Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My first posts after his transfer:
On the missing list 1st half, bit better 2nd half. Early days.
That was the champions we were playing.
TBH I was expecting a bit more because supposedly it was his display v City last season that earned him his transfer.

Each and every one of our recent big overseas transfers have struggled and most have flopped. 90% of our signings of English proven players have been excellent.
I am not writing TND off and hopefully he and GLC become big stars for us but we paid a combined £104 m for these 2 and TND is reported to be on massive wages
How much would Coutinho and Can have cost?

Not sure about this guy. He was bashed up a couple of times by players not as strong looking. He made a crazy pass to setup a dangerous Soton move.
He is skilful for sure and has shown strength in patches in other games. He made a couple of real good passes today but he needs more effort and consistency.

Poch took him off for a reason. Goes on the missing list every single game and does not track back.

Him and Aurier got Mourinho the sack last season.
So it was Aurier and Ndombele that refused to put on Bale last season? Likewise whenever we got 1-0 up in a game last season it was those 2 players who decided to get their team mates to sit on the lead usually to surrender it in the dying embers?
They may not have helped but I think you’ll find that Mourinho got Mourinho the sack last season

Last edited:
Hands down the most overpriced footballer in modern history. And we bought him.

Plenty can make claim for that title but not disagreeing with the general sentiment.

It's hard to break into mindset and personality of people we don't know, let alone those we do so I want to add balance to any sense of disappointment. By that I mean I doubt Ndombele himself is happy that he is seeing his career buzz past him.

I look at like this. We slated Alli and we give sh!t to Winks and all the others in between and clearly they would all want to be the very best they could be.

We got that from Alli and it was magical for 3 or 4 years. Winks, a much more limited player did good for us for a while.

Ndombele, for all his natural football talent gave us next to nothing but I think unless he sees a psychologist it's over and we ain't getting much for him unless Newcastle cam be duped.

Plenty can make claim for that title but not disagreeing with the general sentiment.

It's hard to break into mindset and personality of people we don't know, let alone those we do so I want to add balance to any sense of disappointment. By that I mean I doubt Ndombele himself is happy that he is seeing his career buzz past him.

I look at like this. We slated Alli and we give sh!t to Winks and all the others in between and clearly they would all want to be the very best they could be.

We got that from Alli and it was magical for 3 or 4 years. Winks, a much more limited player did good for us for a while.

Ndombele, for all his natural football talent gave us next to nothing but I think unless he sees a psychologist it's over and we ain't getting much for him unless Newcastle cam be duped.
With Dele, you can see there is a genuine sadness and confusion about him - he knows he's lost whatever he had, and even worse, he doesn't know why. He needs to go to Peru and take Ayahausca or something.

I just don't get that sense about Ndombele. He hates grafting and being part of a team, and has made enough money to not worry about his future. I don't blame him, I blame the scouts and people writing the cheques.

With Dele, you can see there is a genuine sadness and confusion about him - he knows he's lost whatever he had, and even worse, he doesn't know why.

I just don't get that sense about Ndombele. He hates grafting and being part of a team, and has made enough money to not worry about his future. I don't blame him, I blame the scouts and people writing the cheques.

I think the two are perfect examples and provide great contrast.

I think with Alli it is however quite simple. He wanted to make it to the top. He did. And he did it by not thinking about his football but by being unbelievably instinctive. He was also a prodigious grafter and genuinely carried some angst, as if to say don't get in my way as I fight to get to the top. What a player he was.

Ndombele the opposite.

Bizarrely we bought in one, some hope and aside from selling at a huge price, got great service for a fair portion.

The other we bought what we thought was all but certain and well what to say.

In truth it happens. Look at Pepe for Woolwich. Cost even more. Done just as little, even if his seems to be less about fitness as opposed to whatever it is. Van De Beek United....

Last edited:
I honestly can’t see anyone taking him. Should flog him to China with the promise of lots of $ and lots of noodles.

Fat lazy greedy c***

He is a luxury player with loads of talent but no inclination to work hard and be a team player. No place in the PL for that type of player but in a strong team in a lessor league he could do well.

Back
Top Bottom