Richarlison

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's what people are obviously thinking but like I said, we'll see. My bet is that Richarlison will take away serious playing time away from him - maybe not right away, but within the next 12-18 months. The game is moving away from the traditional big/slower strikers and moving towards pace, mobility, dynamism and explosiveness. Most of the hot shot up and comers on the best teams around the world have just that.

One thing is certain though - Richarlison will get better under Conte and he will look good playing alongside better players.

No, it isn't.

There's a dearth of quality when it comes to top CF's. Only less than a handful of clubs have access to the really good ones. The top 3 are obviously Kane, Lewandowski & Benzema and all 3 would start for any other club in the world. Benzema isn't quick or particularly explosive and he's going to win a Ballon d'or, ditto Lewa and he should've had won a couple of years ago.

Teams would kill to have Kane in their lineup. Pep wanted him over Haaland. Dropping him for Richarlison? Never happening in a million years, fucking forget it.

No, it isn't.

There's a dearth of quality when it comes to top CF's. Only less than a handful of clubs have access to the really good ones. The top 3 are obviously Kane, Lewandowski & Benzema and all 3 would start for any other club in the world. Benzema isn't quick or particularly explosive and he's going to win a Ballon d'or, ditto Lewa and he should've had won a couple of years ago.

Teams would kill to have Kane in their lineup. Pep wanted him over Haaland. Dropping him for Richarlison? Never happening in a million years, fucking forget it.

Just put him on ignore. He ruins the Kane thread. Don't let him ruin this one too.

His all around game is obviously not on Kane's level but I will say this again - put him in a front three alongside Kulu and Son and you might have a situation where the whole/collective front three is better than the sum of the parts.

All three are have pace, quickness, energy, relentlessness and quality. I'm not entirely certain how defenses will be able to contain them playing together in Conte's system with each of them having the individual ability to cause so much havoc on all areas of the pitch.
So 3 of the exact same player 👍👍whos dropping like kane does,getting involved in build up spraying passes out wide etc.??

Lol right? I don't get what we're supposed to talk about if we're not talking about how we're potentially going to set up and how we're going to look with our 60 million man playing as our #9 ie. his best/favoriate position?

Hey I may be wrong but you just never know with these things. No one expected Kulu to burst on the scene and do what he did last season. My gut feel is that Conte sees Richarlison as real competition for Kane at that #9 role and perhaps a different/better way to set up with him playing #9 alongside Kulu/Son - if anything, it's an explosive front three.
His best position is wide left so why arent you talking about him replacing an older son for gametime instead?
Because doesnt suit anti kane bollox

I dont like his opinion either, hes obviously wrong. Kane will definitely be in our front 3. If he doesnt think that, why would it bother me. Some people ...no selfawareness

"you are derailing the thread' how?

In his first post , he just mentioned what he wants to see as our front 3 which includes richarlison...whose thread this is about. He didnt mention the word 'kane' in it. If theres anyone derailing the thread, its everyone else bringing up Kane .

Re: Trolling:

Almost? Its what he does. Hes admitted it

Indeed.....

5hmHDN.png

Last edited:
Son / Richarlison / Kulu offers something much different than Son / Kane / Kulu... much more than the other alternative combinations. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up becoming our best front three given we have strengthened in other areas.

The added dose of pace, energy and ferociousness up top from the likes of Richarlison is something I felt we needed from a #9. It will be an absolute nightmare for defenses to contend with 3 clinical players that also have pace, mobility and a general relentlessness about their games. Maybe we slot Kane as a #10 type of distributor role just behind.

Kane doesn't need to be 'slotted in'. He'll be the first name on that teamsheet.

Deal with it.

Trolling or not trolling, his original comment had no mention of Kane. So why get aggravated over it . It was one message filled with his obviously incorrect opinion.

Either you're blissfully unaware of the mess that DumbDumb continually leaves in his wake (in which case good for you) or you're being naive.

The thread was fine, it was ruined after the mass whining started.

.......Or maybe the "mass" reaction (including typically non-confrontational posters being in agreement) means that we're onto something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom