Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So he plays Royal!
🤔
It may be naive, but I tend to assume the manager is playing the players he believes give him the best chance of winning. Don't think Conte is trying to get sacked.

I'm am sure Conte wants a better RB/RWB than Royal...but it's pretty clear in his opinion Emerson is the best he has at the moment. At the very least, it's clear he feels Royal gives the squad a better chance of winning than Spence.

He didn’t want him, Levy did (even managing long protracted negotiations in his own indomitable style) . Conte is proving a point to Levy that he can’t fuck about again, it’s so obvious
Yeah, that's what you want to believe because you want to believe football is the soap opera that talkshite sells you. But it's most likely just the boring reality that Conte doesn't trust Spence.

Yeah, that's what you want to believe because you want to believe football is the soap opera that talkshite sells you. But it's most likely just the boring reality that Conte doesn't trust Spence.
Never once heard that on TS but I have seen 21 years of Levy’s soap opera close up and I think that’s far more likely than Conte rating Royal over Spence

Never once heard that on TS but I have seen 21 years of Levy’s soap opera close up and I think that’s far more likely than Conte rating Royal over Spence
Right. Again, because you want to believe that the manager is in constant strife with Levy because Levy is the root of all evil and Levy is destroying Tottenham with profiteering.

Pushed the same narrative with "Levy not backing Poch" despite the fact that they're blatantly mates.

It really isn't the back room drama that supporters like to envision. Just a lot of people doing their jobs and trying to win football matches with differing degrees of success. But they're certainly not trying to score argument points by losing football matches and talking to one another through the press...no matter how much dweebs like Ali Gold want you to believe they are.

Right. Again, because you want to believe that the manager is in constant strife with Levy because Levy is the root of all evil and Levy is destroying Tottenham with profiteering.

Pushed the same narrative with "Levy not backing Poch" despite the fact that they're blatantly mates.

It really isn't the back room drama that supporters like to envision. Just a lot of people doing their jobs and trying to win football matches with differing degrees of success. But they're certainly not trying to score argument points by losing football matches and talking to one another through the press...no matter how much dweebs like Ali Gold want you to believe they are.
I don’t think it’s constant strife. I do think there was / is a disconnect re: Spence

He's off on loan needs to just get his head down and wait out Conte. I don't see him being here longer than 15months any way. Poch would love Spence.
I think Conte is here for another 17 months, at least. He's stated multiple times it would take several windows for him to have the squad he wants to compete for silverware with. He wouldn't have said that if he was planning to be off at the end of the season.

If next season goes exceedingly well, he'll stay. If it's more like this season then he'll be off after. He won't do bad enough to get sacked. I suppose he could walk out, but I don't expect it.

I think Conte is here for another 17 months, at least. He's stated multiple times it would take several windows for him to have the squad he wants to compete for silverware with. He wouldn't have said that if he was planning to be off at the end of the season.

If next season goes exceedingly well, he'll stay. If it's more like this season then he'll be off after. He won't do bad enough to get sacked. I suppose he could walk out, but I don't expect it.
In my humble opinion you are placing way too much stock on his utterances. He will want serious backing. He is emotionally volatile how he feels today can change and going by his history damn quickly. Factor in his family situation I'm very confident in my assertions. I give him 15 months tops, time will see who is correct. Saying he wouldn't have said this if....Well if you look at his history he's said a bunch of things and done the exact opposite. I believe he meant every word....at the time

In my humble opinion you are placing way too much stock on his utterances. He will want serious backing. He is emotionally volatile how he feels today can change and going by his history damn quickly. Factor in his family situation I'm very confident in my assertions. I give him 15 months tops, time will see who is correct. Saying he wouldn't have said this if....Well if you look at his history he's said a bunch of things and done the exact opposite. I believe he meant every word....at the time
I don't know, much is made out of his short stints but I think in many instances its overplayed. He left Atalanta because he was being literally threatened to the point of requiring security by ultras. He left Siena for his dream job. He left Juve at a peak for another dream, coaching the Italian national team. He left the Italian national team because, once he got under the hood he realized how incredibly difficult succeeding with Italy was going to be. Turned out right, they failed to qualify for 2020. Then he was sacked in short order at Chelsea like everyone is. Finally he left Inter because they were skint.

He'd probably never left Chelsea, I'd imagine, if it were up to him. I wouldn't expect him to walk on Spurs unless there were a better/richer job. PSG maybe, Newcastle if the Saudis wrote him a blank cheque. Definitely not going back to Italy at this moment, I wouldn't expect.

Huge waste of time and money to buy a player Conte wouldn't use. The whole episode is disappointing all around. Must be loaned out this next window in hope of recouping his fee later on down the line.

It was definitely a huge factor. A young kid we just bought and Conte came straight out and said it wasnt his choice and was a club buy which was super weird.

Conte wont compromise. Its his way or the high way and we knew this.

Harsh on Spence though who surely cannot be any worse than Royal or Doherty

It was definitely a huge factor. A young kid we just bought and Conte came straight out and said it wasnt his choice and was a club buy which was super weird.

Lol @ anyone who thinks Conte is willingly fielding a weakened team to "stick it to Levy". The dude wants to win football matches more than you could ever fucking believe. You think he'll get to June 12 points from having won the league and think "well at least I didn't play that bloke Levy tried to saddle me with!"?

Jesus fucking christ some of you are still 12 years old.

You clearly don't have a grasp of what "definitely" means.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom