January 2022 - Transfer Window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

lol west ham going after raphinha lol

while we get scraps

its a joke

We can't compete with a club like West Ham they have Europa League to offer, we have nothing.

You entitled fans need to understand the level that Spurs are at and stopped thinking we are able to compete with the likes of West Ham.

We'll see. I'd be surprised if there weren't a number of moves that wind up happening, maybe I'm a fool.

But the situation definitely seems as "frantic" as described.

I guess maybe it really just does come down to confidence, it just feels like deja vu right now where we are constantly chasing names and nothing really solidifies. One of the common threads is needing outgoings before we can buy, and it doesn't seem likely that there is going to be any substantial movements, so hence no real incoming moves either.

So, yes, there are things being bandied about it just feels like noise.

Think its the reputation we have. Last couple of years has been a steady decline. I just feel conte might get a grilling by media about our transfer business and he wont like that. Tough being a spurs fan. On the cusp and falls apart. Need to stop turbulence and get stability back.

They all did far better/more business than us in the summer (United and Woolwich) or are like Liverpool or City where it's legitimately hard to upgrade at all and they don't really need to rush themselves in the market as they're not desperate.

They also didn't just recently hire an elite manager with the promise of heavy investment, and one whose system requires very specific players, many of which we don't possess so need to acquire as soon as we can.
Crazy people compare us to city & Liverpool. As if we are anywhere near their level! Imagine thinking they have exactly the same need for good players as we do. We need a lot more!

If Liverpool do us for Diaz surely we can do West Ham for Raphina.

Doubt it. They'll get Diaz now to phase out Mane, and then Raphinha will be the guy they bring in to cover for/replace Salah. Efficiently replacing their top stars before they reach the burnout stage by bringing in highly rated players, you have to admire it.

Back
Top Bottom