Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

cant believe we still signed this lazy fuck

was there no evidence in his early lyon days of this

Apparently there was some talk about him being lazy with weight problems and not a team player etc but we took a punt because he’s obviously skilled but if Poch Jose Nuno and Conte can’t get a tune out of him then he’s a cunt we have to get rid of no matter what

Hidden by moments of contemptuous brilliance against very good sides. Let's not pretend we don't know how we got here. He is a player uniquely suited to how people watch football now. On tiny screens or analysis boothes. Go to tge grounds watch these mugs off the ball multiple times.
Don’t forget the XG and how many metres are covered each game!!

cant believe we still signed this lazy fuck

was there no evidence in his early lyon days of this

Quite a bit, tbh.

"Did not really give the impression of wanting to surpass oneself" - Teammate of Ndombele at one of his clubs before Lyon.

He was then rejected by multiple clubs due to weight issues. Turned it around and got a move to Lyon, but even there he regularly was criticised by his manager for lacking concentration & consistency despite a whole load of talent. So pretty much his whole career questions over his mentality and commitment have existed.

Signs were there, but Poch was enamoured, the club saw someone with some tools to replace Dembele and decided to spend a record fee.. rest is history.

Gold:
It was a disappointing week for Ndombele. The 25-year-old Frenchman had been struggling with an injury ahead of Lyon's Europa League quarter-final second leg against West Ham and he only managed 45 minutes on the night as the French side slipped to a 3-0 defeat at home.

The midfielder then didn't appear in Lyon's Ligue 1 game on Sunday as they romped to a 6-1 victory at home against Bordeaux.
(Not even on the bench).

Don't know what he's gonna do now, he's only gonna come back here next season and play for the reserves, at this rate no-one's gonna touch him are they?

Don't know what he's gonna do now, he's only gonna come back here next season and play for the reserves, at this rate no-one's gonna touch him are they?
reserves?
Will just loan him out again. He took a bit of a pay cut to go to Lyon but he doesn’t look particularly interested when playing for Lyon vs West Ham.
Got a 2/10 from L’Equipe for that performance.
Will have 2 yrs left with one year option on his contract. Is there anyone out there daft enough to give us 20m for him.

reserves?
Will just loan him out again. He took a bit of a pay cut to go to Lyon but he doesn’t look particularly interested when playing for Lyon vs West Ham.
Got a 2/10 from L’Equipe for that performance.
Will have 2 yrs left with one year option on his contract. Is there anyone out there daft enough to give us 20m for him.
No one will take him for free let alone give us 20 million.

Don’t forget the XG and how many metres are covered each game!!

It's absolutely amazing how different a football match is when you're there.
NO commentary bending the truth of what's happening
NO replays
NO stats to try to warp what's happening
NO limits on who you can watch at any time (especially in my lofy seat)

It used to boil my fucking piss watching Eriksen in his last year, casually jog around the middle of the park going nowhere near the ball. I'd then get home and see some prick praising him for running 10k. That's EASY.
Then there is the pass completion stats - fuck off. Watching a player from the stands dither on the ball then knock it back to a team mate is not successful. It's hindrance.

Highlights, stats, metrics, they can all show what someone wants you to see specifically. They don't allow you to form your own opinion.
And even full live TV coverage is not always indicative of what is going on.

Fuck! He’ll be back stinking up the place again…. I’m torn between deactivating his swipe card and relegating him to the u23s ( or any where we can extract some value with out him destroying the culture)

NO replays

It used to boil my fucking piss watching Eriksen in his last year, casually jog around the middle of the park going nowhere near the ball. I'd then get home and see some prick praising him for running 10k. That's EASY.
Then there is the pass completion stats - fuck off. Watching a player from the stands dither on the ball then knock it back to a team mate is not successful. It's hindrance.

Highlights, stats, metrics, they can all show what someone wants you to see specifically. They don't allow you to form your own opinion.

The crazy thing is loads on here never go to games and also never played the game to appreciate the level these players are actually at. .

Just rely on twitter and tv to tell them what’s happening.

Almost clueless.

But opinions elbows assholes etc etc

NO replays

I turn the commentary off most games now (it used to be just ours), especially if it is Martin fucking Tyler. It is a completely different experience and definitely a better one. Having it on for the games Sky are covering or BT when Liverpool play are just horrendous.

Not in the Lyon squad yesterday. Lyon won 5-2.
OL are 8th, 4 points of 6th and 4 games to play.
Lyon are not even fannying that he has a minor injury.

Back
Top Bottom