Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have been going 50 years but only had an ST for 5 years. Not sure what sort of fan that makes me.
You only really needed one in the last few years of WHL. Even under Harry, you could get a ticket for any game you wanted, as well as a fair few away games. When I first went regularly I was just a member. Probably went to 90% of home games. When I first got a ST in 1996 I think we only had around 10,000 STHs.

Sadly, that’s exactly where I’m at. Part of me can’t quite believe that I’m contemplating giving up my ST. I have high LPs and get to a fair few away games. It’s been a core part of my life for several decades.

I enjoy meeting people, chatting to fans (home and away - sometimes!) but I really don’t enjoy the games any more. The Covid years showed me that I wasn’t missing it enough to warrant the £1,200 lay out to watch a load of privileged multi-millionaires not really give a shit about what they’re doing.

Football has gone for me. The real passion, the edge, the culture of being where you truly felt you belonged. Now it’s more akin to going to Thorpe Park… and then queuing for hours only to find the rides don’t work properly.

I will miss the away days. But then I was lucky enough to do Ajax in the CL Semi - and you can’t get a bigger or better away day outcome then I saw that night.

Time to hold on to that and move on.
I agree. I got ‘Waiting For a Saturday’ for Xmas. Read that and it’ll confirm that all that drew us to support Spurs and we held dear, is dead.

It’s wild to think about the summer window where we signed no one and how that set all of this in motion. The next window was a total panic and we sign Sess, Clarke, GLC, and Ndombele. Seems like Levy has just been reacting since then. No forethought. No planning. Honestly had we not gotten Conte and stuck with Nuno I think we’d be fighting relegation.

You only really needed one in the last few years of WHL. Even under Harry, you could get a ticket for any game you wanted, as well as a fair few away games. When I first went regularly I was just a member. Probably went to 90% of home games. When I first got a ST in 1996 I think we only had around 10,000 STHs.
And you could go to pretty much any away game. West Ham away until very recently used to always go on general sale.

Your viewpoint is ridiculous. 99.9 percent of us have had enough of this shit. It's only posters like yourself shadydan and the outsider that are given Levy and Enic an out by defending them. Its all very well building a huge stadium but if the football is shit what's the point. I'm on a train, stuffed with many other people having paid a shitload for my season ticket and travel to be served up that. So no I have no respect for any one who can't see what's happening.

Where have I given anyone credit?

My point is that its too easy to always blame Levy and ENIC as opposed to laying the ire at the manager and the players.

Does everyone who has disagreed with me believe Wolves and Southampton are better teams than ours?

If so then okay but I bet most thought we would win both games, so where does the blame lie?

My point is that its too easy to always blame Levy and ENIC as opposed to laying the ire at the manager and the players.

Does everyone who has disagreed with me believe Wolves and Southampton are better teams than ours?

If so then okay but I bet most thought we would win both games, so where does the blame lie?
This. The same “fans” that wanted a new contract for Lloris saw him royally fuck up today, I guess that’s Levy’s fault.

Do we ever reach a point when we quit blaming the manager and accept the players and the squad assembled under Levy's watch simply isn't good enough?

Pochettino: Over achieved on a shoestring budget. Sacked

Jose Mourinho: Serial winner throughout his career. Failed and sacked

Antonio Conte: Serial winner. Comes to Spurs and loses 3 games in a row for the first time in 13 years.

Maybe they are good enough to beat Wolves, sometimes. Just as they're good enough to beat Man City perhaps once in a blue moon.

But over the course of a season, or 21 years, or 14 managers, just maybe it's worth considering the root of the problem lies with people running the football club.

Last edited:
In a few years when Newcastle will have spent a billion and bought their way to the top, we won’t get another sniff at top 4.
Again, sadly, it doesn’t matter how good your coach is, how strong your academy etc … the most important signing is what repulsive super rich owner gets hold of your club. The Saudis, Russians, UAE and Qatar have theirs. Xi Jinping could make a move still. Then there’s the Amazon and Tesla blokes. What fun!

This. The same “fans” that wanted a new contract for Lloris saw him royally fuck up today, I guess that’s Levy’s fault.

Correct.

It becomes a straw man discussion.

In the wider piece I am in agreement. Lack of strategy and clarity but please nobody tell me that we should not have had enough to win today and during the week..

I get the frustration but every time we lose it's Levy or ENIC?

That's senseless and giving the manager and player's no sense of responsibility.

Last edited:
Do we ever reach a point when we quit blaming the manager and accept the players and the squad assembled under Levy's watch simply isn't good enough?

Pochettino: Over achieved on a shoestring budget. Sacked

Jose Mourinho: Serial winner throughout his career. Failed and sacked

Antonio Conte: Serial winner. Comes to Spurs and loses 3 games in a row for the first time in 13 years.

Maybe they are good enough to beat Wolves, sometimes. Just as they're good enough to beat Man City perhaps once in a blue moon.

But over the course of a season, or 21 years, or 14 managers, just maybe it's worth considering the root of the problem lies with people running the football club.

In effect you are saying we can't find a manager who is good enough.

Lets be clear Pochettino had the best players in the PL for 26 to 30 months arguably and we won zilch.

Who is to blame for that?

Mourinho is a busted flute mate and we now have to see how Conte pans out.

There is a lack of perspective which I find frustrating.

Liverpool just the once. Outside of that City and Chelsea. How do we compete with them and please tell me you bemoaned the signings of Ndombele, Sanchez, Lo Celso when they were made?

Back
Top Bottom