Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's been more than obvious PEA has a dodgy attitude and was increasingly dialing it in.... He was club captain and on the biggest wages yet (eg) turned up late for a NLD and reportedly went awol on other occasions.

This is no defense of Arteta, but loads of the goons accepted that PEA was a bad egg...... We're just seeing typical gooner revisionism here from both some of their fans, but also within yours and other posts here.

Yeah mans a cunt no doubt but although it's fantastic they did so I genuinely can't believe they are still paying his wages apaz, and paid Barca to get take him away, then didn't replace him.

They spent all Jan chasing Vlahovic who basically said in the press I'm not joining anyone not in the CL end off. Conned there fans that they was close to getting him just for him to obviously not join them and end up at Juve. Panicked tried to sign that Isak only to be told to fuck off or pay 75million due to how late it was just to end up with nobody.

And then Arteta came out with something like the right player wasn't available.

If we had conducted our business even half as bad as that in Jan there would have been riots outside the stadium. It's legit like if we had ended up selling Kane in the summer and not bought anyone in to replace him and ended up sticking Lucas up front. It's genuinely laughable how fucking bad they are currently being managed.

Yeah mans a cunt no doubt but although it's fantastic they did so I genuinely can't believe they are still paying his wages apaz, and paid Barca to get take him away, then didn't replace him.

They spent all Jan chasing Vlahovic who basically said in the press I'm not joining anyone not in the CL end off. Conned there fans that they was close to getting him just for him to obviously not join them and end up at Juve. Panicked tried to sign that Isak only to be told to fuck off or pay 75million due to how late it was just to end up with nobody.

If we had conducted our business even half as bad as that in Jan there would have been riots outside the stadium. It's legit like if we had ended up selling Kane in the summer and notz bought anyone in to replace him and ended up sticking Lucas up front. It's genuinely laughable how fucking bad they are currently being managed.

Yeah and some of the mental gymnastics from Woolwich fans surrounding this is down right mental, saying that they are happy they saved wages and trimmed the squad, utterley bizzare.

I don't even know what's going on over there but the expectations have fallen from a great height and now it seems the fans are accepting the BS that comes from the club.

If we had conducted our business even half as bad as that in Jan there would have been riots outside the stadium. It's legit like if we had ended up selling Kane in the summer and not bought anyone in to replace him and ended up sticking Lucas up front. It's genuinely laughable how fucking bad they are currently being managed.

Sure, but there's 2 parts to the equation.

- Binning PEA can be strongly argued to be the correct decision.
- Failing to replace him is the prevailing fuck up.... And not something Arteta would have played an active part in.

(It's not the same as us selling Kane though...... 1) He's not toxic. 2) He's a MUCH better player and 3) we'd have had a pocket full of dosh to find a replacement...... The irony here is that in the same Jan; we in fact binned two high paid dossers, opted for 4 out 2 in and got better! :D )

Last edited:
Yeah and some of the mental gymnastics from Woolwich fans surrounding this is down right mental, saying that they are happy they saved wages and trimmed the squad, utterley bizzare.

I don't even know what's going on over there but the expectations have fallen from a great height and now it seems the fans are accepting the BS that comes from the club.
I know a fanbase closer to home which has some who celebrated our net spend and defended our lack of signings when we were flying under Poch and building the new stadium. Fortunately we are now past that and off the ENIC Koolaid, we’ll most anyway! :levyeyes:

Sure, but there's 2 parts to the equation.

- Binning PEA can be strongly argue to be the correct decision.
- Failing to replace him is the prevailing fuck up.... And not something Arteta would have played an active part in.

(It's not the same as us selling Kane though...... 1) He's not toxic. 2) He's a MUCH better player and 3) we'd have had a pocket full of dosh to find a replacement...... The irony here is that in the same Jan; we in fact binned two high paid dossers, opted for 4 out 2 in and got better! :D )

I heard he did have a part in similar to Poch he wanted one player wasn't willing to compromise either way it's fucked them

And all true mate but I meant in regard to getting rid off your best goal scorer over the last few seasons and not replacing him at all, disregarding the other factors.

But yeah your right mate our business to there's is night and day and I love it.

Thinking about where the two clubs are now and where they were even in 2016 is mind boggling.

They had a bigger stadium, much bigger names in the squad, much more recent success etc etc. Our wage bill would have been roughly a third of theirs, a little more than Everton's. Our revenue was less than half.

In the last 2/3 years we have had more star players than them, we have the shiny new stadium while theirs is a rusting hulk. We have finished above them 5 years in a row, played a CL final, and CL is becoming a bit of hazy memory for them.

We hire managers like Mourinho and Conte to get us back on track, they're stuck with trust the process. Now they can't even outspend us. We literally have more revenue too.

It's not looking good for them in the next few years either.

He's done as a player but he's got into double figures for Barcelona...okay then.

He's a better goalscorer than Lacazette that's for sure but I'd rather have a hardworking, energetic, aggressive player over him any day of the week.

Here are is goals for Barca, absolutely nothing special about any of them, I rate the header where he got across the defender as the best (for this reason too, at least he had to beat an oppo player). With the two longer-range shots the keepers practically chucked the ball into his own net!!

Goals are aginst:
Lavante
Galatasary
Osasuna
Athletic Club
Valencia
The only good sides are Real Madrid (who were shit that day) & Napoli.

Given where Barca is financially right now I'd sell him seeing people think he's actually a good player, his stock will never be as high whilst this perceived bubble exists, imagine taking a player for no fee and within 6months getting +£25m for a soon to be (June) 33yr old.

Thinking about where the two clubs are now and where they were even in 2016 is mind boggling.

They had a bigger stadium, much bigger names in the squad, much more recent success etc etc. Our wage bill would have been roughly a third of theirs, a little more than Everton's. Our revenue was less than half.

In the last 2/3 years we have had more star players than them, we have the shiny new stadium while theirs is a rusting hulk. We have finished above them 5 years in a row, played a CL final, and CL is becoming a bit of hazy memory for them.

We hire managers like Mourinho and Conte to get us back on track, they're stuck with trust the process. Now they can't even outspend us. We literally have more revenue too.

It's not looking good for them in the next few years either.

What's even more mind boggling is that we finished above them in that time. Despite Poch not winning an away game in a year.

Jose stinking the place out as he left, having mason as a manager. Having Nuno as a manager. And the transfer fuck ups.

This was there chance to get above us and back into the CL.

We wasted almost half a season on the Nuno mess and Conte bedding in. United shit the bed and are a mess and West ham are well west ham. If they can't get 4th this year they won't be for a long time IMO. Especially with debt and players running down contracts. They really are a mess

I know a fanbase closer to home which has some who celebrated our net spend and defended our lack of signings when we were flying under Poch and building the new stadium. Fortunately we are now past that and off the ENIC Koolaid, we’ll most anyway! :levyeyes:

Ooh that one cut deep man :pochserious2:

Most overrated player in world football
Not quite..........................

Bournemouths-Jack-Wilshere-receives-medical-attention.jpg

Right, can we get back to LAUGHING at Gooners please.....

.....Thats more than enough bigging up Twatayang and likening them to the Mighty Lilywhites.

He's a better goalscorer than Lacazette that's for sure but I'd rather have a hardworking, energetic, aggressive player over him any day of the week.

Here are is goals for Barca, absolutely nothing special about any of them, I rate the header where he got across the defender as the best (for this reason too, at least he had to beat an oppo player). With the two longer-range shots the keepers practically chucked the ball into his own net!!

Goals are aginst:
Lavante
Galatasary
Osasuna
Athletic Club
Valencia
The only good sides are Real Madrid (who were shit that day) & Napoli.

Given where Barca is financially right now I'd sell him seeing people think he's actually a good player, his stock will never be as high whilst this perceived bubble exists, imagine taking a player for no fee and within 6months getting +£25m for a soon to be (June) 33yr old.

So we've actually got to a point where you're criticising his type of goals despite the fact that the club who sold him are in desperate need a goalscorer? I mean what are we even doing here? 🤷‍♀️

Even if Woolwich's style of play they'd prefer a player who presses and tracks back, no-one said that you shouldn't have a goalscorer on the bench to change the game when you're other players aren't scoring.

You have to ask yourself that if Aubamayeng doesn't press, isn't energetic or aggressive then why was he doing it before under Arteta until recently and how comes Xavi is able to get that out of him now?

So we've actually got to a point where you're criticising his type of goals despite the fact that the club who sold him are in desperate need a goalscorer? I mean what are we even doing here? 🤷‍♀️

Even if Woolwich's style of play they'd prefer a player who presses and tracks back, no-one said that you shouldn't have a goalscorer on the bench to change the game when you're other players aren't scoring.

You have to ask yourself that if Aubamayeng doesn't press, isn't energetic or aggressive then why was he doing it before under Arteta until recently and how comes Xavi is able to get that out of him now?

I've not watched 1 second of him at Barca, but is he? .....Or is he just poaching?

I've not watched 1 second of him at Barca, but is he? .....Or is he just poaching?

His game is still based on poaching, he doesn't get involved in the build up play as much as Benzema or Kane but he counter presses and closes down angles a lot more now, he has to anyway, Xavi's game is based on Pep's.

His game is still based on poaching, he doesn't get involved in the build up play as much as Benzema or Kane but he counter presses and closes down angles a lot more now, he has to anyway, Xavi's game is based on Pep's.
He doesn’t have to. He’s decided to because he’s motivated to play and prove himself for a prestigious club. He was a disgrace at Woolwich.

Back
Top Bottom