Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LOL at SpiderSpurs SpiderSpurs disagreeing with this post

:harrylol:

Lilly Singh No GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh
If that's only 20 people chanting then I'm a monkeys uncle

Smash Woolwich, Woolwich capitulate to Newcastle, we get CL, Son wins the golden boot. Now this. I guess all that karma from the 90s and naughties is coming good. What next, Chelsea sale falls through? I suppose if that happens then it's probably not real and it'll be down to all the drugs I've been taking. Still, I'm enjoying it whatever the cause.

I praise the board for turning around a situation they partly created when appointing that useless clown Jose Mourinho. The board clearly had ambition when they appointed that dinosaur but for various reasons and terrible timings that appointment never worked out, the club and fans turned extremely toxic but it looks as though a combo of the board appointing Conte and him massively improving us on and off the pitch has helped us. In hindsight aswell, I don't think the Nuno appt was ever really planned and the club never really wanted him. It was a massive panic appointment because Conte didn't want the job most likely because of budget and Kane uncertainties at the time. They seemed to have turned it around though so fair play.

Just been reading the club are taking a player’s character into consideration when scouting. They had the chance to sign an established Premier League star but turn it down as they thought they’d disrupt the dressing room according to Sky.

Its nice to have some positivity around the club with today’s news and seeing lessons have been learnt and seeing some better decision making processes are in place.

With the infrastructure in place sorting the footballing side out is really the only logical way left to “grow the brand”, add value and improve the balance sheet. Footballing success equals money ultimately.

I can’t see all £150 million being spent on new players, but its a statement of intent.

We do need to see how this infusion/injection of cash plays out but where are the ENIC-bashers now?

A sign of real character to acknowledge a position may have been wrong.

And to note that Kulusevski has probably been just as effective and impactful as Diaz has been for Liverpool.

People have to own their errors

Last edited:
With ManU, Chelsea and the runners being in differing states of disarray plus Newcastle on the horizon this our best chance to cement something going forward. Its only going to get more difficult and we need to seize the moment.

What Daniel Levy will see when he opens his office door first thing in the morning following the announcement of £150million investment in the club

283724122_422819423182021_696845722814484019_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just been reading the club are taking a player’s character into consideration when scouting. They had the chance to sign an established Premier League star but turn it down as they thought they’d disrupt the dressing room according to Sky.

Its nice to have some positivity around the club with today’s news and seeing lessons have been learnt and seeing some better decision making processes are in place.

With the infrastructure in place sorting the footballing side out is really the only logical way left to “grow the brand”, add value and improve the balance sheet. Footballing success equals money ultimately.

I can’t see all £150 million being spent on new players, but its a statement of intent.
I think it’s actually more like 250million quid available this summer.

cash injection + CL revenue + player sales = 250 big ones.

So 150m cash plus about 100m sales roughly that’s 250m war chest. Fucking hell

Own dream but

Eriksen - Free
Perisic - free
Bremer - £30m
Bastoni - £50m
Bissouma - £40m
DJ Spence - £15m
Kostic - £25m
nkunku - £60m
Martinez -£55m

The above is close to doable.
Too many out (your previous post), and too many in. We've a thin squad. I'd rather we kept the likes of Stevie B and Sanchez, and focused the cash infusion on top of the bill performers. A lot of the players that have been first XI or thereabouts are nothing to sniff at, perfectly quality role players.

Use the cash to sprinkle a little more world class in this squad. We have proven recently that our first XI can beat anyone on its day, its depth of quality we lack.

I praise the board for turning around a situation they partly created when appointing that useless clown Jose Mourinho. The board clearly had ambition when they appointed that dinosaur but for various reasons and terrible timings that appointment never worked out, the club and fans turned extremely toxic but it looks as though a combo of the board appointing Conte and him massively improving us on and off the pitch has helped us. In hindsight aswell, I don't think the Nuno appt was ever really planned and the club never really wanted him. It was a massive panic appointment because Conte didn't want the job most likely because of budget and Kane uncertainties at the time. They seemed to have turned it around though so fair play.
Agree entirely.
Mourinho was an incredibly poor hire by Levy
— an absolute busted flush — but I do get the reasoning behind it. Only he was five years too late. And José is still fooling them. Switched a great London pad for one in Rome with equally mediocre results. He’ll probably talk his way into Paris down the line 😀.

Nuno was a panic move when choices 1 - 10 or so all fell through. Frankly, I’d love to know what the difference was between our efforts to get Conté in summer and when we got him. Was our approach different or were Conté’s options more limited?

ps. I like a number of individuals bought shares in THFC plc when it publicly listed in 1982.
I remember thinking that I just couldn't afford £100 for basically a piece of paper, as all my spendable income went on supporting the team. IIRC my season ticket was around £35, and going to away games was probably around a tenner with travel with the SSC.

Agree entirely.
Mourinho was an incredibly poor hire by Levy
— an absolute busted flush — but I do get the reasoning behind it. Only he was five years too late. And José is still fooling them. Switched a great London pad for one in Rome with equally mediocre results. He’ll probably talk his way into Paris down the line 😀.

Nuno was a panic move when choices 1 - 10 or so all fell through. Frankly, I’d love to know what the difference was between our efforts to get Conté in summer and when we got him. Was our approach different or were Conté’s options more limited?
Definitely.

I would say looking at it from the outset the reasons Conte didn't take the job last summer follow imo

1. Kane assurances. Things were so up in the air he probably wouldn't have risked taking on a job and losing his best player.
2. Budget worries. Not a chance we were gonna spend big last summer, plus we had a lot of players we needed to get out the door first.
3. Conte said after he won the league with Inter that he wasn't emotionally ready for another challenge so maybe the offer come too soon?

Looking forward when he must have clearly been speaking to the club prior to Nuno's sacking he must have been given plenty of assurances about what the club was looking to do as I would never have seen him signing on for 7 months.

Couple of points

Announced as it would be out soon enough anyway. Share allotments have to be registered with companies house within one month using a form SH01. They are made public as soon as they are registered. It would definitely get picked up by press/supporters/general nosey twats/lawyers. So probably just better to announce.

This way rather than a loan - loan would require intercreditor agreement especially if secured in any way. Not a problem to get one just a ball ache organising and unnecessary as enic plan to get all their money back and more when they sell the club.

Oh saw a couple of people say Spurs are a listed company. No we used to be, were a limited comapny and have been for many years (since the enic buy out IIRC.

All pretty standard corporate financing stuff tbh. Happens everyday just not to spurs!

Between the footballing results of the last month and now ENIC sticking £150m of its own money in for transfers for the first time ever, I feel like I’m in some dreamworld. Truly incredible.

On the flip side it all feels a bit too good to be true and I’m now on guard for Conte quitting because the tea lady parked in his Hotspur Way parking spot.

Back
Top Bottom