Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly don't see how they can't be found guilty. They have never once denied any of the emails of theirs that blatantly show them cooking up the commercial activities (and these are just the original Der Spiegel piece, there are scores of other stuff they have been accused of by the PL), their defence thus far has been to say "the emails were obtained illegally".

If the PL want to sell a fantastic product and therefore continue to sell worldwide and continue to grow the money they take then City would actually be a threat to that. City are just too dominant, this makes for a shit contest (to have the same team win every single year, it's not competitive, yet it's sold as competitive). It's honestly in their interest to penalise the fuck out of them. Demote them, take away their titles, fine them and then distribute that money to the rest of the league.

But there just isn't anything that predates this where clubs have ever been appropriately penalised for their crimes. Arguably the ban on English clubs following Heysel Stadium was appropriate, those fans from the other Clubs other than Liverpool would argue otherwise with some justification, but the penalty was severe and completely appropriate when taking into account that nearly 50 people were killed. And was the begging of getting hooliganism out of football (another debate entirely but the way this was actually done was largely wrong IMO).

But yeah, I've zero confidence that they will end up with a big fine but one that still shows that it was worth every penny because they still benefited from doing it.

One fundamental thing that I don't understand is why would they bother to cook the books the way they did. Why not just do what Abramovich did and just pump their money in under a loan?
Yeah, regarding cooking books vs the parent Co loan, in hindsight, seems odd.
Equally though, I cannot fathom how something as obvious and easy to track as a parent company loan was ever able to get round FFP... It's soooo transparent it's almost like they just didnt think / thought nobody would be that brazen.. Muppets.

I'm misunderstanding - Do you mean they can't be found not guilty?

Or do you think they're innocent?
Guilty on all the stuff they were charged of by UEFA 100%, the emails prove without doubt. As for the newer stuff they are being charged with by the PL some of it looks like they are chucking as much shit as they can and hope something sticks.

A sky bar you say! A roof walk experience you say! Over 60k expansion you say! A Hotel you say!???

Where do they get these ideas from? Hhhmmm

They also copied us by putting in a Tunnel Club too!

The big problem here is, filling it. They have problems doing it now and those that are there are there because they won the employee of the month competition at their work.

A sky bar you say! A roof walk experience you say! Over 60k expansion you say! A Hotel you say!???

The big problem here is, filling it. They have problems doing it now and those that are there are there because they won the employee of the month competition at their work.

Reminds me of when a number of years ago the Scottish league decided to rebrand and rename their divisions. They had already changed the topflight name to the Scottish Premier League in the early 2000s. Then around 2012/13 they spunked a load of money on consultants, and then came up with the following idea for the names of their football divisions....

Scottish Premier League
Scottish First Division became the Scottish Championship
Scottish 2nd Division became Scottish League One
Scottish 3rd Division became Scottish League Two

Absolute stroke of genius, and money well spent. I just wish I knew where they came up with the names for each division.

Yeah, but where's their cheese room? Northern scruffs, not classy metropolitan types like what we is.

Yeah, regarding cooking books vs the parent Co loan, in hindsight, seems odd.
Equally though, I cannot fathom how something as obvious and easy to track as a parent company loan was ever able to get round FFP... It's soooo transparent it's almost like they just didnt think / thought nobody would be that brazen.. Muppets.
The for Chelsea loans helped cash flow not ffp only income from football related income can be used for ffp (hence city cooking the books to increase sponsorship revenue). What that meant was Roman could lend the money within the rules to Chelsea and not break ffp, some of the money was pre ffp the rest would have come under money allowed to be injected by ownership.

No idea of the details but it didn't break ffp as any loan wouldn't be counted as income for ffp purposes.

Looks like they do concerts and other events there too.........

No proper club does that apparently.

Wonder if their fans go out of their way to take the piss out of all these things too?

............For once "only Spurs" might have a ring of truth to it afterall.

DO YOUR JOBS YOU OIL STATE FUNDED, FFP AVOIDING, £1BILLION SPENDING BUNCH OF BLUE MOON SINGING, OASIS LOOKING CUNTS.

SOME MORE SCENES LIKE THIS PLEASE…….

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom