Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton | Wednesday 9 Feb | 19:45 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sanchez is so poor, at times it's like he's from outer-space, and this is his first kick of a ball.

He looked physically strong when we first signed him, but he doesn't appear to have much balance or coordination which results in him being bullied off the ball. He seems to get tangled up time and again.
He just seems to be an athlete rather than a footballer. I can't say I ever recall seeing him do something and thinking it was impressive.

That comes down to lack of leadership, someone should be pointing out that there are runners behind men, pretty obvious we miss dier for stuff like this.
not just lack of leadership though, lack of football intellect from fucking midfielders who dont have the savvy to look behind to see if theres any danger. fucking braindead shit. shouldnt need to have their arses wiped by someone who has the bottle to open their mouth and talk to teammates.

I agree. Poch did a Great Job too. He built a squad from unknowns. He even managed to get Deli 1 firing. He got us to within a spitting distance of winning the League and he got us to a Champions League final. What did he get when he asked for players? Almost 2 seasons without a single transfer.

Jose had us top of the league at one stage. We had the Golden Boot player, with the most assists. We had another top 5 striker only 4 goals away from the Golden Boot. What did when he asked for players? He got Doherty.

Now Conté asks for 4 players. One of players he wanted jumped into his first La Liga game and tore Athletico apart. The other jumps into his first English fixture and plays a blinder. What did he get. One player who shows promise in a midfield position we are well overstocked in. And another who really doesn't look fit or good enough for counter attacking football.

Where does our problem lay. I Agree with you. It lies in the fact that we are a Real Estate Company sponsoring a Football team and Not a Football team owning some Real Estate.
Agree with most of that other than the ‘we are already overstocked in midfield’
All four were crap last night and the only decent midfielder we have is Skippy and he’s injured!

Last night well and truly burst my bubble and convinced me we aren't going to get champions league.
I'm fairly sure it will have damaged the confidence of the players as well.

I gave this window a 5.5, Unlike some I'm not upset with the players we brought in, and I was very happy with the players we released. It was very clear to me that we just needed 2-3 more to compete, and a couple more to be shown the door including Royal, Winks, and Sanchez.

Somebody is going to take this top 4 by the scruff of the neck at some point, I just pray it isn't the goons or the cat kickers.

Just have to hope that Conte is backed properly in the summer and sticks it out for another season and maybe we get the rub of the green in the FA cup, avoid all the big guns and luck our way into a final with a side we can beat.

Other than that this season is going to be a transitional one.

Last night well and truly burst my bubble and convinced me we aren't going to get champions league.
I'm fairly sure it will have damaged the confidence of the players as well.

I gave this window a 5.5, Unlike some I'm not upset with the players we brought in, and I was very happy with the players we released. It was very clear to me that we just needed 2-3 more to compete, and a couple more to be shown the door including Royal, Winks, and Sanchez.

Somebody is going to take this top 4 by the scruff of the neck at some point, I just pray it isn't the goons or the cat kickers.

Just have to hope that Conte is backed properly in the summer and sticks it out for another season and maybe we get the rub of the green in the FA cup, avoid all the big guns and luck our way into a final with a side we can beat.

Other than that this season is going to be a transitional one.

Davies looked mortified at his role in them scoring their first. Thing is, although he slipped and triggered the scramble, how many fucking chances did we have to get rid of the ball?
We look like rabbits in the headlights when a ball comes into the box.

Why are people talking about the offside goals last night?
The 2nd was definitely offside. I can't even find a replay of the first so it must have been miles off?
The two disallowed goals were fair offside calls. But it is somewhat encouraging the team were creating plenty of goal scoring chances.
(Unfortunately so were Southampton)

3 guys running at Emerson .

WTF are Kulu and Winks doing ?

FLMEr6_XIAIQnt5
exactly.

Both (particularly Kulu) literally let the runner do whatever he wanted leaving emerson to try and mark 3 players ffs. Contes fault for taking Lucas off who would have been in a far better defensive position (and so would Hojbjerg).

To rub shite in the wounds whilst waiting for my uber at enfield had the local loon telling us how he played fir spurs as a kid but fucked it all on Ecstasy in the Camden palace

spare me from this shite day

During the 90's, if someone gave me the option of playing for Spurs or a decade of eating pills at Camden Palace, Camden Palace wins every time.

Sounds like a smart fella to me.

3 guys running at Emerson .

WTF are Kulu and Winks doing ?

FLMEr6_XIAIQnt5

100% Winks is in the correct position. You would want a CM there.

Number 21 is ball watching. I would put money in the fact he started ahead of their number 24 and really should have tracked his run.

Defender should be shouting at him telling him.

But that’s a midfielder falling asleep and the mistake you would be looking for if you’re the home team analysing this goal.

And you often end up with an overload on the far side.
Rarely find a team man marking a player in number 15 position on a counter attack (which I am guessing this is?)

I've seen an odd number of comments that we scored 3 or even 4 goals last night.
We scored 2,. They were pretty decent goals, but unlike the away game, we weren't cheated, we were well beaten IMO.

No-one said we were cheated...... You're just ignoring the context of those comment in an attempt to look smart.

Agree.
Hog was playing all night like he knew that Conte didn't fancy him.
Worst game I have seen Hog play but I still would have kept him instead of little H.
I am still a bit confused about the the game and subs and am a little inebriated TBH but we were doing OK when he subbed off Hog but after we went in front Benta was on the missing list and the whole team was awful.

Winks, obviously not great, but was better than Hojbjerg last night - or to put it another way, less of a problem.

Hojbjerg shat himself every time the ball came near him. Of the 29 passes he completed, 15 of them were just bunted backwards to where they came from.

Winks, obviously not great, but was better than Hojbjerg last night - or to put it another way, less of a problem.

Hojbjerg shat himself every time the ball came near him. Of the 29 passes he completed, 15 of them were just bunted backwards to where they came from.
He is such a poor to average footballer. I think a lot of the fanbase are still stuck in his first 3 months at the club when to be fair, he did well. Having said that i think there was a lot of goodwill from the fanbase for him not being Winks or Sissoko. For 14 months now he has really been one of our major issues and i'm amazed he is still defended as much as he is. I'm sorry to say he is now exactly the player i thought we were buying from Southampton, a jack of all trades, master of none, very average, midtable midfielder.

Only because Hojbjerg was the one showing for the ball, for all his faults ay least he doesn't hide as much as Winks which is exactly what he was doing last night.

Only because Hojbjerg was the one showing for the ball, for all his faults ay least he doesn't hide as much as Winks which is exactly what he was doing last night.
Let’s be fair, neither of them really qualifies for the title of ‘Best’ in a competition between themselves. They were both absolutely piss poor.

I just wish we had two of Bentancur so we could stick these two on the bench.

Back
Top Bottom