Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son / Richarlison / Kulu offers something much different than Son / Kane / Kulu... much more than the other alternative combinations. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up becoming our best front three given we have strengthened in other areas.

The added dose of pace, energy and ferociousness up top from the likes of Richarlison is something I felt we needed from a #9. It will be an absolute nightmare for defenses to contend with 3 clinical players that also have pace, mobility and a general relentlessness about their games. Maybe we slot Kane as a #10 type of distributor role just behind.

Spoiler: Kane will start all season long and continue to be Conte's first name on the teamsheet, and at no point will our best front 3 ever not include him.

Son / Richarlison / Kulu offers something much different than Son / Kane / Kulu... much more than the other alternative combinations. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up becoming our best front three given we have strengthened in other areas.

The added dose of pace, energy and ferociousness up top from the likes of Richarlison is something I felt we needed from a #9. It will be an absolute nightmare for defenses to contend with 3 clinical players that also have pace, mobility and a general relentlessness about their games. Maybe we slot Kane as a #10 type of distributor role just behind.

Sorry dude, I think most of us like the Richarlison signing, but there's not an alternate universe, much less this one, where dropping Kane for Richarlison up top would be "better". It almost feels like you're just trolling with this nonsense...

Sorry dude, I think most of us like the Richarlison signing, but there's not an alternate universe, much less this one, where dropping Kane for Richarlison up top would be "better". It almost feels like you're just trolling with this nonsense...
We'll see

Remember, we made the Champions League final with Llorente as our back up/alternative to Kane. We now also have a much stronger overall team and a better version of Son + upgrade at RW in Kulu.

All in all, I highly doubt Conte went out and spent 60 million on 'back up' or 'a player that improves depth.' He knows what he's doing.

Richarlison alone is not better than Kane. But put him in a front three alongside Kulu and Son? You might have a situation where the whole/collective front three is better than the sum of the parts.

Last edited:
We'll see

Remember, we made the Champions League final without Kane and have played well without him over the past several years. This all being with Llorente as our best back up/alternative at that position.

We also have a much stronger overall team and a better version of Son + upgrade at RW in Kulu.
I at least agree with you that Richarlison is a better player than many people on here think. When he can also drop deep and start spraying the ball around at a DeBruyne-esque level though, I will reconsider him being on par with Kane.

For the love of gaawd......

Kane thread ruined by this bollocks.
Son thread ruined (in part) by this bollocks.

FFS, don't wreck Richy's thread with this same bullshit too.

My god man the grind never stops for you does it? You’re in your way to derail and ruin three threads now

I at least agree with you that Richarlison is a better player than many people on here think. When he can also drop deep and start spraying the ball around at a DeBruyne-esque level though, I will reconsider him being on par with Kane.
His all around game is obviously not on Kane's level but I will say this again - put him in a front three alongside Kulu and Son and you might have a situation where the whole/collective front three is better than the sum of the parts.

All three are have pace, quickness, energy, relentlessness and quality. I'm not entirely certain how defenses will be able to contain them playing together in Conte's system with each of them having the individual ability to cause so much havoc on all areas of the pitch.

For the love of gaawd......

Kane thread ruined by this bollocks.
Son thread ruined (in part) by this bollocks.

FFS, don't wreck Richy's thread with this same bullshit too.
My god man the grind never stops for you does it? You’re in your way to derail and ruin three threads now
Ok so you guys are suggesting Conte signed a 60 million player (2nd most expensive signing for us) to add 'squad depth' up front? What am I saying that's controversial or how am I trolling?

Last edited:
I dont like his opinion either, hes obviously wrong. Kane will definitely be in our front 3. If he doesnt think that, why would it bother me. Some people ...no selfawareness

"you are derailing the thread' how?

In his first post , he just mentioned what he wants to see as our front 3 which includes richarlison...whose thread this is about. He didnt mention the word 'kane' in it. If theres anyone derailing the thread, its everyone else bringing up Kane .

"you are derailing the thread' how?

In his first post , he just mentioned what he wants to see as our front 3 which includes richarlison...whose thread this is about. He didnt mention the word 'kane' in it. If theres anyone derailing the thread, its everyone else bringing up Kane .
Lol right? I don't get what we're supposed to talk about if we're not talking about how we're potentially going to set up and how we're going to look with our 60 million man playing as our #9 ie. his best/favoriate position?

I dont like his opinion either, hes obviously wrong. Kane will definitely be in our front 3. If he doesnt think that, why would it bother me. Some people ...no selfawareness
Hey I may be wrong but you just never know with these things. No one expected Kulu to burst on the scene and do what he did last season. My gut feel is that Conte sees Richarlison as real competition for Kane at that #9 role and perhaps a different/better way to set up with him playing #9 alongside Kulu/Son - if anything, it's an explosive front three.

Hey I may be wrong but you just never know with these things. No one expected Kulu to burst on the scene and do what he did last season. My gut feel is that Conte sees him as real competition for Kane at that #9 role and perhaps a different/better way to set up with him playing #9 alongside Kulu/Son.
What you say is possible but extremely unlikely. I think Conte will play Kane in every single CL game , so we need a someone else for midweek, and in other weeks when Kane plays PL games, Richarlison will probably play the smaller cups. That and he will rotate with either kulu or son if needed. But Kane will remain our main striker.

What you say is possible but extremely unlikely. I think Conte will play Kane in every single CL game , so we need a someone else for midweek, and in other weeks when Kane plays PL games, Richarlison will probably play the smaller cups. That and he will rotate with either kulu or son if needed. But Kane will remain our main striker.
Why did you even answer that troll as you said he will rotate either with the front three and when we play teams that park the bus son usually struggles because there is no space richarlison can come in and be the other option in the box beside Kane

That's what people are obviously thinking but like I said, we'll see. My bet is that Richarlison will take away serious playing time away from him - maybe not right away, but within the next 12-18 months. The game is moving away from the traditional big/slower strikers and moving towards pace, mobility, dynamism and explosiveness. Most of the hot shot up and comers on the best teams around the world have just that.

One thing is certain though - Richarlison will get better under Conte and he will look good playing alongside better players.

With games coming thick and fast, I think this signing makes it easier to drop Kane strategically for a game if he picks up a knock or is looking leggy. Same for Son and Kulu and that will happen. Richarlison will get over 20 starts.

Ok so you guys are suggesting Conte signed a 60 million player (2nd most expensive signing for us) to add 'squad depth' up front?
Yes. For now.
He’s worth 60M because:
1) he’s good enough to start at most PL clubs
2) if any of the front three need a rest or pick up a knock he can replace them
3) We will have a lot of games next year and we have 5 subs.

The only reason he’s squad depth is because of how ridiculously good Kane, Son, and Kulu are.

Long term, it’s also good business, as he’s only 25.

I’m thrilled with the signing, he’ll get games, and we’ll see how he’s used but it’s all exciting.

FW5nmXxX0AE4m8U

They need to have Romero in that welcome video somewhere

Spoiler: Kane will start all season long and continue to be Conte's first name on the teamsheet, and at no point will our best front 3 ever not include him.
With 5 subs I suspect Kane and Son will be taken off more often than ever before and I'm glad for that.
There was a spell last season where Son looked mentally exhausted before kicking back on again.

Back
Top Bottom