Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

tbh I don't understand what's behind the choice of playing sessegnon instead of him.
last year with conte he did well..
maybe some attitude issues?
I think that it is at least in part because Ryan has the physique that Conte demands of a wingback. Ryan has packed on muscle and as we saw with his goal against Southampton, can now power past opposing defenders.

Reguilon is smaller than Ryan is and doesn't seem to be trying to add the same type of mass.

Look at Doherty and Emerson, neither could be considered small. And Spence definitely has the height but will probably have to add some mass as well.

Last edited:
tbh I don't understand what's behind the choice of playing sessegnon instead of him.
last year with conte he did well..
maybe some attitude issues?

Reguilon was shit last season, rushing around like a lunatic is not the same as actually playing well. He is a chaotic player which is exactly what Conte doesn't like.

He is unreliable in every area of the pitch, people overrate his offensive contribution massively. Often he will approach the box and then play a brain-dead sideways pass straight to the opponent, shank a cross out of play etc. In front of goal he has zero composure and shits himself almost every time, away at Old Trafford he chose to dive instead of score a tap in from 5 yards out that would have made it 3-3.

Sess is 5 years younger and is already more defensively solid and more physically capable. He is better at following Conte's instructions (see goal v Saints) and is used to playing as an offensively minded player. Reguilon is a good lad but not cut out for Conte or his system.

Tottenham Hotspur have received a potential boost in their push to sign Ruslan Malinovskyi, with Calciomercato reporting that Atalanta are keen on signing Sergio Reguilon.
Reports earlier in the summer claimed that he had told friends that he was close to joining Sevilla. However, they have since landed Alex Telles on loan.

Lazio and Forest seem to be his most keen suitors right now.

Lazio would probably fit him very well. Sarri loves a attack minded fullback without him going full wingback.

Forest have asked about Spurs left back Sergio Reguilon too, as revealed by Sportsmail, but his injury has held up talks while he also has offers from the likes of Lazio.
What injury????

punch-self-mutilation.gif

I feel sorry for Reguilon. He arrived with such enthusiasm and massive hopes for success. It's a real shame it's not working out for him at Spurs - I like the bloke.

Just read the last 2 pages - and everyone seems to have nailed it.

I feel sorry for Reguilon. He arrived with such enthusiasm and massive hopes for success. It's a real shame it's not working out for him at Spurs - I like the bloke.

Just read the last 2 pages - and everyone seems to have nailed it.
I still think his instinctivly honest, hands on head shocked reaction to Lamela's rabona against the Arse spoke volumes:
He looked both genuinely excited to be playing alongside such precocious talent, but absolutely knew his own limitations, that he'd NEVER be able to pull off a trick like that! (Not that many others could!) Hence the look of complete disbelieving awe on his face!

sessegnon-perisic-destiny udogie
reguilon should be sold. atletico madrid has the money (from lodi) and has the necessity to buy a left wingback.
we should sell them reguilon, also for a high price
what an absurd deal would be a loan, it's crazy

sessegnon-perisic-destiny udogie
reguilon should be sold. atletico madrid has the money (from lodi) and has the necessity to buy a left wingback.
we should sell them reguilon, also for a high price
what an absurd deal would be a loan, it's crazy

We should sell NDombele for £1Billion. That would sort things.

Back
Top Bottom