England v Hungary

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Revert back????

Lol..... What is this we're currently getting then?
Well, a WC semi-final and a Euro Final. That’s what we got. Our best performances in decades.

Where exactly is this expectation coming from? That we should be winning every game? Pretty much every major nation has thrown the Nations League games. We pretty much played a B team.

I’m surprised at all the melting. England are a good side, not a great side. They’ll need a bit of luck to go anywhere. It is what it is.

The attack isn’t threatening?

Yeah Kane, Foden, Sterling, Saka, Grealish, Mount, Bowen etc are poor.

Not to mention wing backs who out-produce most attacking players at club level.
...and which English national players are finishing those WB- created chances?
I’m sure this poor attack is nothing to do with the manager.
...would be as asinine to suggest it is has nothing to do with Gary as it would be to suggest it has nothing to do with the players. Problem is you are one of those folks that only sees problems with Gary...and the ref conspiracies...and prolly UEFA conspiracies against England...but never the players being overrated.
I don’t really give much of a fuck that they did ‘the double’ over us in the latest pointless competition.
Could have fooled me.
About as much of a fuck as I give about an American thinking English footballers are overrated.
As usual, Deuterz gets in his anti-English BS projection before he snuggles up into something warm and familiar. It's like an old pair of slippers to you by now isn't it Deuterz? See what I mean RealCoolYid RealCoolYid ? It's always there.

Hey Deuterz, what you should be concerned with is that the guy that's schooled you on your own sport numbers of times is again telling you that you have something wrong. One of these days you'll come to your senses and recognize it earlyand then you wouldn't want to be out here using my arguments everytime KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy gets you all spun up.

I'm pretty sure that 1953 Hungary were ranked #1 at the time, and Puskás played up front for them....

Last night was nothing of the kind!
England were either just shit, tired, lazy, couldn't be arsed, or all 4... one for each goal!
Yeah, that post was just for my friend Deuterz Deuterz 's benefit. He believes that since football is 'our game' that England has a natural right to win and anything less than that is due to conspiracy and unwarranted anti-English sentiment...or something other than the players aren't good enough.

10b08f99f053d46e6536f0ef83fd8d51.jpeg

...would be as asinine to suggest it is has nothing to do with Gary as it would be to suggest it has nothing to do with the players. Problem is you are one of those folks that only sees problems with Gary...and the ref conspiracies...and prolly UEFA conspiracies against England...but never the players being overrated.

Could have fooled me.

As usual, Deuterz gets in his anti-English BS projection before he snuggles up into something warm and familiar. It's like an old pair of slippers to you by now isn't it Deuterz? See what I mean RealCoolYid RealCoolYid ? It's always there.

Hey Deuterz, what you should be concerned with is that the guy that's schooled you on your own sport numbers of times is again telling you that you have something wrong. One of these days you'll come to your senses and recognize it earlyand then you wouldn't want to be out here using my arguments everytime KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy gets you all spun up.

Oh nobody cares Todd. Nobody else bothers to read your shit so I don't know why I do. I called you anti English because half your posts are hating on English players or fans, and you ran in here to rub in a defeat when people were sore.

Get over it. Go cry because you think Americans will be mistreated by Spurs fans and then tell me about projection, you tedious dickhead.

Could have fooled me.

nuno will be proud

Based on what? Supporting his footballers taking the knee as an anti racist gesture?

Load of shit. Being a normal human being is 'woke' now apparently.
He's woke.

How is this news to you?

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. He's socially progressive. The problem is that that's all he is. He's employed to be a football manager and he's shit at it.

B-b-but he led us to two decent positions in the last two tournaments. Technically yes, but anybody who understands anything about football will know that it was in spite of his tactics, not because of them.

I think to say that Southgate should be doing better with an exceptionally talented group of players is kind of overrating the players a bit. Players looked knackered too, it's a harsh period to judge a manager on.

With Chilwell out, I don't think there's a high level left back. Not sure if any of the centre backs are top level in a back four, maybe Stones when he's in form. Lots of 8/10 midfielders, no creative tempo passer.

Your best bet for the world cup is keeping it tight like you have in previous tournaments, but you need more from those wingbacks. Grealish is England's best sub and should probably be used as such.
I'd like to see him try:

Pickford
James - Dier/Maguire - Stones
TAA - Rice - Phillips - Chilwell/Saka
Sterling - Kane - Foden

Both James/TAA in the team would be interesting, but Walker is probably a better better if you're gonna play a right back at RCB. I also think you have to get Bellingham in there, especially given Phillips' recent form. But that may become too offensive.

Oh nobody cares Todd. Nobody else bothers to read your shit so I don't know why I do. I called you anti English because half your posts are hating on English players or fans, and you ran in here to rub in a defeat when people were sore.

Get over it. Go cry because you think Americans will be mistreated by Spurs fans and then tell me about projection, you tedious dickhead.
Wow Deuterz, you really can't control your anger can you? I thought you'd be above petty name calling. See? There are times where even I am wrong but I can admit it.

And pointing out that players are overrated is not hating. You're such a sensitive and precious one. It's the simplest solution to explain all the observed phenomenon...like going 6 hours without threatening another teams goal with all the world class talent they have; some coach blame and some player blame.

Don't you know that being anti-racist, pro LGBQT & women's rights is "woke", therefore "uncool" these days?
Woke....
Snowflake....
Coconut
Tippy-Tappy (made that one up!)

Jesus, too many terms to deal with.

Either you're a nice person, who accepts others, regardless of race, colour, gender, religious beliefs, height, hair colour, sexual preferences and dick size....

OR YOU'RE NOT!

He's woke.

How is this news to you?

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing. He's socially progressive. The problem is that that's all he is. He's employed to be a football manager and he's shit at it.

B-b-but he led us to two decent positions in the last two tournaments. Technically yes, but anybody who understands anything about football will know that it was in spite of his tactics, not because of them.

His views are practically default. I support my players in taking the knee which every premier league team is doing, and racism is bad. Nothing he's said stands out as particularly woke. And the way you used the term certainly looked like it was being used against him.

And no, his tactics definitely helped us get to a Euros final. We were very well coached on set pieces & conceded no open play goals the entire tournament. That's partly coaching/setup. We set up well to beat good teams in Croatia, Denmark & Germany.

You can entirely discredit him for that if you like & pretend like a group of talented players entitles us to be in finals. The Germany team we beat had a more experienced manager & arguably a more talented group. I'm no fan of Southgate's style, but to pretend he's had nothing to do with our positive tournaments is just wrong.

I'd imagine you're right on that front, but hypothetically, International management is probably the only situation in which you could replace the manager even with 0 games to go before the WC and it have negligible detriment to your chances.

But still, you're right, the FA won't rock the boat.
This brings back horrible memories of the lead up to USA 1994.

Tinker Taylor had some very good players to choose from, we'd only just lost out on SF pens to the Germans in Italia 90, but getta load of this lot

Carlton Palmer
Geoff Thomas
Andy tub'o'lard Gray
Keith Curle

and I'm sure there are loads of others.

He took the team to the USA for a friendly to get used to being where the WC was going to be.

And then lost.

It was the most obvious thing to sack him as soon as he debriefed the FA on his return, and get someone like Venables in just for the crucial match in Holland, and then see how it panned out.

I went to Wembley for Venables' first game in charge. Granted, a friendly. But it was against Denmark, who'd won the Euros, no slouches. It was SOOOO obvious that he'd got them playing a brand of football completely alien to Taylor's hit and hope. Immediately. Attractive, creative.....

Like I said, so obvious to anyone barring the FA.

Back
Top Bottom