January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We went after Diaz on the thought that we would have great sell on ability.

ENIC Invests for profit. They don't care about actually building a football team. Otherwise we'd have gone tits up for guimmares and Lamptey together for the price of Diaz and Adama.

We went after Diaz on the thought that we would have great sell on ability.

ENIC Invests for profit. They don't care about actually building a football team. Otherwise we'd have gone tits up for guimmares and Lamptey together for the price of Diaz and Adama.
LOL, we've stopped even doing that bit well (which we used to be alright at) - think how much better off we'd have been if we sold Eriksen or Alli at their peak and reinvested (fans would have kicked off and called us unambitious but history would have vindicated them).

We've basically been doing the worst of both worlds for the past three years.

“To fix everything in one transfer market is not realistic but there must be a place to start. Even if it isn’t the best opportunity, we need to do something.”
I don't disagree with any of that.

All of this was just in response as to why I'm giving ENIC the summer window to show proper backing of Conte, and show actual intent to better the squad, not as an excuse for the current window.

But it remains a valid point as to why January is harder to do business in that the summer though. The likelihood of a player that Spurs are interested in not being for sale now due to their club doing well, and may still be competing for silverware is real.

I'm not saying that that is the only reason why we're not signing anyone, but it does impose more barriers than summer does.

Your point is valid though, it's just that both aren't mutually exclusive.
Weve signed nobody. Weve sold nobody.

So the club has been mugged off again and in turn mugged off the fanbase what a shambles.
So in the space of 12 hrs we have failed to sign traore and Diaz brilliant and only a couple of days left.
This club is fucked no hope of anything whether signing or success time for people to vote with their feet.

I posted a long comment in response to John some time yesterday.

In short we'll have had a full year of match day revenue, with DOF and manager at the club for close to the whole season, and it'll be a summer window.

I'm not saying it will be different, but it should be, as the excuses will have been well and truly exhausted

Firstly Baldy is not embarrassed by repeating excuses , secondly he will be working flat out on a couple of new ones

Woke up early for work , quick read of posts on here has really put a spring in my step. ENIC supporters must be thinking even we are getting embarrassed lying for this lot now

Cone on guys stop defending the indefensible, confess your sins you will feel so much better.

Smell the coffee mate.
We'll see. If I'm wrong, so be it.
In the mean time I'd like to think that the this summer might be different. A leopard doesn't change his spots so I'm not expecting a 300mil net spend summer, but do think it will go smoother than years prior.

That being said my hopes for summer don't change the fact that so far this window has been poor, even by Spurs standard. It's not even the players that we've missed out on, but even the ones we've been linked with.

RWB
Traore, a RW who we'd convert to RWB, even though he never played in that position.
Lamptey, I don't think we ever made any serious attempt other than asking about his price.

Creative mid
Kessie, who'd be silly to accept a deal now as he'll make way more come summer time. Even he wouldn't be the creative outlet that we so desperately need.
Amrabat, not going to pretend I know anything about the guy but going by people who've watching him play he sounds like another Hoj/Skipp/Winks like player. Again hardly what we need, but I suppose he could just be an extra body incase we do end up moving on Dele/Ndombele/Lo Celso.

CF
Vlahovic was never going to happen this window, and I'm still surprised they ended up selling them to Juve. Other than him we're only just seeing loans links pop up now.

Back
Top Bottom