Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nobody is riding in to save us on this one. Pretty clear at this point that the key issue is a total lack of any kind of drive or determination, hence why he used to pop up in the odd big fixture then shrink away again for extended periods.

Talents all there. He may well mature late at some point in his life and like a Taraabt forge a career somewhere decent in a league which suits him. But there's no sign whatsoever that current Ndombele is interested in anything other than coasting, he got the ridiculous salary and he'll sit on it.

Who would want him?
Certainly not any team with euro aspirations.
The only hope we have is that he decides he actually wants to play football. He used to be a France international. The WC is coming up.
Yep its sad but appears he has no real desire to play professional football. We'll just have to keep loaning him for partial wages and hope he has a "come to jesus" moment. Maybe an offer might come in where he is willing to accept lower wages on a permanent move, and whatever is offered we should take it.

Had the misfortune of watching the match last night and he was as bad as the hot-takes suggest. The guy goes out of his way to put himself in positions to not have to do anything. Certainly defensively, and even with the ball, for all his ability and occasional highlight reel moments, the vast majority of the time he hides himself away so he doesn't have to do anything and can have a breather.

Spineless? Lazy? Unfit? Probably all of them to be honest.
Yup, it's actually a lot worse than he was at Spurs. Mourinho got a lot wrong but it seems he was actually spending huge amount energy just to keep this fat bastard usable for 60 mins per game.

if most of us had the skill level that Tanguy has we would want to show it every game,
you hope for a player with the ronald mentality instead the paul pogba (only does it when he wants to)

if most of us had the skill level that Tanguy has we would want to show it every game,
you hope for a player with the ronald mentality instead the paul pogba (only does it when he wants to)
I’m not convinced of his skill level tbh there’s a thousand freestylers who can do what he does. No left foot, can’t head or tackle, no pace, very few goals or assists - what exactly are his skills?

he has great close control that allows he to beat and move past players, he can see a pass
its just he can't be bothered or not interested

he maybe like a few footballers he is just a pro footballer because it pays him well

I’m not convinced of his skill level tbh there’s a thousand freestylers who can do what he does. No left foot, can’t head or tackle, no pace, very few goals or assists - what exactly are his skills?
Skills? All you can eat buffets and an overinflated sends of entitlement (thinks he’s deserves to play for Real/Barca/Bayern!!!). Blokes a pudding of a player and will have to give away or pay most of his wages the next 3 years.

He's got a fantastic through ball/final pass, but not even close to good enough in every other aspect of the game.

Has he though? I’m not being argumentative but I can barely think of any in his two seasons. Compared to Kane’s passing he’s a complete duffer
There's been a few, Kane goal against Liverpool this season is one.

Has he though? I’m not being argumentative but I can barely think of any in his two seasons. Compared to Kane’s passing he’s a complete duffer
His only major strengths are his dribbling and holding on to the ball, his weird gait and low centre of gravity helps. It's also part of his problem as he knows he can get out of situations in tight spaces so doesn't move into space as much and asks for the ball in stupid positions.

Not hard enough, not committed enough, a complete waste of potential. He's not even really impressing in a familiar environment. I can't fucking stand him.

If we are willing to cover most of his wage there will surely be one or two teams in France or Spain willing to take a punt. Probably not the teams that he envisions himself playing for, but at this point the lad can hardly be picky.

Sadly enough that's exactly what he can afford to do until his contract ends.....

It's not like he's brimming with desire to play the game.

Nobody is riding in to save us on this one. Pretty clear at this point that the key issue is a total lack of any kind of drive or determination, hence why he used to pop up in the odd big fixture then shrink away again for extended periods.

Talents all there. He may well mature late at some point in his life and like a Taraabt forge a career somewhere decent in a league which suits him. But there's no sign whatsoever that current Ndombele is interested in anything other than coasting, he got the ridiculous salary and he'll sit on it.
He’ll fucking crush it.

disappointed come on GIF

Considerable speed at opening a KFC bargain bucket?

Back
Top Bottom