Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All you have to do is look at the team we had back in 2016\17. How many of our current defence & midfield would get in that team? I would say none. And even then, I would say that neither Son or Kane are anywhere near the level they were back then. We have gone backwards in a massive way & that is purely down to Enic/ Levy for not investing properly in the squad.
The CLFinal was the best and the worst thing that has happened to this club,those that hold the purse strings stupidly thought that team didn't need refreshing and were reluctant to add to it, because of that, the best manager we've had for years was dumped. This club is getting what it deserves ,it is such a shame as we have the best supporters in the league and it is heartbreaking, wouldn't be surprised to see St Gareth back any day soon, these are desperate times .

Was there really a minimum commitment for corporate boxes? Like are they locked in for a few years at least? Does the quality of the football even matter, as long as the prawn is fresh?
It would feel weird to have a fancy matchday meetup at a dead end club.

Nobody wants them on the exchange for most of the games now. I never sell mine and there were loads available in the week. I looked for the first time and was quite shocked as to how many there were. It’s almost making having a season ticket a bit pointless.

I think that not having concession pricing is a problem they could easily rectify.

Bernard mate brake the habit , Norfolk is calling , back to the big skies , waterways galore
and farming is the utopia .
Stick Levy up your organic beetroot and get those Turkey's dancing to the tune of mother earth.
It makes sense .

I broke the habit last year.

Spending a few weekends in different parts of the country on a “home” weekend this season.

I do miss it. The walk, the buzz, the Lane.

But come an afternoon as the game is on I’m not missing it. If that makes any sort of sense.

2020 and COVID lifestyle taught me life without football to be honest.

The CLFinal was the best and the worst thing that has happened to this club,those that hold the purse strings stupidly thought that team didn't need refreshing and were reluctant to add to it, because of that, the best manager we've had for years was dumped. This club is getting what it deserves ,it is such a shame as we have the best supporters in the league and it is heartbreaking, wouldn't be surprised to see St Gareth back any day soon, these are desperate times .
That was are only chance of enternal glory as by a lucky miracle we fluked the final . It was now or never .our one chance to be giants .
The pain after knowing it would never happen again walking through crowds of scousers was the bitterest pill as it was always obvious our owners didn't give a fuck about the football side and would never change .

Think a lot of people see it as a status kind of thing

I’m proper Tottenham me

I’ve got a season ticket , Have you ? Etc

Quick brain teaser , how do you work out if a fan has a season ticket or not ?

No need to figure it out , if they have one they’ll tell you

There will always be enough renewals to keep the owners happy enough no matter how bad the team is

I think there’s a large proportion of the south stand that are there because they are the cheapest tickets not because they want to make any noise. Until they are gone from the stand nothing will change and the atmosphere will remain shit.

I know of some who went from west lower to south west lower.
Pricing being the reason. Old WHL West lower…. That place was so bad as well.

Yep. I know people that have had STs for 15 and 20+ years in the recent past and it has been a wrench to give them up. But when I speak to them now they have no regrets whatsoever. Once people break the habit they don't miss going to games.
Sadly, that’s exactly where I’m at. Part of me can’t quite believe that I’m contemplating giving up my ST. I have high LPs and get to a fair few away games. It’s been a core part of my life for several decades.

I enjoy meeting people, chatting to fans (home and away - sometimes!) but I really don’t enjoy the games any more. The Covid years showed me that I wasn’t missing it enough to warrant the £1,200 lay out to watch a load of privileged multi-millionaires not really give a shit about what they’re doing.

Football has gone for me. The real passion, the edge, the culture of being where you truly felt you belonged. Now it’s more akin to going to Thorpe Park… and then queuing for hours only to find the rides don’t work properly.

I will miss the away days. But then I was lucky enough to do Ajax in the CL Semi - and you can’t get a bigger or better away day outcome then I saw that night.

Time to hold on to that and move on.

No need to figure it out , if they have one they’ll tell you
In my experience that is bollocks. Anytime I tell someone I go to Spurs they always ask if I'm a Season Ticket holder. I never volunteer it.

Bit weird to me that ST holders that are the lifeblood of the club are seen as the 'bad guys' because they indirectly keep ENIC from selling up.

Well it got to nearly 10% when people had already paid 20% this season.

Cost of living increases and shit football might be too much for some to put up with I guess.

General feeling is a lot say they won’t renew. But like the godfather….it sucks you back in!! It’s an addiction for most. Hard habit to break.
That’s for the hard core 25k who have ST’s at old place. There are another 25k that don’t have the heritage and more likely to bin it

Was there really a minimum commitment for corporate boxes? Like are they locked in for a few years at least? Does the quality of the football even matter, as long as the prawn is fresh?
It would feel weird to have a fancy matchday meetup at a dead end club.

I know the initial idea was for some if not all the main boxes were 5/10 years commitment.

You could basically design the layout yourself so they were not all the same.

Not sure about the other options where you just get a little booth to sit in.

That’s for the hard core 25k who have ST’s at old place. There are another 25k that don’t have the heritage and more likely to bin it
You may be right but there are legacy / heritage fans like me, WHL STH, and I and others are very likely to bin it. The whole experience has been sanitised to pointlessness.

You may be right but there are legacy / heritage fans like me, WHL STH, and I and others are very likely to bin it. The whole experience has been sanitised to pointlessness.
Agree - just think the legacy fans are less likely to bin it. But yeah, plenty of those legacy fans will still bin it

He’s going to have to cut pricing by a third or spend c.500M

3 billion LOL

Back
Top Bottom