Tottenham Vs Palace - Boxing day - 3pm (Live on BT Sport)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes I agree
Unfortunately I didn't catch the match I'm here in America and don't see many matches but I am a new fan only third season as a real Premier League soccer fan (I have liked the Columbus Crew in MLS) and third season as a Spurs fan. Good to see such excellent performance, and, as you say, To See Kane Look like he's Liking being here, Again. .. Personally I think it should almost be Expected of a goal from Sonny and a goal from Kane, Each contest. They are superb players being fed passes from some other very good players. Sonny and Kane ARE the reason I became a Tottenham Hotspur fan. If Coach Conte can keep up the Defensive progression towards fundamentals, then I feel Tottenham Should be a Premier Force to be reckoned with, For Many Years to come.

I hope I haven't said anything stupid like a newcomer sports fan shall...

Come On You Spurs!!!
Go Tottenham!!!

Hi. Firstly I must make clear that I am not having a pop at you. I love that we have fans from around the world, but when I first read your post earlier this evening (9pm GMT) I initially thought it was a subtle but amusing parody. ‘Coach Conte’ and ‘Go Tottenham’ stood out as things that a traditional supporter would not say or write. But I have consumed a lot of wine since then and am now prepared to give you the benefit of doubt. Welcome to Spurs. I look forward to seeing your musings in the American Politics thread. (There used to be a poster called Worsted with idiosyncratic views and he has sadly never been replaced…. No pressure.)

Hi. Firstly I must make clear that I am not having a pop at you. I love that we have fans from around the world, but when I first read your post earlier this evening (9pm GMT) I initially thought it was a subtle but amusing parody. ‘Coach Conte’ and ‘Go Tottenham’ stood out as things that a traditional supporter would not say or write. But I have consumed a lot of wine since then and am now prepared to give you the benefit of doubt. Welcome to Spurs. I look forward to seeing your musings in the American Politics thread. (There used to be a poster called Worsted with idiosyncratic views and he has sadly never been replaced…. No pressure.)

Yeah good post.

Its easy to look at that post and wonder, however like you, I welcome Jnrbuckeye2756 Jnrbuckeye2756 to the forum.

It can only be a good thing if we are gaining new and younger supporters globally. I have no reason to doubt his support.

We have quite a few very ardent American supporters here.

Yeah good post.

Its easy to look at that post and wonder, however like you, I welcome Jnrbuckeye2756 Jnrbuckeye2756 to the forum.

It can only be a good thing if we are gaining new and younger supporters globally. I have no reason to doubt his support.

Glad to see these more welcoming messages.
I’ve been Spurs for 7 years now - my son researched EPL back then and chose Tottenham for us. (Bright boy)

Still learning the depth of the game, but never miss a game these days.

Biggest advice I can give the new US fans: try to learn English spellings and avoid the inevitable cunt-offs on here!

I’ve been Spurs for 7 years now - my son researched EPL back then and chose Tottenham for us. (Bright boy)

Biggest advice I can give the new US fans: try to learn English spellings and avoid the inevitable cunt-offs on here!

Nice. 👍

I hate that the See You Next Tuesday word is so common and accepted on here. It’s not accepted in society but here it is thrown around like this is a truckers cafe.

don’t worry about the difference in the spelling as long as you have a USA reference in your name most decent people on here will recognise that. There are probably 5-6 trolls / shitposters on here, I think there is a list somewhere of the most ignored posters - they are all on that list.

Welcome to the forum Jnrbuckeye2756 Jnrbuckeye2756

Yeah good post.

Did you just call me ardent!!!???? Is that some kinda fancy talking British insult!!!?????

Thought the only concern yesterday was the start, Palace seemed to have a better grip in the midfield and we were struggling to turn defence in to attack. When we did score it felt like a counter against the run of play.

Oddly the same thing happened when we started against Norwich, where very early in to the game the opposition gets a chance in the first few moments, though this time it was a massive spooned shot by Ayew.

I have to say I (wrongly) thought Moura was not playing well, had a misplaced pass that looked bad when we had a good chance of a decent attack, then he had a great chance with a glancing header that should have probably been on target.

He did then go to break from a lovely ball from Emerson and put a perfectly weighted assist that Kane was always going to finish well, then, that leap, for such a small player he has one hell of a leap and that was a brave headed goal, I remember that goal a few seasons back against City where he came from nowhere with a header and it's great to see him finding the space and getting the finish in and another supply from Emerson. Then, final goal, puts in a lovely ball to Son. Hard to argue with the claim he was a game changer today.

Zaha going off helped and I think the fact we could control the game in the second half without stretching the players too much, no injuries, a clean sheet and the fact we could save Kane and Son for the Southampton game was useful.

Next we're at St Mary's and the key to that will be avoiding giving away set pieces as they're properly dangerous from those positions. Hopefully we can keep the good form going!

For some reason, I was compelled to read that post in an Old Etonian accent.

Yes I agree
Unfortunately I didn't catch the match I'm here in America and don't see many matches but I am a new fan only third season as a real Premier League soccer fan (I have liked the Columbus Crew in MLS) and third season as a Spurs fan. Good to see such excellent performance, and, as you say, To See Kane Look like he's Liking being here, Again. .. Personally I think it should almost be Expected of a goal from Sonny and a goal from Kane, Each contest. They are superb players being fed passes from some other very good players. Sonny and Kane ARE the reason I became a Tottenham Hotspur fan. If Coach Conte can keep up the Defensive progression towards fundamentals, then I feel Tottenham Should be a Premier Force to be reckoned with, For Many Years to come.

Come On You Spurs!!!
Go Tottenham!!!
Oh yes - I too forgot to say 'Welcome'. How rude. Please forgive me.

COYS

Yes I agree

Come On You Spurs!!!
Go Tottenham!!!
After suffering the Bangles and the Broons for so many years, it's not surprising you switched to a decent form of football (ahem). Just think of the Gooners as highly as you do of your pals in Ann Arbor and you'll be fine 😁

When they play anyone decent, they will.

Their win streak has been against shit Southampton, out of form West Ham, awful Leeds, Sunderland two divisions below, and relegation fodder Norwich

Yep I agree. A win for us in a few weeks time is paramount though. But knowing those fucker’s luck it will be behind closed doors rather than us being there and being able to make it a tougher game for them.

Still no NLD in front of fans since we’ve moved into the stadium. Crazy really.

Not been in long, so apologies that I'm not going to read the posts up to now. Suffice to say, I enjoyed the game today, and it looked like the players did too.
I'm not one to analyse a game to death, but what I did take away from today was that we are playing to a system, and have belief in each other; love the team spirit that is being rebuilt by Antonio.
Billy, the electrician from DIY SOS, was sitting a few rows behind me, he was lapping up the attention.
A guy in front of me shouted out to Zaha that he was 💩, and I was surprised to see Zaha react. Of course, the guy did it again and again, Zaha got himself quite wound up, which probably led to him making that daft challenge.
Anyway, my MOTM was Emerson, closely followed by Skippy and Lucas, but I love games where you can make a case for near enough the whole team.
It's just such a pleasure to look forward to games again.
Thank you Antonio.
Great Post Mrs P....Post of the thread.

Pretty much sums up they way most if not all of us are feeling right now. A mixture of relief that the manager who introduced the worst football ever seen at the Lane has gone and excitement at what Antonio has achieved in such a short space of time.

As you say, thank you Antonio for making us believe again.

And thank you Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman showing how it's possible to celebrate a victory without tagging and abusing other posters you disagree with.

Clink Clink Agree GIF by Hello All

Back
Top Bottom