Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It doesn't matter a jot what he does at Lyon (or Lo Celso for that matter). Both had ample chances to show what they were capable of and both showed that they were not suited to the PL, and in the case of Ndombele simply not bothered. We are better off rid of both of them.

It doesn't matter a jot what he does at Lyon (or Lo Celso for that matter). Both had ample chances to show what they were capable of and both showed that they were not suited to the PL, and in the case of Ndombele simply not bothered. We are better off rid of both of them.
Of course it matters. What he and Lo Celso accomplish on loan will determine whether clubs have interest in them come the summer. Neither of them belong with us, or in England, but they're both good players we need to sell.

Of course it matters. What he and Lo Celso accomplish on loan will determine whether clubs have interest in them come the summer. Neither of them belong with us, or in England, but they're both good players we need to sell.
I agree, I was thinking about people saying that they were showing us something, showing their real quality. That's what doesn't matter. They didn't show it for us.

He had a pretty good game. Him, Mendes or Dawson motm for me in a game of fairly average quality. He'd be a good signing for lots of teams if he wasn't on 200kpw.
Dawson for me. I don't think Lyon had a solid chance all evening. Very lucky goal.
But Ndombele passed the ball well including a few forward passes and he had a couple of decent efforts on goal.
Despite last night being extremely boring I will watch the return leg and see how our loanee gets on and I sincerely hope he can be voted MOTM again.

Dawson for me. I don't think Lyon had a solid chance all evening. Very lucky goal.
But Ndombele passed the ball well including a few forward passes and he had a couple of decent efforts on goal.
Despite last night being extremely boring I will watch the return leg and see how our loanee gets on and I sincerely hope he can be voted MOTM again.

:levywtf:

Last edited:

anguy Ndombele capped off what was a good week for Tottenham Hotspur loanees in European competitions. In the 66th minute against West Ham United, the France international provided the game-tying goal.

Furthermore, the midfielder completed 88 of 95 passes for a 93-percent completion percentage. Ndombele also had 119 touches and one key pass, along with winning nine of 15 duels.

During a segment on BBC Sport (via Spurs Web), Clinton Morrison praised Tanguy Ndombele for busting a gut to get into the box against West Ham but pondered why the France international never did these types of plays while in north London.

“Ndombele makes that goal and gets in the box to finish it,” Morrison said. “He plays a brilliant, incisive ball to Tete, who does ever so well and squares up Ben Johnson. Ndombele does what he never did at Tottenham, making the box and sticking it into an empty net.”

Tottenham should be concerned over the only thing is hoping Ndombele continues to show this form to get at least some of the fee they paid for when they purchased the midfielder from Olympique Lyonnais in 2019.

Seeing Ndombele perform like this could trigger a club to put forth an offer that allows Spurs not to suffer a significant loss from their original investment.

Gold:

It was a very mixed week for Ndombele. On Thursday night he scored an important goal as Lyon drew 1-1 at West Ham in the first leg of their Europa League quarter-final at the London Stadium.

West Ham boss David Moyes said of the Spurs midfielder: "I thought he played very well, he was probably the best player on the pitch. I don't think we helped that but I have to give him credit for the way he played. He is a France international, so he played well."

However, the 25-year-old then came in for criticism for his performance in Lyon's 1-1 draw at Strasbourg on Sunday evening in Ligue 1.

In Get French Football News' player ratings from the match they gave Ndombele a mark of only three, with the review: "After a domineering display in midweek against West Ham in Europe, this was a weak and lacklustre outing as Sissoko and Ahoulou overran him and Aouar in the first hour. His dithering was chiefly to blame for Sissoko’s goal, who was allowed to sneak to poke home."

Hopefully tonight is the night he puts in his best performance for Spurs!!!

Injured lol
Lyon trio Anthony Lopes, Houssem Aouar and Tanguy Ndombele have all missed training this morning (Tuesday) ahead of Thursday’s Europa League clash with West Ham.

That’s according to a report from RMC Sport who claim that it is unclear as to whether any of the three players mentioned above will be fit in time to face the Hammers.

Lyon trio Anthony Lopes, Houssem Aouar and Tanguy Ndombele have all missed training this morning (Tuesday) ahead of Thursday’s Europa League clash with West Ham.

That’s according to a report from RMC Sport who claim that it is unclear as to whether any of the three players mentioned above will be fit in time to face the Hammers.

FFS! :contefacepalm2:

Back
Top Bottom