Dejan Kulusevski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully some of you fifa/football manager/ social media nerds will learn something.

“We need pace”
“He won’t adapt to the premier league”
“What does he bring?”
“He’s not Diaz”

Posted 30th Jan

I could bet that some idiots would do straight swap with Adama Traore even today.

Just goes to prove that some are fans of direct line running not actual football.
Pace over ability. Muscles over skill.

:contefacepalm2:

I still think he's got pace. Not Mane or Son pace, but he's pretty quick. His height and style make him look slower than he really is. Technique alone wouldn't allow him to beat players to the ball the way he does.
yea hes not slow but hes not what youd call a quick winger is he. quick full backs defo catch him over 20+ yards. hes so good technically and intelligent that he doesnt need blistering pace to do what needs to be done though.

Sherringham, Klinsman, VDV
Could argue for he who will not be named
VDV was smart in terms of his use of the ball but he wasn’t flexible at all IMO. No matter where you put him on the pitch, he was going to do the same things no matter what, he was was just so damn good at it.

I was still in my phase of “understanding” the game in Sheringham’s and Klinsmann’s time, I knew they were great but I didn’t know how.

If I was to pick more defensive players, I’d go for Alderweireld, Corluka or naybet over Judas. Not that he didn’t have awesome defensive instincts, but he was such a physical beast, that he rarely had to “outsmart” anyone.

Just seen the talksport clip. That Laura wood woman is proper cunt. Fucking gooner bitch. I know a person like her, pisses me the fuck off how dismissive she is while being completely fucking wrong.

Foden can't tie Kulu's laces. The skinny little chav has a great first touch and dribble but is other completely ineffective.

link?

Just seen the talksport clip. That Laura wood woman is proper cunt. Fucking gooner bitch. I know a person like her, pisses me the fuck off how dismissive she is while being completely fucking wrong.

Foden can't tie Kulu's laces. The skinny little chav has a great first touch and dribble but is other completely ineffective.

He's also extremely quick, a decent finisher, and creates plenty of chances. Kulusevski at this point is the more productive, well rounded player but Foden is excellent. A player of his age wouldn't have been getting the gametime he's been getting for Manchester City in the last few years if he wasn't. He's also got numerous huge CL moments under his belt already.

Right now Kulu is winning that mini battle between him, Saka & Foden for best 'young' right sided player for sure though.

Souness just talking our boy up on TS..... Making favourable comparisons to KDB.
Souness has warmed up to Spurs on TS. He spoke very well of us a week ago as well. Very strange considering he always slated us (like Roy Keane) simply because we didn't sign him in his playing days, which was a big mistake.

As a Juventus fan I am happy that he is doing well with you. Our regret is Romero, given with a wrong formula to Atalanta (loan right to redeem at € 26 million) who then sold it to you for double.

Is there any conspiracy theory that Paratici made that soft loan deal intentionally so he could go back and get Romero once he'd got a new job?

Souness has warmed up to Spurs on TS. He spoke very well of us a week ago as well. Very strange considering he always slated us (like Roy Keane) simply because we didn't sign him in his playing days, which was a big mistake.

Just said he'd have loved to have played in a MF of him, Perryman & Hoddle (+ Ozzie too).......

Fucking imagine that. :dierno:

Both of them dislike softness, no?

Conte and the players we are bringing in are all but soft and undisciplined. You would have to respect that.

VDV was smart in terms of his use of the ball but he wasn’t flexible at all IMO. No matter where you put him on the pitch, he was going to do the same things no matter what, he was was just so damn good at it.

I was still in my phase of “understanding” the game in Sheringham’s and Klinsmann’s time, I knew they were great but I didn’t know how.

If I was to pick more defensive players, I’d go for Alderweireld, Corluka or naybet over Judas. Not that he didn’t have awesome defensive instincts, but he was such a physical beast, that he rarely had to “outsmart” anyone.

Sheringham was possibly the player they dubbed the term "he doesn't need pace because he's already one step ahead of everyone" for.
He was a joy to watch and one of my favourite players. It was interesting yesterday, you watch the Halland 2nd goal Vs West Ham. He could have taken a touch before shooting but he just readjusted his body and hit it first time. That's exactly the sort of thing Sheringham did all the time. He knew what he was gonna do before anyone else. He played in Ledley Kings testimonial and he still looked useful.

Is there any conspiracy theory that Paratici made that soft loan deal intentionally so he could go back and get Romero once he'd got a new job?
I do not think so. At that time the focus was on De Light, we had Chiellini and Bonucci. Especially because of CR7's salary, Juventus was constantly looking for capital gains, money to run.

Then, in my opinion, Atalanta's behavior with its entrepreneurs from Bergamo always hungry for money is unbearable. It was just the club's mistake. Then surely the conspiracies are there but football is like this: one day you make a great deal, another day you get it wrong.

He's also extremely quick, a decent finisher, and creates plenty of chances
someone has already done the stat comparison and Foden is really not close to Kulu right now. Kulu is superior in every category.

Foden flatters to decieve. He scores the chances you'd expect an average forward to score, but never any outstanding goals.

someone has already done the stat comparison and Foden is really not close to Kulu right now. Kulu is superior in every category.

Foden flatters to decieve. He scores the chances you'd expect an average forward to score, but never any outstanding goals.

Kulu right now is an excellent part of his career and thriving, a year ago he wasn't & Foden was dribbling past 6 PSG players & scoring goals in the CL. For talents like this progress isn't always linear and I wouldn't be remotely surprised to see the hype train switch to Foden in a couple of months when he's in a good moment.

Those stats are over a few short period of time (relatively) and don't consider a lot of attributes. The amount of faith & gametime a manager like Pep gives to Foden says it all for me, especially when he benches a guy like Mahrez. They're both elite talents, we're lucky to have one & I'm glad England have the other.

Foden isn't a bad player at all.
What annoys me is how over rated he is with it. The comments that so called experts make about him just baffle me.
He's become the go to player for people to use to make up soundbites. Things like "he does things I don't even understand"
No he fucking doesn't. Ronaldinho did things people still can't understand. Foden is just a capable, fit, homegrown player.
He's no more spectacular than Chelsea's Foden clone.

Foden isn't a bad player at all.
What annoys me is how over rated he is with it. The comments that so called experts make about him just baffle me.
He's become the go to player for people to use to make up soundbites. Things like "he does things I don't even understand"
No he fucking doesn't. Ronaldinho did things people still can't understand. Foden is just a capable, fit, homegrown player.
He's no more spectacular than Chelsea's Foden clone.

So called experts like Pep, who also regularly selects him ahead of one of the best wide players in England (Mahrez) and has been rewarded with numerous wonderful performances..

Back
Top Bottom