Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats because Winks does something really rubbish almost every game , so its easy to point it out.
Also I see you are having a good time criticising Sanchez in the Sanchez thread, but Winks must not be criticized for his shitness?
Sanchez has always been shocking. Winks isn't and hasn't always been.

If we don't offload him I'm reasonably confident that he could benefit from Conte's coaching.

He played a blinding through ball in that we should have scored from and was generally tidy, even playing forward balls. Not sure what you expect from a 13 minute cameo when he didn't do much wrong and was sent on to shore things up.

Where did you watch the game?
It's clear he didn't watch the game. He's best ignored.

It's clear he didn't watch the game. He's best ignored.
I was given a disagree without a response to me asking where he watched it.

My point being had he been at the game, he'd have seen a lot of Wink's off the ball stuff.

I'm rapidly building up such an ignore list, most of the threads are empty now lol.

My point being had he been at the game, he'd have seen a lot of Wink's off the ball stuff.

I'm rapidly building up such an ignore list, most of the threads are empty now lol.
I had an entire page in the match thread building up to the game that was more or less blank lol.

Oh yea, when he doesnt have the ball hes world class.

Amazon prime. But you know for a CM youd want him to not lose the ball in bad positions rather than just run around off the ball.

Thanks, my point is that from the broadcast transmission you wouldn't have seen his off the ball movement, positioning and communicating as effectively.

There's no question that he's been shite over the last couple of years, but some of these players are listening to Conte and it's visible in what they do OFF the ball. Which you won't notice watching on TV.

That's not saying he's perfect, having a worldie or blameless for mistakes, no saying we shouldn't consider biting Newcastle's hand off should they come calling.

Just that some players are taking on what Conte is saying. Winks appears to be one. With my eyes, at least.

Thanks, my point is that from the broadcast transmission you wouldn't have seen his off the ball movement, positioning and communicating as effectively.

There's no question that he's been shite over the last couple of years, but some of these players are listening to Conte and it's visible in what they do OFF the ball. Which you won't notice watching on TV.

That's not saying he's perfect, having a worldie or blameless for mistakes, no saying we shouldn't consider biting Newcastle's hand off should they come calling.

Just that some players are taking on what Conte is saying. Winks appears to be one. With my eyes, at least.
While a TV Broadcast does focus on where the ball is, its far enough that you can see who is and isnt making movements off the ball. Its not like they zoom the camera right into the ball and you cant see what other players other than the one with the ball are doing.

But yes I agree that when their goalkeeper would have the ball , then winks wouldnt be on the screen and we cant see his great off the ball work then.

Winks plays 90minutes or gets X amount of minutes per game Tottenham win couldn’t give a fuck we are winning games couldn’t care less who plays.

Back
Top Bottom