Eric Dier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We most likely need 3, only Romero decent enough! And we would probably have to keep at least 1 of the donkeys, since we probably need 5 in the squad.

Since Ndicka looks to be on his way to Roma, we could probably try to go for Laporte, Guehi, and Kilman.

Would give us Romero and Guehi at RCB, and Laporte and Kilman at LCB, i could live with that

We're not paying circa 50m to have Guehi as a sub.

We don’t need 3 new centre backs. We will be playing a back 4.
You need at least 5 CB´s in a squad if you play a back 4!

1. Romero
2. NEW
3. NEW
4. NEW
5. 1 donkey out of Dier, Sanchez, Rodon, Tanganga, Lenglet

If we only sign 2 CB´s we need to keep 2 donkeys, if we sign 1 CB we need to keep 3 donkeys.

So if we want to compete, we need to sign 3 CB´s!!

We're not paying circa 50m to have Guehi as a sub.
He also just doesn't seem good enough for us to bother paying whatever Palace would accept. Which probably isn't a lot less than 50m.

Well hello midtable obscurity then!!!

If we want to compete we have to have 2 good elevens not 1.

And we paid £60m for a backup striker

We need to have players competing for places to get somewhere, we can´t afford to keep being cheap
Yes, you need good depth everywhere but right now we need to improve the FIRST XI before we start spending 50m on backups. I think the Richarlison deal was a precaution in case Kane was to leave, then we have a striker ready to step in.

We need to spend big on one CB to start with Romero, then look at CB and a CM before spending big on any backups.

1. Romero
2. NEW
3. NEW
4. NEW

If we only sign 2 CB´s we need to keep 2 donkeys, if we sign 1 CB we need to keep 3 donkeys.

Compete for what? 7th place?

1. Romero
2. NEW
3. NEW
4. NEW

5 including a FB that can also play CB. I'd say Royal has shown that he's more than capable as an emergency CB.

1. Romero
2. Victor Nelson - linked at 20m and would rotate with Romero
3. New LCB
4. New LCB
5. Either one of Dier/Davies stays or this is Royal.

So, we may well end up signing 3 CB's this summer. Or Davies stays and we we only look to bring in a RCB and LCB.

Doesn't make sense they are letting N'Dicka go to Roma on a free really when you look at it this way. They must not rate him at all.

Compete for what? 7th place?
What do you think?

Teeth Weirdo GIF

5 including a FB that can also play CB. I'd say Royal has shown that he's more than capable as an emergency CB.

1. Romero
2. Victor Nelson - linked at 20m and would rotate with Romero
3. New LCB
4. New LCB
5. Either one of Dier/Davies stays or this is Royal.

So, we may well end up signing 3 CB's this summer. Or Davies stays and we we only look to bring in a RCB and LCB.

Doesn't make sense they are letting N'Dicka go to Roma on a free really when you look at it this way. They must not rate him at all.
Think we could see more places in squad being filled up with some of the youngsters who will start to get a look in.

1. Romero
2. NEW
3. NEW
4. NEW

Transfer season is always good for a laugh. The chances of us buying 3 CBs in 1 window is absolutely zero.

Best case scenario we buy 1 class player to pair with Romero and another to develop. Dier probably stays, with whoever we can't sell/loan out of Tanganga and Sanchez. Don't expect Lenglet back, and Rodon has been persona non grata for ages. Should be gone permanently.

Actually pains me that he's still at this club. He represents (not him alone) exactly why we haven't made any progress after threatening to become a very good team a good few years back. Nothing personal against him, but he belongs at a club like Everton.

Transfer season is always good for a laugh. The chances of us buying 3 CBs in 1 window is absolutely zero.

Best case scenario we buy 1 class player to pair with Romero and another to develop. Dier probably stays, with whoever we can't sell/loan out of Tanganga and Sanchez. Don't expect Lenglet back, and Rodon has been persona non grata for ages. Should be gone permanently.
Well i didn't say what was going to happen, i was saying what NEEDS to happen!
Love And Hip Hop Knowledge GIF by VH1

Well i didn't say what was going to happen, i was saying what NEEDS to happen!
Love And Hip Hop Knowledge GIF by VH1
TBF, I wouldn't want to buy 3 CBs in the same window either. While the position is a huge need, we also have other big needs, and we just can't monopolize our spending like that.

GK, 2 CBs, and an AM are absolute musts for this window. If we sell Kane, obviously we have to replace him. If we're not bringing Kulu back, we absolutely have to have a RW...and probably need one even if we bring him back. LB and LW. That's 7, potentially 8 with a striker if Kane goes. Even that is asking too much from this club, but all of that is more pressing than a 3rd new CB.

Back
Top Bottom