Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Definitely think Regi is off this summer. The guy is made of glass.

Don't get the dislike for Emerson though. Didn't he play well in games against Man City and played in the 2-2 against the Dippers at Christmas. He's not the best player in the world but I certainly don't think he's as bad as what people make him out to be.

Don't get the dislike for Emerson though. Didn't he play well in games against Man City and played in the 2-2 against the Dippers at Christmas. He's not the best player in the world but I certainly don't think he's as bad as what people make him out to be.

He was awful in the 2-2 draw with Liverpool (our worst player on the day) and Cancelo bullied him against City. He just happened to be on the winning team.

Main thing I want from this match is no injuries/no red cards. Hopefully Cuti gets this - however tempted he is to leave something on his fellow South American, Diaz, he needs to chill out. We need everyone fit and available for Woolwich.

Well Royal is ok but not ok for a PL club with ambition for top 4, trophies and to challenge for the title one day.
He can defend a bit, he can pass back and sideways but useless once crossed the halfway line.

Serge was miles better but for the freekicks and pens conceded.

Basically both cr@p purchased by this clueless :levyeyes:.

Main thing I want from this match is no injuries/no red cards. Hopefully Cuti gets this - however tempted he is to leave something on his fellow South American, Diaz, he needs to chill out. We need everyone fit and available for Woolwich.
I’d rather have 3 points

can we keep Marta?

Why don't you get the dislike?
I personally for example do not hate him. But I just see that fundamentally he is very bad at football and he cannot fill the position we would need him to fill.

He is in 98th percentile for pressures, so he runs around a lot. But at the same time
his SUCCESS in these pressures is in ... 4th percentile.... so 96% players are better at this in his position across top 5 leagues in Europe (!!)
He basically is a traffic cone, as emphasized by "dribbled past" statistic where he is in 18th percentile...

Not to mention his contribution to help our attacks -
- progressive passing distance - 15th percentile
- progressive passes - 33th
- pass completion (short) - 60th
- pass completion (medium) - 58th
- pass completion (long) - 56th
- long passes attempted - 10th
- passes into final 3rd - 4th
- crosses into penalty area - 27th
- carries- 57th

He is just poor all around - cant pass (long nor short), cant carry, don't cross.
So there is something very wrong with this lad ability.

But you can always have opposing view. I would in fact like to know what he is good at? What attributes does he have that should make us keep him and fans like him? Honest question here.

But you can always have opposing view. I would in fact like to know what he is good at? What attributes does he have that should make us keep him and fans like him? Honest question here.

He works hard. Nice bloke, seems to have a good personality & the other players seem to get on with him as a result. I've got nothing against him and it clearly isn't an issue with application or attitude, he's just fundamentally not good enough.

I do like his tenacity. He doesn't shy away from physical challenges.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

He works hard. Nice bloke, seems to have a good personality & the other players seem to get on with him as a result. I've got nothing against him and it clearly isn't an issue with application or attitude, he's just fundamentally not good enough.

I do like his tenacity. He doesn't shy away from physical challenges.

You gotta be able to play football as well.
I've got a bunch of hard-working nice-guys in the office.
No one pays them 60+k per week to play football.
For the simple reason that they cannot play football.
Neither can Emerson Royal.

I think the decisions regarding squad should first of all be based on footballing ability as one multiplier. Other multipliers can be whatever but if one factor is 0, then end result is also 0. So really all other factors should come into play after footballing part is sorted.

Both terrible wing backs and need to be sold this summer

You gotta be able to play football as well.
I've got a bunch of hard-working nice-guys in the office.
No one pays them 60+k per week to play football.
For the simple reason that they cannot play football.
Neither can Emerson Royal.

I think the decisions regarding squad should first of all be based on footballing ability as one multiplier. Other multipliers can be whatever but if one factor is 0, then end result is also 0. So really all other factors should come into play after footballing part is sorted.

Oh I don’t rate him. He should be sold. I’m just saying why people may be kinder about him, or not want to be too critical if they can help it.

He tries. Fans are generally forgiving of players who do that.

Oh I don’t rate him. He should be sold. I’m just saying why people may be kinder about him, or not want to be too critical if they can help it.

He tries. Fans are generally forgiving of players who do that.

Okay, I can respect pointing out reasons.

just that for me trying only is not sufficient. Or to put it differently - it can be okay for a squad player that is in the team to provide rotation/depth and has little / modest market value. With Royal I have a feeling we could recoup most of the spent money now and reinvest it in someone better.

Back
Top Bottom