Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's be honest though, the issues has been how money is spent not necessarily spending in the first place.

Ndombele, Lo Celso and Clarke cost us 100M

we need to spend smart as well as big.

More like suck him off for 20 years with no investment. Then suck some more when there is.

Do you know what, fair play to you.

I get so fucking tired going over the same with you over and over that I mostly give up. but you're relentless. it's admirable, even though I disagree with 90%+ of the posts you make.

85. 6 - 87.5 is an increase of 1.9%

Anyone who thinks spurs are worth 7b is probably not a cfa.... Or mentally stable.
The Chelsea price will give an indication of Spurs value even though Spurs lack the silverware, a full season of stadium revenues must have given ENIC the confidence to input this cash. Small extract from following article on Chelsea , Spurs must be making similar matchday earnings already.

"An industry brochure released by the club outlines that increasing the stadium capacity from 42,000 to 62,500 could allow new owners to boost annual matchday revenues from GBP 70m to GBP 200m."

Agree with questioning the logic behind announcing it....unless they are applying pressure to Conte to signal his intent so he can finish what he started?

Regardless, if true....

Oh My God Reaction GIF by The Office

Whilst this £150 million injection is obviously good news and long overdue, is it something that needed to be announced quite so publicly?

This is a genuine question btw for any business head on here. Does it not compromise our negotiation position somewhat if a club knows we’re more flush than previously?
I'm far from an expert in finances but were the club not legally obliged to announce it?

Might be way off the mark but pretty sure I read that somewhere as your initial point was something I was wondering.

I'm far from an expert in finances but were the club not legally obliged to announce it?

Might be way off the mark but pretty sure I read that somewhere as your initial point was something I was wondering.
Quite possibly mate I genuinely don’t know. It just seems strange to me.

Tbh, until I actually see us spending money on players early on that Conte want and actually back up our words in website announcements, I’m always going to just take announcements like this with a pinch of salt.

Might seem too pessimistic for some but I’ve been through too many false dawns under ENIC at this stage.

I was thinking that too. I'm not a financial person, but as they're fiddling about with shares, were they not obliged to make it public?

Quite possibly mate I genuinely don’t know. It just seems strange to me.

Tbh, until I actually see us spending money on players early on that Conte want and actually back up our words in website announcements, I’m always going to just take announcements like this with a pinch of salt.

Might seem too pessimistic for some but I’ve been through too many false dawns under ENIC at this stage.
It's something to do with shareholders being impacted and being a public company which is why it was announced.

Yeah I don't understand fully either 😂

What will the next bit of news be , stadium naming rights on the way:)
Wouldn't surprise me if this happens in the summer. We've become a very attractive proposition - just hope Levy doesn't get too greedy. Maybe it's already a done deal, hence the sudden generosity from Enic.

The Tesla Stadium (We're the Musk Stand, we're the Musk Stand..... We're the Elon Side, we're the Elon Side...)
The Amazon Stadium
The Putin Arena

Things are aligning nicely for ENIC.

There are no more excuses and this is a historical opportunity to strike.

Well, more like a burning platform ...

This is if ever a summer where heavy, considered investments will need to be made, whether we prefer to or not.

The sheer incompetence at Man Utd and Woolwich simply cannot carry on like this. But for now both are probably stuck for at least ½ or 1 season more with inept directors and manager, respectively. Eventually they will start getting things right, though, and both have good financial basis.
Then there is Newcastle. They won't get things right for this season, but next season they just might.

We have Conte and by all chances CL football again.

This is ENIC time. This is it. Not later. Now.

If they don't do it this time, then there is absolutely no chance they ever will want to.

Well, it turned out someone agreed with that.

Quite an extraordinary day.

Whilst this £150 million injection is obviously good news and long overdue, is it something that needed to be announced quite so publicly?

This is a genuine question btw for any business head on here. Does it not compromise our negotiation position somewhat if a club knows we’re more flush than previously?
ENIC owns 85% of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. The other 15% is owned by people like myself who decided not to sell our shares when ENIC took over.

the effect of this cash injection is an increase in the ENIC shareholding from 85% to circa 87%. Effectively it dilutes small shareholders so yes, it does have to be publicly announced.

For my part, my shares are not worth much and I only hold them for fun. So the dilution doesn’t bother me at all.

Do you know what, fair play to you.

I get so fucking tired going over the same with you over and over that I mostly give up. but you're relentless. it's admirable, even though I disagree with 90%+ of the posts you make.
It's called "Igula syndrome."

Find out you've been talking tosh, double down on it.
Pamela Chougne Freud GIF

ENIC owns 85% of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. The other 15% is owned by people like myself who decided not to sell our shares when ENIC took over.

the effect of this cash injection is an increase in the ENIC shareholding from 85% to circa 87%. Effectively it dilutes small shareholders so yes, it does have to be publicly announced.

For my part, my shares are not worth much and I only hold them for fun. So the dilution doesn’t bother me at all.
ps. I like a number of individuals bought shares in THFC plc when it publicly listed in 1982.

Back
Top Bottom