Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I would love to see it happen just for the reaction of their ultras. Ndombele’s life would genuinely be in danger if he carries on waddling and falling down instead of playing football.

I actually think that a Lenglet loan could work. Lenglet is a very good defender who seems to have hit a mental wall at Barcelona. A change of scenery could unlock him again. And Conte's system does a lot to cover the weaknesses in his game.

Take him on a loan if we cannot get Torres or Bremer, see if he works out and if he doesn't he goes back to Barcelona. If worst comes to show we have Davies to fall back on. And we can invest heavily in other key positions like RWB and in the attack.

Davies will not be dropped arbitrarily no matter who comes in, whether it’s Bastoni or anyone else. Any new signing will have to show they are better than him if they want to play, which won’t be easy. Someone like Lenglet would have a job on just trying to get ahead of Davinson.

Another one that might stay at his present club judging by the tone of that article;

''Speaking to AS, Torres said: 'Right now there is nothing at all, there is talk of many things like every year.

'I have peace of mind of being where they want me, at the club of my life and I have this offer right now that I value as very positive.

'There is nothing right now, the only thing I have is the offer from Villarreal, so I am very calm.''
I don't see anything wrong with the tone. I seems to me more like the cliches you hear from players when another club is interested in them. "I'm a team X player at present. There is nothing on the table. I will focus on my team. blah blah blah"

I don't see anything wrong with the tone. I seems to me more like the cliches you hear from players when another club is interested in them. "I'm a team X player at present. There is nothing on the table. I will focus on my team. blah blah blah"
I didn't say there was anything wrong with the tone, rather ''I'm at the club of my life'' sounds like he's happy not to have a transfer at all. Maybe his agent told him to say that to try and up the offer amount?

Dropping Davies for an experiment with a loanee is a shakey bit of man management tbh.
I don't think he's suggesting we drop Davies. The best player will play. So if Lenglet adapts and plays well, he'll be first choice. If not, Davies will be. No new player will be a guaranteed starter until he has proven himself. The suggestion is that Lenglet could overtake Davies, but even if he doesn't, he's still good enough as a backup.

I don't think he's suggesting we drop Davies. The best player will play. So if Lenglet adapts and plays well, he'll be first choice. If not, Davies will be. No new player will be a guaranteed starter until he has proven himself. The suggestion is that Lenglet could overtake Davies, but even if he doesn't, he's still good enough as a backup.

I understant the sentiment and the fact that "drop" has certain connotations, but the simple fact is that a player only ever gets a start in a 1st grade fixture ahead of someone else for the following reasons:

A) The existing starter isn't performing.
B) The incoming player has exceeded the set performance levels; albeit in a second grade fixture.
C) They're brought in and pre-concieved to be an entirely higher level above the existing player.
D) Injury

.....The thing with B) is that the incoming player still won't have proved themselves to be better merely by (eg) looking like a Rolls Royce against Kiderminster in the Carabao.

....All this is all the more pertinent with regard to defenders too; whom thrive on stability and consistent game time.

Unless it's A or D; Davies has a right to feel hard done by.

fuck mourinho. Sell him t Lazio and get SMS.

God no. Pogba MK II. Good player but well suited to Serie A, not the pace of the premier league. Dallies on the ball far too much. Maybe in a 3 with legs around him it could work but never in a 3-4-3.

Lazio have been trying to whore him out at an extortionate price for years.

Back
Top Bottom