Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he had an eye for talent and was obviously willing to cheat to win, but security should be clearing his office and anyone he's brought in's this very minute.

If the club came out this morning and stated..... Blah Blah... "It's business as usual until Fab's appeal is resolved", your life would be significantly better/easier would it?
"Would your life be significantly better?" is a typically sweaty and desperate dodge from a troll who has no ground to stand on in this argument.

The sentence for Paratici came down on January 20th, in the throes of the transfer window, demanding an immediate decision on whether he could continue literally doing the day-to-day of his job. We either had a DOF in that moment or not.

That should have been communicated to the club's fans. Not rocket science.

It's one incident of many revealing the naked, burning contempt club leadership has for the football public including its own fans, which makes supporting Spurs more exhausting and thankless than the on-field results already do.

The club needs a human face empowered to provide us some sort of candor.

That's not an argument.

It's the current fashion, nothing more. Fashions change and come back.
Giving a manager power and influence over the recruitment operation is one thing, going out of fashion as you say but still a viable way to handle things.

But scouting, recruitment and transfer business itself now requires a large team of people with a variety of different expertise that a manager won't have, and a manager cannot do their own job properly if they have to contribute to or even be the primary leader of that staff. That department needs its own leader with a significant degree of influence and day-to-day autonomy, even if they are ultimately given the remit to focus on serving the manager's tactical needs and desires.

Wheeler-dealer was dead ten years ago.

Banter club.
We’re a banter club.
Banter club.
We are now a financially fantastic banter gig
Fucking hell.
We are a banter club.
We’re an absolute banter club.
Why on earth would any genuinely ambitious young manager come to us? We’re a banter club.
Do you think we’re a banter club?

Spurs would really benefit from a board-level person with actual influence and credibility who was capable and given the remit to speak on behalf of the club.

Levy is unwilling to do it and is bad at it. Fine. His core duties and competencies lie elsewhere. Paratici is strictly on the football side and has very limited English, as our top football leaders have tended to, which is fine for those positions.

The club needs to be able to speak through something other than un-signed statements and bottom level PR lackeys.
Your problem is you believe the club owes you an explanation for everything. They don't, and will never operate in that fashion. And this isn't even one of those "modern football is ruined" things - clubs have never communicated routinely with supporters beyond superficial squad info.

Doing so would accomplish precisely nothing. There's no positive that could come from it surely, at best you open yourself up for a host of questions that only put you in a stickier situation. At worst, you turn a minor issue into a crisis.

I'd say Spurs do have experienced and knowledgeable PR staff, which is why they don't report every littler matter to you and I.

Sorry. I'll try again.

Another masterclass from Don Levy. We're so blessed to have these owners.
Our rivals must be writhing in envy.
Daniel Levy. You the Man.
23 more years please. Statue for Levy.

*searches for appropriate gif .

QuarrelsomeGiddyCondor-max-1mb.gif

Hey. Look at me guys. Proper fan
It’s just funny that you post the exact same stuff every day. We know how you feel.

It’s really strange. In most situations like this don’t people get put on “administrative leave” or the like - until the legal process runs its course?

Meanwhile, Spurs have Partici sending messages on the direction of the club to fans on his camera phone. We are a joke of a club.
Yeah but Levy was between a rock and a hard place...

Option A - Keep the crook away from the limelight, but Levy has to face the music himself...

Or

Option B - Make a joke out of the club, but Levy gets to put his patsy out in front of the camera, unshaven and unkempt, filming himself on his i-phone from a hotel room that whiffs of stale pizza and staler farts...

:levywtf:

Klinsmann might’ve been a good shout as DOF if he hadn’t just committed to South Korea.
Respected and well known, with contacts around the world. Knows the “Spurs Way” and knows what goes into winning silverware. Good possible fit with Nagelsmann.
I honestly wouldn't touch him with a barge poll. Nowhere near good enough at the elite level of Football Administration.

To have played attacking football as a player doesn't translate that you can achieve this as a coach/manager or then DoF. He managerial record I don't think would even get West Ham excited at the possibility of recruiting him. He never strikes me as a man who lives or breathes football every day of the week, more of one that knows he might pick up a nice little earner for a few months somewhere.

I want a DoF that's demonstrated they have a plan. That they know how to build an environment that delivers that plan. That at all costs the plan underpins the philosophy the club have chosen, that the entire club is behind, even the toilet cleaners scrub the blogs in a 4-3-3 formation.

Giving a manager power and influence over the recruitment operation is one thing, going out of fashion as you say but still a viable way to handle things.

But scouting, recruitment and transfer business itself now requires a large team of people with a variety of different expertise that a manager won't have, and a manager cannot do their own job properly if they have to contribute to or even be the primary leader of that staff. That department needs its own leader with a significant degree of influence and day-to-day autonomy, even if they are ultimately given the remit to focus on serving the manager's tactical needs and desires.

Wheeler-dealer was dead ten years ago.
I didn't say remove the entire scouting team did I?

I said remove the Director of football.

What's wheeler-dealer got to do with it? Colourful language trying to evoke an antiquated manager like Redknapp to beef up your argument, but nothing to do with what I'm saying.

I just don't think Director of football works, I was always told that the reason behind a director of football was to retain a footballing identity, that way managers may come and go but the identity remains.
But we sack Directors of football almost as frequently as we sack managers.
And truthfully I don't see a footballing identity at the club.
I see a bunch of band aid fixes.

I don't think you would disagree that Paratici needs to go?

Also the manager doesn't coach the team exclusivley either does he? If you watch our training videos for example most of the sessions were taken by Conte's staff.

So I don't buy the argument that the manager doesn't have time to identify targets with the help of the scouting network of course.

Another good argument for removing the DoF is that you don't end up with the embarrassing "club signings" where the manager/head coach whatever you want to call him, doesn't want to even play the signings. See Spence, Bissoma et al.

DoF always felt like a needless modernisation for the sake of copying the continent.

I can remember Frank Karsten being poached by Chelsea, Comolli. There's been a string of them, Right up to that bald twat we had before Paratici whose name thankfully eludes me, but did awful awful transfer business.

It's only worked for us once and that was Paul Mitchell and I don't even remember if he was officially DoF.

Last edited:
It may lighten the mood a little to know that one of the senior Prosecuting team leading the case against Juventus has been thrown off the case.

A video came to light from about 2 years ago where he declared his support of another Serie A team and that he hated Juventus.

Its pretty standard to expect all members of a prosecuting team to know they had to step aside if they had conflicts preventing them being seen to be independent.

Apparently all the prosecuting team and judge were very embarrassed to have that come up half way through the trial. Especially with the prosecuting team having made a big thing that the Juventus directors should have known that they were doing wrong.

Et tu Brutus and all that.

Back
Top Bottom