shots on target with no goals is better than no shots on target and no goals.
Please start this as a new thread.....Please. this is a match thread and consequently should be interesting.

We had 4 decent chances, Royal header. Reguilon volley. Davies long ranger. GLC off the post.
Any/all of those on target they were going in, keeper had no chance. Everton had not one single chance of that calibre.

I'm not concerned with what Everton do. They're incredibly mediocre and managed by a boring guy to boot. I am concerned about the inability of our players to test keepers, now for a long time. Getting in good positions and then fluffing our lines isn't a positive thing.

And if you're counting two speculative efforts from players well outside the box as 'decent chances' then I think perhaps we've reached rock bottom. We should be creating far more than that, and I imagine Conte will be thinking the same. Going forward we are absolutely woeful, by every metric.

Ireland a third world country?! are you one of those lads with a Union Jack in your twitter handle? Ireland is Richer per-capita than England.

educate yourself before throwing out meek racial slurs.

Kinda like Iceland where you play Ponzi until it fails and guess what? The rich get richer and the poor say "good luck to the lad"

Not a third world country in GDP terms but very much backward in believing the state sponsored propaganda that shopping in Tesco (where prices are half of the Irish equivalent) is "a penny in the purse of the English Queen".

A quote taken from official government "guidance" on crossing the border to go to supermarkets.

As long as its one of our own lads exploiting us then sure, its grand.

Kinda like Iceland where you play Ponzi until it fails and guess what? The rich get richer and the poor say "good luck to the lad"

Not a third world country in GDP terms but very much backward in believing the state sponsored propaganda that shopping in Tesco (where prices are half of the Irish equivalent) is "a penny in the purse of the English Queen".

A quote taken from official government "guidance" on crossing the border to go to supermarkets.

As long as its one of our own lads exploiting us then sure, its grand.

You know we have Tesco in the south of Ireland?

I've got no idea what you're talking about here but I've no interest in engaging in any Irish/English/Northern Irish politics debate.

don't bother responding.

You know we have Tesco in the south of Ireland?

I've got no idea what you're talking about here but I've no interest in engaging in any Irish/English/Northern Irish politics debate.

don't bother responding.
Given that I live in Dublin I am well aware of Tesco's presence. My point is that the message from government is that you should buy a product from SuperValue at twice the price thinking that its "Irish" when actually it comes from the same EU supplier as Tesco.

Global cunts profiteering on nationalism to their own benefit. Not yours. Wake up.

Given that I live in Dublin I am well aware of Tesco's presence. My point is that the message from government is that you should buy a product from SuperValue at twice the price thinking that its "Irish" when actually it comes from the same EU supplier as Tesco.

Global cunts profiteering on nationalism to their own benefit. Not yours. Wake up.

Err slightly off topic?

The irony being Attwel gave them a penalty that was over ruled by VAR, he booked Holgate and that was upgraded to a red by VAR.
Not sure what he did in our favour tbh.
What? I don't understand. It wasn't Attwell, he wasn't there at all, that's the whole point. (Or maybe you're making a joke and I'm being thick and missing it :/ ).

Perhaps you meant a supposed "Attwell" (in quotes) rather than just Attwell... :/

Whole thing was hilarious anyway. :)

What? I don't understand. It wasn't Attwell, he wasn't there at all, that's the whole point. (Or maybe you're making a joke and I'm being thick and missing it :/ ).

Perhaps you meant a supposed "Attwell" (in quotes) rather than just Attwell... :/

Whole thing was hilarious anyway. :)
May be I'm missing something. I assumed the songs were about Attwell giving us favours and assumed he was reffing.
If not the case I've got no fucking idiea what's happening.

May be I'm missing something. I assumed the songs were about Attwell giving us favours and assumed he was reffing.
If not the case I've got no fucking idiea what's happening.
Attwell wasn't refereeing our game yesterday - he was doing VAR for the West Ham v Liverpool game. - he had no involvement in our game. The fan was (is?) obviously confused. That's why it was on MOTD2, because the fan is slagging off the wrong person. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom