Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Every time I come into the Dele thread

Im Out GIF
Me every time I enter the Dele thread

Homer Simpson Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Dele got injured in his last season with Poch. Lost focus and didn't work hard for his recovery.

Mourinho clearly had no time for him.

Nuno couldn't fit Dele and Kane in the team together.

If Conte wants a player up top to make run's into the box, win penalties and give CB's the run around - then Dele will likely do well under him.

Inside the box, Dele remains our only reliable goal threat outside of Son and Kane. If a chance falls to him, there is a good chance he will make something of it - the same can't be said for Lo Celso, Ndom, Gil, Moura, Bergjwin.

Dele got injured in his last season with Poch. Lost focus and didn't work hard for his recovery.

Mourinho clearly had no time for him.

Nuno couldn't fit Dele and Kane in the team together.

If Conte wants a player up top to make run's into the box, win penalties and give CB's the run around - then Dele will likely do well under him.

Inside the box, Dele remains our only reliable goal threat outside of Son and Kane. If a chance falls to him, there is a good chance he will make something of it - the same can't be said for Lo Celso, Ndom, Gil, Moura, Bergjwin.

How can you possibly judge Gil ?

How many games or rather "minutes" has he played.

Just based on his past performance and experience.

Dele has delivered a goal or assist every 2 games for Spurs whenever he has been a team regular. So we know he has got the ability if the system is setup to suit him.

Just based on his past performance and experience.

Dele has delivered a goal or assist every 2 games for Spurs whenever he has been a team regular. So we know he has got the ability if the system is setup to suit him.

Fair. I would like to see what Gil can do over a decent stretch of games.

It doesn’t matter how poor Dele plays it’s never his fault- it’s the system, it’s other players’ fault, it’s the manager etc. Harry7 will say anything to further his bizarre “Dele is the Messiah” agenda. It’s one hell of a man crush

It doesn’t matter how poor Dele plays it’s never his fault- it’s the system, it’s other players’ fault, it’s the manager etc. Harry7 will say anything to further his bizarre “Dele is the Messiah” agenda. It’s one hell of a man crush
:)

I never said he was the Messiah. I've just pointed out that his record for us is very good. He was even very good for Mourinho until both Kane and Son got injured. He was then thrust as a lone striker with service from Moura and Sissoko.

The first 3 games this season he played out of his usual position and played very well. This forum and the pundits were raving about his performance.

1 bad 45 minutes against Woolwich and everyone has written him off again.

I never said he was the Messiah. I've just pointed out that his record for us is very good. He was even very good for Mourinho until both Kane and Son got injured. He was then thrust as a lone striker with service from Moura and Sissoko.

The first 3 games this season he played out of his usual position and played very well. This forum and the pundits were raving about his performance.

Get help!!!

He was not very good at all

I think he just wanted to make him feel involved.

Still implies a pecking order (however short-term)......

Dele
>>>
Ndombele
Berg
Doherty
Gil
Rodon

In fact, if you're literally just looking to wind 5 minutes down on the clock why not throw Rodon in to beef up the MF or a like-4-like switch for Berg?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom