Tottenham Hotspur v Wolverhampton Wanderers 2pm Sunday 13th of Feb

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you here to make a point or are you that bored you're just gonna randomly attack people over the Internet? Or are you actually for once gonna say something worthwhile...

We can start now, I've got all the faith in the world in you Mick, debate away.
I did, you're just too arrogant to believe that someone thinks your analysis was poor

The thing is though you have to say that we weren't making these silly errors when we were in our run, when we're picking up points around Xmas, defensive errors like this weren't creeping in, in fact I thought Conte did well to iron them out.

Seems like they've crept back in our game, we are no longer defending as a team anymore and the back line looks shaky again, we've seen this before many times, we just have incredibly inconsistent players with weak mentalities.

I think Conte did seem to improve facets of our defending, but possibly more importantly, he seemed to improve facets of our attacking much more, which had become utterly devoid under Mourinho and Nuno. So whilst we have been still making mistakes, individual and collective, we had started being able to compensate for them by incrementally improving on them a little, but massively improving on our attacking output. Conte got us back to where we were in later stage Poch, outscoring our shitness.

Even the game against Southampton we actually bettered their XG, despite them having so many shots.

You silly individual. Keep your asinine pseudo intellectual claptrap to yourself thanks. This is football, not the beginning of the descent of civilization into the arms of a totalitarian regime of despotic leadership.

Grow the fuck up

I bet you had an A in English at school. Great. Everything goes about getting what you deserve. If you don't have the money to buy it. You have to find a way to control it. In this instance, the head of the institution, Aka Levy, only knows money. You want change, hit him where it hurts. But expecting you to understand your own power is like trying to teach a lamp post some of that high English you used.

Stop being a victim. Grow a pair. Or do you like being fed crap on a spoon while paying for Caviar.

It seems I'm his biggest proponent. Just to be clear, I do recognise his overeagerness, and that does sometimes backfire. I like him despite that, not because I haven't noticed it.

He clearly needs a partner like Dier to do the things he can't. I think we should encourage his natural game, cos too many in this side (like Dier himself) like to drop off e..g Ziyech goal.

His 1v1 seems decent, he does concede some cheap free kicks, but is still a level above Sanchez just leans into the attacker till falls and gets a free kick.

All that aside he is our only defender who is comfortable with the ball.

I think it's really time to worry if we are depending on Dier to be the solution. As you say, he's the chief dropper offer, and he tends to drag others back with him. And Romero seems to be doing this when we are defending crosses or balls into the box.

I think his 1 v1 defending when he's up some attacking from behind is ok, but I'm less convinced about his reading and dexterity when he's face on 1 v1 with attackers. I haven't seen this loads, so I could be wrong, but a couple of times I have seen it, he's looked less than convincing.

Just out of interest, what is it you think Dier does that Romero can't?

Technically,

No. He was very much actually sacked.

We didn't pay him severance pay in the name of charity or good will.

but he was gone long before then. He said that making the final was the pinnacle of his achievements, unless things changed.

No he didn't...... He made some weirdo comments that if we won he'd call it a day.

Yet when we didn't win the CL; he didn't stand down or leave.

........He went shopping with the clubs money instead.

Only N'dombele was anything like a big signing, after typical Levy manoeuvring around realistic transfer targets.

We spent 120m on 3 players that he'd picked (+ 10m for Clarke whom he argued wasn't his pick)

Last edited:
I bet you had an A in English at school. Great. Everything goes about getting what you deserve. If you don't have the money to buy it. You have to find a way to control it. In this instance, the head of the institution, Aka Levy, only knows money. You want change, hit him where it hurts. But expecting you to understand your own power is like trying to teach a lamp post some of that high English you used.

Stop being a victim. Grow a pair. Or do you like being fed crap on a spoon while paying for Caviar.
I'm not the one whining about being a victim, you are.
I'm not the one bitching about the management of one of the top ten financially successful football teams on the planet, like I have a better plan on how to run one.

Take a look at every club that ditched it's stadium for a new ground in the last 30 odd years and you will see a club whose football team slumped straight afterwards for a protracted period whilst they had to pay the mortgage off. Sunderland, Coventry Stoke all got it wrong and look at them now. The goons nosedived but kept winning just enough, but nowhere like before. It's like you buying a bigger house and having to drive Korean and Japanese cars instead of German ones.

I did, you're just too arrogant to believe that someone thinks your analysis was poor

Well you didn't did you, you just disagreed with it without even attempting to back it up with an explanation or explain why you disagreed with it, I mean I'm sure you learnt this in school but that's not making a point at all and looking at the rest of your posts in here just now it looks like someone is craving attention, feeling a bit lonely are we Mick? It is V Day afterall so I'll humour you if that's how you get your kicks. x

I'm not the one whining about being a victim, you are.
I'm not the one bitching about the management of one of the top ten financially successful football teams on the planet, like I have a better plan on how to run one.

Take a look at every club that ditched it's stadium for a new ground in the last 30 odd years and you will see a club whose football team slumped straight afterwards for a protracted period whilst they had to pay the mortgage off. Sunderland, Coventry Stoke all got it wrong and look at them now. The goons nosedived but kept winning just enough, but nowhere like before. It's like you buying a bigger house and having to drive Korean and Japanese cars instead of German ones.

Alas the truth is revealed. Just another Levy supporter who enjoys Vegan Pies, More watering holes and looking at the beautiful stadium more than actually watching football. We all have our preference. Mine will be streaming and wearing my 1980s jerseys until such day I get proper football from Levy and Co or the new owners.

No. He was very much actually sacked.

We didn't pay him severance pay in the name of charity or good will.

No he didn't...... He made some weirdo comments that if we won he'd call it a day.

Yet when we didn't win the CL; he didn't stand down or leave.

........He went shopping with the clubs money instead.

We spend 120m on 3 players that he'd picked (+ 10m for Clarke whom he argued wasn't his pick)
Oh I'm sorry, hadn't realised you had a personal insight into everything that goes on in the club.
Have your own take on it, you have a million opinions, a few more won't matter.
We threw the baby out with the bathwater when we dumped Pochettino, he had already made a silk purse out of a sows ear, and it was stupid to believe that he could still get a tune out of the squad he got to that final. A major revamp was needed but he didn't get what he needed.
I'd you are still struggling to understand the magnitude of the error - look at the revolving door on managers under Levy, before and after Poch. Do you see a difference?
He was the one worth keeping - I suspect Conte is as well, but he is more volatile and will piss off when his patience runs out.

Mick Cooper....Igula
Do you have American spellcheckers...??
critisiZIng.....civiliZation..?
Aren't you both home grown?

Last edited:
Just out of interest, what is it you think Dier does that Romero can't?
Not a lot, but he seems to be the only vocal person in defence trying to keep things organised.

Better at defending aerial long balls e.g. opposition goal kick. He's so massive, and strong that he can just tower over and outmuscle most strikers. He usually gets a good meaty header too, not like Sanchez.

He's also better at defensive set piece headers, (not as good as he should be). Again, big, strong, and gets good contact.

Dier this season has been doing a fair impression of Toby with his pings to Reguilon, Son etc. Romero can do it too, but probably not as good as Dier.

Basically a budget Van Dijk.

Well you didn't did you, you just disagreed with it without even attempting to back it up with an explanation or explain why you disagreed with it, I mean I'm sure you learnt this in school but that's not making a point at all and looking at the rest of your posts in here just now it looks like someone is craving attention, feeling a bit lonely are we Mick? It is V Day afterall so I'll humour you if that's how you get your kicks. x
I've read your opinions on tactics and why things happen in games. I don't see the point in discussing anything with you, as you seem to have a gap between reality and your "grasp" of things. I need your attention like I need the dose of Covid that I've got, thanks very much.

He wouldn't get an A in English if he spells civilisation with a Z.......

Oh I'm sorry, hadn't realised you had a personal insight into everything that goes on in the club.

Just you that has that insight innit, Mr 'Poch wasn't really sacked'? :dawsonlol:

Have your own take on it, you have a million opinions, a few more won't matter.
We threw the baby out with the bathwater when we dumped Pochettino, he had already made a silk purse out of a sows ear, and it was stupid to believe that he could still get a tune out of the squad he got to that final. A major revamp was needed but he didn't get what he needed.
I'd you are still struggling to understand the magnitude of the error - look at the revolving door on managers under Levy, before and after Poch. Do you see a difference?
He was the one worth keeping - I suspect Conte is as well, but he is more volatile and will piss off when his patience runs out.

Moving the goalposts and deviating towards other things won't change the raw bones of the FACTS I just presented to you......

To recap..... Poch was SACKED.

Just seen the goals....... fucking comedy gold. And what is more worrying it’s how better Wolves players look on the ball compared to those at a club with “ambition that still plays Winks after 4 years of recycling the squad”.

Alas the truth is revealed. Just another Levy supporter who enjoys Vegan Pies, More watering holes and looking at the beautiful stadium more than actually watching football. We all have our preference. Mine will be streaming and wearing my 1980s jerseys until such day I get proper football from Levy and Co or the new owners.

......You mean the same Mick Cooper Mick Cooper who is keenly criticising Levy on the very same page as your post?

Gazzapen Gazzapen you really are a special kind. 🤡

Just seen the goals....... fucking comedy gold. And what is more worrying it’s how better Wolves players look on the ball compared to those at a club with “ambition that still plays Winks after 4 years of recycling the squad”.

Who ya quoting there, fella?

Back
Top Bottom