Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not saying we're done (how TF would i know?) but do we "need" to bring in replacements for them? Haven't we already?

What I mean is, we weren't expecting to bring in more, until we shipped a few off. So, we may yet bring in another player or 2, but i'm not sure they're direct replacements for Ndombele/Gil.

Could be of course.
I'm just basing this on what Conte himself said, that if any more players leave then we would need to replace them. It might just open the door for Malinovskyi, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

It might be too much but a player like Casemiro is exactly what they're missing. A competent player at the base of midfield who shields that leaky defence & provides a platform for the likes of Eriksen or Bruno to do their thing.

Fred & McTominay can't do that at all. The former is a headless chicken & the latter is .. well I don't really know. A shit footballer?
Think if he has the legs, Casemiro might well elevate Fred’s game hugely. Always thought he was good, just a complete misfit (needs to be that runner, pressing and release). Plus the Brazilian connection.

Anyway, they will be too broken to challenge us this season, so who cares really.

This thread has turned to shit now.

Talking about man utd and casemiro.
PEH going to RM.

Can we have an update on what our squad looks like now that some players have gone on loan. Are we still unable to register another foreign player.

That will leave Spurs with just 3 wing-backs still.
True, Moura may be able to play there but he's not been tested there in a CL game. Personally, I doubt both Doc and Emerson will be left out of the CL squad. Time will tell
Spense, Perisic, Sess, Doherty and Moura as an emergency. If not there then i dont see where on the pitch would be any better. Hopefully it wont come to that because not great leaving anyone out for squad harmony. It does underline the fact we really need to start buying some good honegrown players though. We cant keep treading this tightrope every window

Genuinely makes me really sad to think the player he was and how that talent has been wasted.
Selective perception. He is probably melancholy as well, being given a year in Turkey on £5m odd to try to recapture some form and drive… gutted for him!

All the vitamin D, he has a shot, naaa he really won’t!

This thread has turned to shit now.

Talking about man utd and casemiro.
PEH going to RM.

Can we have an update on what our squad looks like now that some players have gone on loan. Are we still unable to register another foreign player.
Core Squad at Present :

GK - Lloris, Forster, Austin
RCB - Romero, Sanchez
CCB - Dier, Tanganga
LCB – Davies Lenglet
RWB - Spence , Doherty, Royal
LWB – Persic , Sessegnon,
CM1 - Bissouma, Bentancur.
CM2 - Skipp, Hojbjerg,
RM - Kulusevski, Moura
Striker – Kane, Richarlison
LM - Son

Total 23

Player Designation (based upon the UEFA definitions):
Club Trained
– Kane, Skipp, Tanganga, Austin (Total 4)
Trained at other clubs affiliated with The FA : Sessegnon, Forster, Spence (Total 3)

Total 7 ‘Locally Trained’ - minimum 8 Locally trained Players

Overseas Trained Players
: Lloris, Romero, Sanchez, Dier, Davies, Bentancur, Hojbjerg, Kulusevski, Son, Moura, Royal, Doherty, Perisic, Bissouma, Richarlison, Lenglet (loan) - Total 16 - (maximum 17 players)

Excluded from Core squad :

- Reguilon and Winks
- Gil and Sarr

Conclusion :
With 7 'locally trained players' (see Player Designation above), and 17 overseas trained players Spurs can have a 24 man squad.

That means we can have the 23 man Core squad above plus Gil or Sarr as our 24 man squad - logically keeping Gil to be our 6th forward and retain the idea of having 2 players per position (but with 3 GJ's and 3 RWB's) and loaning out Sarr.

If we have any overseas trained players join, we must loan out or sell one or more overseas trained players - the obvious candidates possibly being Gil or Sarr.

The 23 man squad includes Tanganga as our 6th CB to retain the 2 players for each playing position

We could keep Winks as our 9th locally trained player to get a 25 man squad - more likely he will be loaned out or sold.

If Reguilon is not loaned out or sold we have no space in the squad without selling or loaning out another of the Overseas trained players (including Gil and Sarr)

The above assumes we retain 3 RWB's in Spence, Royal and Doherty as that appears to be where we are.

Harvey White and other academy players can be played as u21 players in addition to the 24 man squad.

I hope this answers the question about signing another overseas trained player - we can if we leave out Gil and Sarr for example

Last edited:
Kane is severely undervalued for really stupid reasons, including the fact that he isn’t very athletic and doesn’t do fancy shit with the ball (except create space with simple moves and score and assist a lot of goals!). He is one of only a few English played that are severely undervalued.

Look at Jack Grealish fee. Take a look at Maddison’s. Both of them are severely overvalued. Tons of other example.

If Grealish is with 100 million, Kane should be worth 200 million. His lack of athleticism makes him more valuable in my mind.

Really, I can’t think of any other English player that is undervalued aside from Kane.

The majority of what you're alluding to can be explained in one simple phrase.

Homegrown costs money.........

....It has very little to do with over-rating English player on the basis of their talent.

Back
Top Bottom